Clockwork Souls [OoC/A/Started]

Aix

[spoiler=NPC: Elliandor Frost (Senior)]The shy, but determined President of the defunct Archaeology Club.

Personal Information

Name: Elliandor Frost

Sex: Male

Height: 165 cm

Occupation: Senior, Archaeology Club President (and only member)

A senior who has been at Daedalus College for a lot time and looks a lot younger than he really is. He is a really nice guy, but doesn't have a lot of friends. Despite his unassertive demeanor and lack of self-confidence, he is very determined to attain his goals in reviving the Archaeology Club to its full grandeur.

7MTl2tK.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, just going to mention that due to a freak coincidence, both Claire and Tristan's teaching field overlap (again) right now. It'd be nice if this gets sorted out.

Its a big school why wouldn't multiple teachers teach the same subject?

Well it's not that, but it's just more of the fact it's redundant.

Because of plot reasons, all the students will probably be in the same class, meaning there won't be both teachers at once, like, teaching.

Two words:  Ladies first.

iU8EggM.png

[spoiler=Not-so-Fresh Freshman]

”I wonder how bad you really wanted to get beaten up. By me, that is.”

Personal Information

Name: Erina Leveson

Sex: Female

Date of Birth: July 3rd

Position: Freshman

[spoiler=Appearance]

8XKoUbv.png

Erina is a young woman of average height, standing at 165 centimeters. Her eyes and hair color were naturally red, though no one else in her family was a redhead like her. She often still wears her full military attire from her time being an officer, mainly due to her personal sentiment towards the outfit. While her long sleeves and gloves concealed it perfectly, her arms were actually artificial. Steam-powered constructs that they were, her body had been slightly modified to be able to release the excess steam safely from her back.

Unlike what the image depicted, most of the time she requires a wheelchair to move around due to her legs almost losing their functions completely. However, she's able to reinforce her legs with Anima to temporarily regain the ability to use them again.

[spoiler=Personality]

Tomboyish, headstrong, and always rushing to the challenge, Erina is a hot-blooded young woman that’s always keen on taking her problems right on, boisterously. This doesn’t mean she’s reckless or idiotic, however. As someone from a well-off background, Erina is knowledgeable, and quick with her wit, something that might not be apparent at first. She’s also quite calculating when it comes to preparing her actions, as long as she doesn’t get too much blood coming to her head. She’s quite self-depreciating and actually has barely any sense of self-worth, and is easily irritable if people push her numerous berserk buttons. She’s really sensitive about her age, whether about how she was younger than the others on her unit back then, or how she’s quite older than most of the freshman in the Daedalus Academy. Another thing that she really disliked to hear is how she was the least successful compared to her sisters, who managed to be quite the model students due to their own qualities while she missed the chance for that during her extended service in the military.

Being the oldest daughter of the famous fleet admiral of Britannia has made her really determined to escape from her father’s shadow, as she’s really annoyed with the fact that she’s only known and respected due to her being her father’s daughter, not due to her being herself. That frustration of hers was what originally made her draft into the military as the part of the Navy at a younger age than normal, even abandoning her dream to be a violinist in the meantime. It was simply just so she could prove herself to be able to stand on her own. However, that kind of failed and bit her back badly, with her getting almost fatal injuries in a battle due to her recklessness.

Despite that it seemed that she’s pretty unreachable by others, she’s actually can be quite warm when interacting with the people close to her. Though, while she does actively try to get more friends, a combination of her image, her lineage, and her actual attitude made it harder for her.

[spoiler=Backstory]

Born as the first daughter out of four in her relatively well-off family living on the countryside, Erina lived her life normally for the most part, like a girl of her age would. Though, as she grew up, she started to notice that people were actually seeing and treating her differently, for some reasons. It took her a while to realize that it was mainly due to the fact that her father, who spent most of his time far away from her family, was a war hero and a famous admiral. While at first Erina enjoyed this treatment a bit, later on she started to be irritated that she couldn’t seem to be seen as anything aside from Admiral Leveson’s oldest daughter, and thus she often tries to find something to do that would actually allow her to make a name out of herself. She tried to learn on playing the violin too in the meantime, and found it to be quite enjoyable, and a nice way for her to quell her hot-bloodedness. Though, even after she achieved more and more, she still felt that people only appreciate her as her father’s daughter, not as herself, and this thought frustrated her greatly.

