[Deckbuilding Help] Ghostricks. Need Some Help Here.

Well, at this point I think your best bet is to run a Piper list with a Ghostrick engine. A pure build got hit way too much by all the indirect nerfs along the way (Soul Charge 3 -> 1, TGU 3 -> 1).

Could you post a decklist, please? I'm horrible at deckbuilding.

I can't post a list but the basic idea is to have 3 Jiangshi and then a whole bunch of level 1 Ghostricks to basically just spam Dullahan and Angel of Mischief, and then LOADS of traps (like, 20+) and cards like Duality. I don't even think Piper is needed since you run so few monsters that the chances of hitting a level 1 are still low.

Could you post a decklist, please? I'm horrible at deckbuilding.

Um, I don't really have one on me ATM, but generally you wanna run things like Mystic Piper, Kinka-Byo, the level 1 Ghostrick, Jiangshi, Battle Fader, Monarchs, BLS/Chaos Sorcerer, maybe some of the Ghostrick S/T support because Angel of Mischief...and stuff.

I can't post a list but the basic idea is to have 3 Jiangshi and then a whole bunch of level 1 Ghostricks to basically just spam Dullahan and Angel of Mischief, and then LOADS of traps (like, 20+) and cards like Duality. I don't even think Piper is needed since you run so few monsters that the chances of hitting a level 1 are still low.

Oh, I was thinking more like a Piper based deck using Ghostricks. But yeah, what you're saying works as well if it goes for a pure Ghostrick variant ATM. You can't base around Alucard anymore since TGU is hit, so working around the level 1 axis is the best.

Um, I don't really have one on me ATM, but generally you wanna run things like Mystic Piper, Kinka-Byo, the level 1 Ghostrick, Jiangshi, Battle Fader, Monarchs, BLS/Chaos Sorcerer, maybe some of the Ghostrick S/T support because Angel of Mischief...and stuff.

Oh, I was thinking more like a Piper based deck using Ghostricks. But yeah, what you're saying works as well if it goes for a pure Ghostrick variant ATM. You can't base around Alucard anymore since TGU is hit, so working around the level 1 axis is the best.

Yes you can. One of the things that Ghostricks have always suffered from is having too much advantage to do anything with, which is why your Level 3 target in Tricks has always been Edge Imp Sabres. It allows you to combine it with Jiangshi to make more Alucards.

Piper Chaos Tricks still aren't as good as REDRUMtrick, although the rank-up element may have to be toned down a lot more now in favour for stuff like Ghostrick Vanish.

Yes you can. One of the things that Ghostricks have always suffered from is having too much advantage to do anything with, which is why your Level 3 target in Tricks has always been Edge Imp Sabres. It allows you to combine it with Jiangshi to make more Alucards.

Piper Chaos Tricks still aren't as good as REDRUMtrick, although the rank-up element may have to be toned down a lot more now in favour for stuff like Ghostrick Vanish.

With 1 TGU? That's the issue I have.

With 1 TGU? That's the issue I have.

You play enough digging power to warrant it (i.e. Duality Upstart and Allure all help fix it along with Specter being disgustingly good for what he is.) The main reason why this deck isn't actually a consideration right now is because of how oppressive every other deck is right now. Mistake, Lose a Turn, any form of banishing, Djinn Lock. They all hurt the deck far too much and they have very little ways to actually answer them.

I am a long-time ghostrick player and i can help you no problem! I'm telling you a bit what i have in my irl deck (They're actually quite cheap irl)

Jiangshi is an obvious 3 of, being the main searcher.

3 mansions are obvious, but i also run 1 of each of the other 2 field spells, each of them can be useful at times.

Most of the other cards are optional and free for your choice and it depends on what deck you're trying to go for, mine is pretty varied.

If you wanna lockdown, run 2/3 Nekomusune ( If i  remember correctly i run 1/2)

I personally really like Doll because she if comboed with Night can be fatal!

Never run the wolf, it's just bad, really bad, really bad, also Yeti isn't very good, don't run him either.

My deck doesn't use Break or Angel (I haven't gotten them yet irl, heheh) but they're good cards, especially Angel

• 4 months later...

