ANCIENT RITUAL

JamesXCx

zVLMZYh.jpg

For example, if opponent has an equip card in his hand, you could activate it, place it on his side of the field and equip either one of your monsters with it or one of his monsters.

What if they can't use it if you use a card...like, idk, Night Beam when there's no Spells/Traps? Is it destroyed? In any case, this card is a basic one-for-one that also nets you serious advantage by looking at their hand. Also, grammar needs fixing, but meh.

If there are no cards to be used, this card simply goes to graveyard.

Where are the grammar mistakes? I honestly can't find them. xD

Correction: Activate this card by discarding one card from your hand. Look at your opponent's hand and select 1 Spell, your opponent must activate that target this turn if able. If there are no spell cards in your opponent's hand, send this card to the graveyard, then, discard one card.

Yes, I added a disadvantage, since, seeing your opponent's hand is a little bit powerful.

Correction: Activate this card by discarding one card from your hand. Look at your opponent's hand and select 1 Spell, your opponent must activate that target this turn if able. If there are no spell cards in your opponent's hand, send this card to the graveyard, then, discard one card.

Yes, I added a disadvantage, since, seeing your opponent's hand is a little bit powerful.

Ooh, I really liked your suggestion.

I would word the card as so, such that its workings are a little clearer. Bait Doll previous rulings did say that the opponent needs to pay all the costs if able, but didn't mention anything about targets, implying that the opponent still has control over what they hit with their Trap Card. The following wording is a modification of Bait Doll's card text.

Discard 1 card; look at your opponent's hand, choose a Spell Card from it, and force its activation, but you also choose that card's targets (if any), then negate its activation if the activation timing is incorrect, and if you do, destroy it. If your opponent has no Spell Cards in their hand, discard 1 card.

I'm not entirely sure what "incorrect activation timing" encompasses, but I presume it's for when the card in question cannot be activated for any possible reason, be it for no valid targets or its cost cannot be paid. Other cards that prevent activation, like Secret Village of the Spellcasters, will also contribute to "incorrect activation timing".

The "send this card to the Graveyard" bit is redundant since regardless of the outcome this card will be sent to the Graveyard once you finish resolving. That is, unless you intend for this card to recycle itself if it successfully hits a Spell with it.

Mind Crush has a lower discard cost, and can hit Traps/monsters as well (or deal with multiple copies in hand of Spells, etc); although you still get to see their hand (though it comes with the chance of uncertainty; unless you get a good idea of what they're using)

This one has a good chance of triggering, provided your opponent uses Spell Cards and all, in addition to them revealing their hand to you and getting an option of what you choose to activate.

However, keep in mind that you are subject to whatever the effects of the Spell Card you choose to activate.

What if that spell card is Raigeki or something? I would prefer Mind Crush to this, but maybe Burning Abyss can find a use for this. Maybe.

In this case, should this occur (and it is prone to happen quite often); then you run the risk of losing everything.

This, or something else.

Although if this does act like Bait Doll, something similar to Gadj's fix should work.

---------

As for your hypothetical scenario, aside from Noble Knights and some other misc. decks, Equip Spells aren't really used.

Does this card force the activation or treat it as its from your hand. (E.G. Destiny Draw acts as Pot of Greed without the discard)

It force activates, meaning if you use this card to Destiny Draw, the opponent would have to discard and draw.

What if that spell card is Raigeki or something? I would prefer Mind Crush to this, but maybe Burning Abyss can find a use for this. Maybe.

If you use this card on Raigeki, it means you're destroying your own monsters.

Archived