She ended up deciding to enter the mandatory military service in Britannia when she’s 17, much to the protest of her family at first. She decided to enter the Navy, and her father, being worried about her, pulled strings so she could be placed in a unit that he could easily keep track on, though not the one directly under his command. This was all fine and dandy, but her father’s influence there unwittingly made her get a slightly different treatment than the others (much to both her and her father’s frustration), and this includes several successive promotions (which, while she’s actually qualified for the most part, the rate of how fast she got them was really unnatural for someone in a non-special unit). While this drew a slight ire from anyone else not involved with the decision, no actions were actually made in opposition to these. Though, for all her ranks and all that, she was still relatively inexperienced and too reckless for someone of her position, and these factors ended up with her getting (indirectly) hit by another ship’s cannon blast later on, something that she barely survived.

Waking up from her coma six months later, Erina found out that she had lost her arms from the incident, and now those were replaced with automatons, made by her sisters, who had managed to enroll in either Warschool Britannia and Daedalus Academy during her time in the military. While she’s pretty livid with the fact that her sisters managed to get more actual achievements of their own than her and almost requested for her doctor to take off the arms from her in a fit of rage, she ended up having no choice but to accept it as a fact and decided to just return home, not even sure on what she would do next. She tried to pick up playing the violin once more, but much to her complete frustration, her automata’s arms performance were actually too rough for her to play the instrument.

However, one year later, to the surprise of everyone, a mail broke the news that Erina gained a scholarship to attend the prestigious Daedalus Academy. The young woman, who used to have lost the direction for her life, decided to take that scholarship almost immediately, seeing it as a chance to finally define herself and escape from the shadow of her father and sisters’ achievements.

[spoiler=Equipment]Name: Architonnerin

Specification: Anima/Steam-powered Gunclaw

Description: A pair of weapons that utilized high-pressurized steam amplified by anima to fire off projectiles at a ridiculous speed, akin to a machine gun. Directly linked with Erina's arms when active, the weapons would look like a miniaturized version of a three-barreled battleship gun battery in its default state. It can fire off almost any kind of projectiles that could be fitted into its barrel, but for the most part Erina would use glass marbles that she stored on a secret compartment somewhere on her. Though, if she couldn't access any sort of ammunition, she could also use these to fire off the highly-pressurized steam straight at her target, with enough force to knock someone over while giving them harsh burns. At maximum output, this could also help her to propel herself for a rapid dash, or even temporary levitation.

The second part of the weapon's classification comes into play when Erina required a close-range weapon. In that situation she could transform the guns into sharp claws with vibrating edges, strong enough to cut metal. These claws would also be attached to some sort of wires, which allowed them to be used as grappling hook by Erina.

[spoiler=Talents/Abilities]

Being a well-trained military officer with enough front-line experiences, Erina is well-versed in combat knowledge, and she's sure able to put that knowledge into practice well. Proficient in using her officer's sword, it's her preferred weapon since most of the time she doesn't really like using Architonnerin. She's also good at handling most kind of the usual firearms, and is a pretty good marksman. However, she had to constantly use Anima to reinforce her body in combat after she recovered from her injuries back then, since her legs couldn't actually recover perfectly. While when reinforced enough the damage wouldn't be noticeable at all with her moving agilely around the battlefield, without Anima reinforcement she couldn't even move the lower part of her body.

For someone as hotblooded as her, combat strategy and tactics are actually one of the things that she could claim to have a proficiency on. As long as she could hold herself back from rushing recklessly, that is. Her skills with engineering, automaton, and anima control are mediocre at best, but it might be just because she didn't bother to sharpen them back then. Although, using Anima to reinforce her body, even to the point of being able to utilize Overdrive, was something she's able to do well. It's mainly due to her spending her empty year before being admitted to the Academy to learn it just so she could try regain the function of her legs.

[spoiler=Other/Miscellaneous]

iU8EggM.png

I was going to do a PM, but I don't like PMs, so I'm going to ask here.

For all of you who are Seniors and/or Teachers, I would like to discuss with each of you what your character usually does during their spare time. Most commonly, not only would they do research or whatever (if that is what they do), they would become affiliated with some organization or mutual interest group. Many teachers would probably coach a sport or something.

If you lack ideas, discuss it with me.

For all of you who are Seniors and/or Teachers, I would like to discuss with each of you what your character usually does during their spare time. Most commonly, not only would they do research or whatever (if that is what they do), they would become affiliated with some organization or mutual interest group. Many teachers would probably coach a sport or something.

Tristan has the following extracurricular activities 

1) He will be maintaining and utilizing his informant network so he can get dirt on people in positions of power.

2) Tutoring students in the ways of anima so he may further his own informant network.

3) Since he now an Automaton piloting teacher he will now go through the steps of securing one for himself.