I suggest perhaps a pumprincess the princess of ghosts, I use it in my ghostricks for keeping the damage down for Mansion. Then there's Gravity Bind and Grave of the Super Ancient Organism, both of which can prevent really big threats from doing most damage (EX: Frightfur, Infernoid (maybe), Stardust Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon). Needle Cieling and Ectoplasmer, they may seem useless, but think about it, they both only work on face-up monsters, combined with mansion, your opponent won't do much damage with their monsters with ectoplasmer (I suggest Jiangshi instead of Doll when playing Ectoplasmer). Plus with all Ghostricks face-down, Needle Cieling is perfect for throwing your opponent off game. I played against another ghostrick deck before, they played a mirror force which could be useful, but I suggest Burrying Mirror Force for fighting Majespecters (Their spells can't tribute face-down WIND monsters (hopefully)). Next we have Book of Moon and Swords of Concealing Light, gives you an advantage with Mansion. Another card would be Gravekeeper's Servant, partnered with Skeleton, your opponent will have low resources, perfect for fighting pendulem based decks, but I suggest using it wisely (don't use it when fighting Infernoid or Lightsworn, it'll give them an advantage). I'd also run maybe a mystical space typhoon or shifting shadows, but typhoon is MUCH better when fighting Skill Drain. Then there's Pot of Dichotomy, Ghostricks have three types (four counting angel), great recovery tactic if your lucky enough.

Here's what I run:

SkeletonX1 (Milling may, or may not work, so just one)

GhoulX1 (Boost your ATK if able)

StienX1 (Try to get something from what he inflicts)

WarwolfX1 (Combined with Skeleton and/or Museum can attack your opponent at both angles, and in case of Imperial Iron Wall)

JiangshiX2 (2 because Mary can bring out Ghostricks to field)

Pumprincess the Princess of GhostsX1 (For stalling)

YetiX1 (I keep him for his defense)

MummyX1 (In case of Catgirl, Witch, Night, and Call of the Mummy)

The Dark CreatorX1 (Bring back important Ghostricks)

WitchX1 (Catgirl's most important partner)

Yuki OnaX1 (Surprise your opponent with this and Specter while you don't have Mansion)

CatgirlX1 (Rarely need a lockdown but just in case combine with Witch and Night)

DollX2 (Bring out your Obscure Enterage as fast as you can)

Jackfrost X2 (For obvious reasons)

Lantern X2 (For even MORE obvious reasons)

Specter X1/2 (Recovery)

Mary X1/2 (even MORE recovery)

Ties of Brethren X1 (Skeleton, Warwolf, Doll, Catgirl, you name it, this card could save you in a duel)

Dark Eruption X1 (You know why)

Pot of Dichotomy X1 (RECOVERY)

Book of Moon X1 (Mansion/Museum)

Call of the Mummy X1 (Mummy, then Witch and Catgirl, NIGHT)

Swords of Concealing Light X1 (MANSION/MUESUM)

Gravekeeper's Servant X1 (Alternate title: Skeleton's Servant)

Peacful Messanger X1 (Alternative to Gravity Bind)

Ectoplasmer X1 (Ghostricks facedown, Jiangshi engine instead of Doll engine)

Mansion X2 (Don't have to always run 3, it worked for me)

Needle Cieling X1 (Either keep your ghostricks face-down, or have a Vanish on hand)

Burying Mirror Force X1 (Prevent opponent from getting anymore monster advantages, play trick effects to steer clear of CDI and "bury" it/them)

Vanish X2 (Insurance Policy)

Break X1 (Bring back Doll/Skeleton/key ghostricks)

Scare X2 (Even more insurance)

Go-Round X1(Combo with Night, Catgirl, Witch, and (face-down) Mummy)

Grave of the Super Ancient Organism X1 (Inferoids, Frightfurs, high level Synchros, etcetera)

Gravity Bind X1 (All Ghostricks are level 3 or below)

Night X1 (Rarely needs a lockdown, but great insurance and perfect for preventing attacks.)

44 cards

Extra Deck: 15 cards

Angel X2

Alucard X2

Dullahan X2

SocutebossX1

Numbers 13 and 31 X1 each (it worked for me before)

Number 96 X1 (Worked before on Fortune Ladies)

Number 54 X1 (It works)

Number 65 X1 (Just in case)

Wind-Up Zenmaines X1 (excellent defensive card)

Gachi Gachi Gantetsu X1 (Boost Ghostrick DEF)

And perhaps one of the following: Armored Kappa, Number 48, Mechquipped Angineer, Tri-Edged Levia, Shark Caeser, Number 47, any rank 3 or below monster that may be useful.

This is all my advice, hope you like it. ^u^

Archived