{Deck Help} DDs

What are the best builds for DDs and how would one go around building them. I'm probably going to be creating another on later after testing out the first with a strange engine which probably won't work but don't know how to start creating a basic build.

3 Lilith

3 Abyss Ragnarok

2 Kepler

1-2-3 Leonidas (I advise 2)

1-2 Cerberus

1-2 Howling

0-1 Galilei

unsure about swirlal slime at the moment, need to test the deck more

3 Hellgate/Infernal Gate

3 Swamp King

3 Seal Mistake

1 Valkyrie/Dark Witch

2-3 D'Arc

2 Temujin

1 Caesar Ragnarok

1 Caesar

1-2 Alexander

0-1 Kali Yuga

1 Chaos King Archfiend

the rest is to be filled in as you go, but I need to test post-DOCS more before I decide. Mostly waiting on Baphomet.

If you are playing on DN, I honestly think the best bet is to wait for DOCS.

And Black, as for Swirlal, I am of the opinion that it ought to be a 1-of, simply to allow turn 1 D'arc off of Kepler->Hellgate. Its Stygian Street Patrol effect also assists Ragnarok plays greatly, potentially allowing the deck to rely less on temujin (and thus more on D'arc) during explosive turns, but since it is soooooo easy to get in grave turn 1, and having multiple in hand feels horrid (plus it is a suboptimal draw when you have very little presence) I think running more than 1 should be avoided.

Another tech I have been using, at least Pre-DOCS is 2 Lance 2 Dress. Does a lot for keeping D'arc on board till your standby phase. Caesar is also decent for this goal, but easy to play around.

Just my three cents.

Feel free to use this as a base.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/336165-dds-post-docs/

it's still in the testing stages but it's been working well for me.

Your base is awful.

You only run on of th trap stun, you run LolProudOgre, you run MST yet don't run Chickn Race OR Upstart, you have a strange obsession with 1-of trap cards that shouldn't be, your ED is a terrible mess bar the Xyz (though why you run Flare before Dracossack in a deck starved for removal is beyond me), and you run way too many monsters.

I'm actually considering dropping the Stun trap altogether. It has this strange audacity to find its way into my hand, even at 1 copy (I normally open with it 70% of the time, it's weird as sheet, and I don't know why it gravitates to my hand), and I've only found myself actually needing to use it only a handful of times. I'm not running into enough backrow to warrant more deckspace for it, but then I have the other side, where the second I take it out, I /know/ I'll start running into backrow heavy decks and I'll wish I had it. Happens every time.

Ogre is just an old habit. Been wanting to replace it, just haven't gotten around to actually doing it.

Chicken Race I actually completely forgot about. Upstarts used to be in, and I don't remember exactly why I took them out

Flare is in over Dracossack because I've never been a fan of it. I don't see it's appeal, and I'm actually considering Big Eye being my only Rank 7, because I really don't summon them that often.

As for the ED in general, I'm working things out. Sergeants was a test thanks to Slime, but it hasn't put in enough work. Highlander is a placeholder for the future, and Temujin is @1 because I'm not finding myself summoning it enough to warrant more space. Ran 3 of it Pre-D'Arc though (like pretty much everybody)

As for the Monster count, Maxx "C"s were experimental, now that you reminded me about Chicken Race though, those can go. CEO is there for multiple reasons, huge beater, its pendulum effect comes in handy at times, and Level 8 for Kali Yuga. Plus, I've actually been finding myself summoning it more and more. I will be removing the Maxx "C"s and Ogre and just plop in another Leo though.

as for one-of traps

RoD is removal

I plopped in MF without thinking, I don't really need it.

BTS is just there as a third Fiendish but with a double-usage, also something really just thought of on the fly.

Bottomless/Warning are there for obvious reasons

Resource Management is just a tech. I quite like the card.

Thanks for the criticism though. It helped me a lot.

I'm actually considering dropping the Stun trap altogether. It has this strange audacity to find its way into my hand, even at 1 copy (I normally open with it 70% of the time, it's weird as sheet, and I don't know why it gravitates to my hand), and I've only found myself actually needing to use it only a handful of times. I'm not running into enough backrow to warrant more deckspace for it, but then I have the other side, where the second I take it out, I /know/ I'll start running into backrow heavy decks and I'll wish I had it. Happens every time.

You use Seal Mistake as a means to run Skill Drain/Vanity/Floodgates while simultaneously being immune to random Mirror Force/Air Barriers that would ruin your day. Not to mention general backrow.

Chicken Race I actually completely forgot about. Upstarts used to be in, and I don't remember exactly why I took them out

It's a preference thing here. Chicken Race does more for you, but also more for the opp. Upstart makes it a wee bit harder to kill, but doesn't give them advantage.

Flare is in over Dracossack because I've never been a fan of it. I don't see it's appeal, and I'm actually considering Big Eye being my only Rank 7, because I really don't summon them that often.

Dracossack removes floodgates, big monsters, and so on. Even with Caesar Rag, it's not hard to outplay this deck's low removal amount, and dracossack adds more.

As for the ED in general, I'm working things out. Sergeants was a test thanks to Slime, but it hasn't put in enough work. Highlander is a placeholder for the future, and Temujin is @1 because I'm not finding myself summoning it enough to warrant more space. Ran 3 of it Pre-D'Arc though (like pretty much everybody)

Armades > Seargents any day, and even then I wouldn't run it here.

Temujin is a solid at 2 because of the float, as well as combos.

As for the Monster count, Maxx "C"s were experimental, now that you reminded me about Chicken Race though, those can go. CEO is there for multiple reasons, huge beater, its pendulum effect comes in handy at times, and Level 8 for Kali Yuga. Plus, I've actually been finding myself summoning it more and more. I will be removing the Maxx "C"s and Ogre and just plop in another Leo though.

The problem with CEO is that he's only GOOD for Kali Yuga. And Kali Yuga is mostly outclassed by Seal Mistake. Not 100%, but it takes most of the value of Kali Yuga on its own.

as for one-of traps

RoD is removal

I plopped in MF without thinking, I don't really need it.

BTS is just there as a third Fiendish but with a double-usage, also something really just thought of on the fly.

Bottomless/Warning are there for obvious reasons

Resource Management is just a tech. I quite like the card.

Thanks for the criticism though. It helped me a lot.

RoD isn't great, even here. Sure, it's better than elsewhere, but still a limited 1 for 1.

BTS or Fiendish, running both seems overkill, and def BTS with the Seal Mistake afoot.

warning isn't good though

Resource is a fine tech, but the issue is that each set it gets worse and worse. It was great on release through Abyss Rag, little worse post-D'Arc, and it just feels dead a lor of the time now.

Archived