Are you telling us that teachers should be involved with extracurricular activities centered around the school?

I was just gonna have Lena do after-class archery as an extracurricular. Would that be acceptable? If not, I'll probably find like a secret group to make that delves into politics or help taking care of the library where she can acquire knowledge of the state of the world.

I think Hina's character and my character both have the same agenda, as far as I am aware. Lena is more for personal reasons, however. So maybe if the two were to become friends, they would both go and start a secret club whose objective is to dig into the state of anarchy and why everyone is keeping everything under wraps, and then that would be her "extracurricular" activity.

If all else fails, Lena can just play tennis. :P

[spoiler=The Child of Light]

"Life can be painful, but i want to help everyone get through it with a smile"

Name: Charlotte Van Holland

[spoiler=Appearance]contest__steampunk_challenge_by_caroucom

Charlotte stands at 1.8 metres (4 centimetres are given by the boots....) and weighs around 60 kg. She's pretty thin and usually wears as depicted in the picture. Her outfit is formal but also perfect for battle being quite light. She has long curly pink hair and big light blue eyes. She's very affectionate to her hat.

[spoiler=Personality]

Charlotte is quite shy and doesn't talk very often. She's extremely nice and would do anything to help others in need. She loves nature and flowers and is very knowledgable of them, her hobby is taking long walks in any type of nature environment. She has a strong force of will and is hard to let down. Although she's not brave and that's one of the main reasons why she chose to come to Daedalus College, to turn herself, the rabbit, into a lion.

She's very naive and easy to fool, but once she realizes that she's been fooled you probably don't want to be near her. She's always thinking about something, it can vary from the reason the world exists to what she could go eat after. She always has a smile on her face, even if very little. She's the emblem of positivity and always tries to see what's good in any situation. People around her get a feeling of warmness due to her niceness. She's always there to support her friends and the people she loves. She often misses her deceased father, and the second reason why she got into Daedalus College is because of that, to honor him.

[spoiler=Biography]

Charlotte was born in Holland, in a quite wealthy family. She lived there for her entire childhood. Her father was a general officer in the army, but died in war when Charlotte was 14. Her mother is an archeologist, she's also the one who found Charlotte's artifact. After her father died, Charlotte turned very gloomy and rude. This went on for a while, until she realized that because of that she was alone, she decided to fix everything that was broken because of her personality, she apologized to everyone, and bonded more with everyone. She was once again the smiling girl, but this time her smile was even brighter, like a star.

After Britannia's assault to Holland, she and her mother decided to move to Scholomance in Britannia. This town was the home to Daedalus College, a prestigious academy. Charlotte decided to join it, to honor her father.

[spoiler=Equipment] She's the holder of a Daedalus Artifact, the Lumina Mechanism. She wears this artifact as a simple necklace, not knowing it's actual abilities. It was gifted to her by her mother when she turned 18, though her mother didn't tell her the true story of that necklace. It looks like a clog of silver gears with an amethyst in the middle. The characteristic of this artifact is that for it to gain new abilities you have to solve special puzzles to dissolve each gear and let more power of the Anima infused gem pass through.

[spoiler=Abilities]

[spoiler=The Lumina Mechanism] This artifact has the ability to manipulate light itself to a certain extent, mostly for defensive purposes. It has many abilities that Charlotte has yet to unlock.

The only ability unlocked right now is the Firefly Shield. This ability allows her to summon a shield of light all around her like a bubble, protecting her and all the other people inside it. nothing can break the shield, but as long as it's active no one can get out of it, so Charlotte has to deactivate it.

She can also sing very well

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]

[spoiler=Theme] [spoiler=Character Theme]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9deD1UHEsw 

[spoiler=Battle Theme] 

• She enjoys cooking but is not very good at it.
  • Her favourite food is crêpes, specially with fresh berries
  • She's a very heavy sleeper

I think the app is done, i added the bio, changed the first theme and added the battle theme.

Violet is going to be coaching the chess club. She'll also be opening an automaton engineering course on Thursdays and Tuesdays, and will host monthly competition for the same subject, with the winners getting extra grades from her. She occasionally will appear on the Badminton and Cricket club, and help as a sub coach there. Other than that she'll either be in the library digging for information of the Academy's secrets, hunting those rumored secrets down for her own purpose, or sleeping.

Caeil would spend her time trying out different clubs, circles, and teams for the most part. She'll also try watching the freshman to find out potential rivals, and maybe testing out new automatons or weapons on others and act like a big bully.

