ANCIENT POT

JamesXCx

I mean, no one is saying that you can't make cards that are outclassed (by the way, both Premature Burial and Monster Reborn are Forbidden. A better example would of been Twister vs MST), but it being completely outclassed is a completely valid critique. As it stands, there really isn't a reason to run this card. You could make it a Counter Trap card, then make it end the battle phase (otherwise Negate Attack outclasses it), or make both players take the damage / half the damage along with it being a Counter Trap.

THANK YOU! I don't see why people think that only really strong cards can be created. I like to create both weak and strong. And I'm sure you can find at least 1 use of it. :D

I mean, no one is saying that you can't make cards that are outclassed (by the way, both Premature Burial and Monster Reborn are Forbidden. A better example would of been Twister vs MST), but it being completely outclassed is a completely valid critique. As it stands, there really isn't a reason to run this card. You could make it a Counter Trap card, then make it end the battle phase (otherwise Negate Attack outclasses it), or make both players take the damage / half the damage along with it being a Counter Trap.

Well, first off, the reason why people run MST over Twister is because it negates...

Usually because when you make a card, you'd want people to want to play it. If you make something so underwhelming with too many other options that can do its job, people would just shrug it off.

That's why you compare with other currently available cards and try to diversify it. Try to create its niche.

Well, if you're really desperate and need a solution, there's, well, a ton of cards in this case. This is Casual, so it's ok if this card is nowhere near good, but it would be cool if this card did do something that gave it some sort of edge over the eleventy-gazillion eight-hundred-thousand two-hundred forty-eight other cards. That way, it won't be completely outclassed (as in, totally worse than other cards in every single way, like how Dragon's Treasure only gives 300 ATK but Axe of Despair gives 1000), and I'm sure it'd be fun figuring out how to do that. Right now, it just does something completely worse than many other cards, and that makes it feel a bit bland right now.

I was probably ninja'd by the entire populace of Jupiter while trying to write something as simple as this. Probably because I kept trying to refresh and see who said what.

Well, first off, the reason why people run MST over Twister is because it negates...

lol

My genuine reaction to this. MST doesn't negate but that's not for discussing here. This card is so outclassed in every aspect of its effect that literally no deck has reason to run it bar stupid combos with Rainbow Life not worth the investment.

because it negates...

negates

MST

my wat

ITT: James, there is literally no point to this deck besides maybe weird shenanigans with like life-burn to life-gain switch stuff, but otherwise, this card is utter s***. Sure, you might not have the other cards, but you have literally NO reason to run this in most decks. It's a waste of deck space that better cards can take up.

my wat

ITT: James, there is literally no point to this deck besides maybe weird shenanigans with like life-burn to life-gain switch stuff, but otherwise, this card is utter s***. Sure, you might not have the other cards, but you have literally NO reason to run this in most decks. It's a waste of deck space that better cards can take up.

I am fine with that. I'll be posting other cards I created and not all are weak. :P

Then what's the point of making a completely useless card?

As he said probably twenty times: fun.

To me, it's a boring card as of current. But this is Casual, so it feels a lot more ok to do this kind of thing here. There's also Joke Cards, but this doesn't seem like it should go in there, at least very much.

As he said probably twenty times: fun.

To me, it's a boring card as of current. But this is Casual, so it feels a lot more ok to do this kind of thing here. There's also Joke Cards, but this doesn't seem like it should go in there, at least very much.

He only said it once, and I ended up missing while skimming over the other posts. lol

To keep it 'fun' yet still giving it at least some purpose, how about making a Quick Play Spell? This way it is not stopped by cards such as Jinzo and Royal Decree. Also, how about making it work if an opponents monster declares a direct attack as well? Or maybe making it last until the end of the turn?

With these suggestions, it would look something like this:

Ancient Pot

Quick-Play Spell

effect:

This turn, if an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can target the attacking monster, negate the attack, then take damage equal to the targeted monster's ATK.

This way it works in pretty much the same way as before but is more useful. It is in no way overpowered, yet has a use in some decks, and could be a fun card to use. I hope I helped!

Then what's the point of making a completely useless card?

Well, I've seen a lot of useless cards in original Yu-Gi-Oh too, so I don't see any problem with that, and its not completely useless xD

To keep it 'fun' yet still giving it at least some purpose, how about making a Quick Play Spell? This way it is not stopped by cards such as Jinzo and Royal Decree. Also, how about making it work if an opponents monster declares a direct attack as well? Or maybe making it last until the end of the turn?

With these suggestions, it would look something like this:

Ancient Pot

Quick-Play Spell

effect:

This turn, if an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can target the attacking monster, negate the attack, then take damage equal to the targeted monster's ATK.

This way it works in pretty much the same way as before but is more useful. It is in no way overpowered, yet has a use in some decks, and could be a fun card to use. I hope I helped!

That's completely the same as the Ancient Pot already does. :p

No it's not, as the original can only negate attacks against your MONSTERS, not direct attacks as well, plus it can only negate 1 attack. My suggested version can negate all attacks the turn you activate it.

It doesn't negate 1 attack, it negates whole attack.

As already mentioned several times over in this thread, this card is rather outclassed by a myriad of options that either protect your monster or don't inflict burn like this card does.

To be fair, Negate Attack is the closest equivalent to this card; it's a Counter Trap, does not require a monster and will not burn you for damage.

Gadjiltron mentioned this earlier, but the idea of making a card is to want people to use it in the presence of other viable options.

Here, this card doesn't stand out, aside from perhaps a weird strategy to reflect damage on the opponent or something (or turn the LP burn into healing).

However, that in itself is already gimmicky.

Yes, it does save your monster but there are about 10+ other options that already do that without any negative drawbacks.

-------

This is Casual, so you are a bit freer with the design, but do keep in mind that when you design stuff, take into consideration other cards that do similar things to what yours does.

The situations you mentioned with no Mirror Force and all are very situational. Bear in mind that it is currently unlimited.

Or if you have to, use Storming Mirror Force to bounce things.

BTW guys, Mirror Force is a powerful card (hence why it's a staple in most Decks), but it's not OPed (although it was banned for a while in the past).

This card is like Dice Jar, in that there's a 1/3 chance you'll end up losing because of not only this effect, but the Gagaga Cowboy everyone runs because of effects like this.

Isn't Premature Burial forbidden to?

Yes, Premature is still banned. 

Hence why people run Call of the Haunted or Oasis of Dragon Souls for generic revival.

Archived