[spoiler=NPC: Sebastian the Butler]

Personal Information

Name: Sebastian

Height: 185 cm

Despite being a mere butler, Sebastian holds great mystery for all members of Daedalus College, even for its leaders, and he does not strictly answer to them, although he listens to their requests. He seems to have served Mephistopheles himself at the College's conception over 700 years ago, and their relation was said to be more akin to friendship than master and servant. They say that he is watching over the College, making sure Mephistopheles' will is being followed and waiting for Mephistopheles' return. His automaton control capabilities are equal to the highest echelons of the Britannian military; while the exact number of automatons he controls is unknown, he is capable of singlehandedly doing almost all of the housekeeping tasks at the College.

xLNQ7Z2.jpg

[spoiler=NPC: Victoria Wallace the Headmistress]

Personal Information

Name: Victoria Wallace

Sex: Female

Height: 178 cm

The Headmistress of Daedalus College and one of its star alumni. She is relatively well-known as a genius engineer, an accomplished soldier, and the fiercely beautiful daughter of long-standing Britannian military nobility. Her use of Anima makes her look a lot younger than she really is. Fierce, but good-intentioned, she challenges all students to exceed their limits and does regular inspections of the running of classes to ensure quality of education. Due to her high standards, she can come off as extremely stringent and harsh, but she is well-respected and liked at the College.

0P44Akj.jpg

[spoiler=Stirling Rookwood, the Freshman who totally isn't spiderman]

6QWp5RI.png

“Technology these days is just so… messy...”

RK7zrvR.png

Name: Stirling Rookwood
School Position: Freshman

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Appearance]

cntTxGY.jpgStirling is relatively tall for his age, standing at 5 feet, 11 inches (around 180 centimeters). His build is thin and wiry, causing him to weigh only 130 pounds (about 60 kilograms). When in common areas, such as classrooms and the street, he wears a somewhat typical, semi-formal outfit, consisting of a double-breasted vest and thinly striped slacks. He wears a thick shirt underneath his vest, with a tight-fitting undershirt. Around his neck, he often wears a large scarf, which does well to cover up the mask integrated into his outfit when it is not over his head. When transitioning to the battlefield, Stirling pulls the mask up over his head, so as to protect himself from the environment.

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Personality]Stirling Rookwood is, if nothing else, detail-oriented, occasionally to the point of even being a perfectionist. He is of the school of thought that there is a correct method of achieving each goal, and any other action is just a waste of time. Because of this, he has a habit of waiting back as everyone else charges forward, so that he can properly survey the situation properly, and find the “solution.” Of course, this kind of behavior has two effects. The first of these is that he is often viewed as lazy by peers, as he always aims for the most efficient option, that is, the option that requires the least effort from him but still achieves the greatest result. The second is that he is looked at as somewhat of a know-it-all, as he values his own judgment above that of everyone else, and thoroughly enjoys when he is proven right by circumstance.
Throughout his life, he has learned that much of human behavior is born of hypocrisy: those who accuse you of laziness merely do so to make themselves appear busy by comparison. And besides. Whether or not they recognize his talent is really up to them. After all, at the end of the day, someone is going to have cuts and bruises, if not worse, while he avoided the fight altogether.
Stirling approaches social situations the same way he approaches the battlefield: with apprehension to spare. He knows all the cues given while in conversation, and can pick up on them quie well, but his nasty habit of thinking before taking any sort of action gets in the way of his own socialization, causing his vocabulary to be largely comprised of “ahhs,” and “umms.” Needless to say, this is far from enjoyable for him, so he tries to avoid such situations, aside from when truly necessary.

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Biography]Long story short, he was born into a rich family that was very much capable of paying tuition, showed an affinity toward automata since a young age, and was put into Daedalus College at the youngest age he was able to pass entrance exams. I will fill this in with actual stuff after I have had some rest and am capable of proper writing.

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Equipment]
[spoiler=Bugs]

Xh4OjEv.jpg

Stirling makes extensive use of a few dozen small automaton, each with a diameter of only about an inch. This small size allows them to fit into extremely small areas that would not typically be accessible, achieving a wide variety of goal. They have various function, due to their individual ability to cut through metal through use of tiny Anima-powered torched on the front limbs. Additionally, each of these automatons is capable of self-destructing should the need arise. This explosions from these is a small one, but burns at a very high heat, allowing considerable precision damage to be done to a target my using the automatons as tiny walking bombs. Stirling keeps a few of his automatons hidden in various locations on his person, with the rest carried in a small satchel-bag he slings at waist-height.

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Outfit]
Stirling’s clothing is reinforced throughout, allowing him to withstand attacks better than otherwise, decreasing the overall concussive force of physical blows, reducing the puncturing ability of blades, and even withstanding small-arms fire to an extent. Additionally, the goggles built into his mask filter light in a way that slightly increases his vision in suboptimal conditions, such as those with large amounts of smoke or dust in the air.

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Abilities]
Automaton Proficiency: Stirling has been using automaton for years before entering into Daedalus College, and is quite skilled in the operation of his little bugs. Additionally, he is intuitive toward the workings of automata, and can repair them on the fly.
Increased Agility: Through use of Overdrive, Stirling increases his agility, as well as reflexes and stamina, allowing him to be very slippery on the battlefield, jumping from building to building and avoiding attacks as he uses his bugs for more precise work.

9URQwLL.png
[spoiler=Miscellaneous]Main Theme: http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/6z9nn3mhwd/Archimedes.mp3
Battle Theme: http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/qnmhjq9pmt/MEDIC.mp3

9URQwLL.png

And I just saw the question. Roy has a position in the military reserve, currently acting as a sort of area guard around Daedalus College, though he likely will spend most of his time tagging along with Morgan.

No. Not at all.

This is literally the only thing tying me to this site anymore. If it's not going to start, then all of this was a waste of time.

That's really deep.

It will start, which you would have known if you did not leave the group chat for no reason.

Soon, of course.

[spoiler=German Panzer WIP]

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

js8XF8e.jpg

x393wz.jpg
Personal Information
x393wz.jpg
Name: Alexander Wiegand
Nationality: Almain
Schooling Status: Freshman
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance]

nXrFUob.jpg
(A picture with some text describing height/weight/build; or five lines of text minimum)

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personality]You can't help but to feel a militaristic aura when you are around Alexander. His posture is flawless, he never makes any unnecesary moves, and his face appears to be frozen in a constant pokerface. Goal-oriented, and obedient to the core, he is the spitting image of a perfect soldier. He is respectful to the authorities (be it parents, teachers or superiors), and generally doesn't question their commands.

His tough guy appearance can be a bit deceiving, though. While he might look scary on the outside, he can be surprisingly easy to get along with. When not on duty, Alexander has a gentle demeanor, and avoids conflict whenever possible. His words, while not many, tend to carry the same weight that his punches do. It's really hard to get on his bad side, since he tends to ignore provocations (when he actually understand them, that is...). That said, he will gladly take anyone on any kind of skill challenge, even on the fields that aren't his forte. He doesn't care as much about winning or losing as he does about perfecting oneself and forming bonds through competition. His sense of humor has been described by several people as "bland, if existing". The guy just doesn't get jokes. And the cultural change of moving to Britannia isn't helping either on that regard...

Speaking of Britannia, Alexander is keeping a positive attitude about his trip there. He loves his homeland, but he isn't reluctant to moving to an unknown place, meeting new people, and discovering a new culture. While he takes pride in his Almain nobility status, Alexander is well aware that he is in a foreign land, and that that doesn't mean a lot in Daedalus, so he is keeping a low profile. But be aware, people mocking his country or his family name are one of the few things that can really tick him off...

When on the battlefield, he takes a "no man left behind" policy, taking the protection of his colleages as his maximum priority

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Biography](Tell us who you are, where you come from, and why you are attending Daedalus College/why you are here. Please read up on what Britannia is like.)

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Equipment](Most people would not have their own automaton yet unless they’re rich or they are an engineer. You can include what sort of automaton you would have in the future.)

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Abilities]Physical Strenght: Well trained and with a favorable body type, Alexander is a behemoth of a guy. His grip strength is well above average, too.

Swordsmanship:

Pankration: It's Alexander's style of choice for unarmed fighting. He can deal some nasty throws and punches.

Anima Control: To tell the truth, Alexander's affinity with Anima is quite low. He also hasn't been trained well in its usage, the exception being...

Overdrive: The only Anima technique he's proficient at. With enhanced muscular power, plus his natural talents, Alexander pretty much turns into an human tank.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Miscellaneous](Anything else you want us to know about your character here)

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

I'll be moving to a new house tomorrow, so I'll probably be without internet for a few days or maybe even a week. Don't mind me and just start with this when it's ready, I'll join later somehow.

I'm going to be away this weekend. Posted the IC.

INSTRUCTIONS

Get your ass across into the Daedalus, unless you are one of the seniors or teachers, which then you are likely gathered to see the new students (you can have other plans too if you like). The ten butler bots at the back will take your luggage.

Teachers and sheet can interact as well as comment on the newcomers.

Nai has the crown while I'm gone. kthxbai

Archived