Pendulum Odd-Eyes Magicians

The most important thing ?

You should max odd-eyes, arc in the sky, joker, pendulum call, dragon's lair magician and insight magician, as well as playing 1-2 superior dragon magicians and at least 2 inferior dragon magicians (you can also tech. 1-2 pendulum wizards to get 1 joker or if you do play it drumming kong search per turn (if you play kong up to 2)).

You can also play 1-2 antithesis magicians as he is a 2.5k body, who can negate cards like el-shaddoll construct and most important evilswarm exciton knight, and you can search him via pendulum call if you already have the other pendulum scale you require.

You might tech. 1 eradicator epidemic virus and up to 3 mist valley apex avian if you feel the need of adding one free negation per turn, after testing I can tell you avian is as consistent as necessary (if you do draw him).

The rest comes down to preferences.

The most important thing ?

You should max odd-eyes, arc in the sky, joker, pendulum call, dragon's lair magician and insight magician, as well as playing 1-2 superior dragon magicians and at least 2 inferior dragon magicians (you can also tech. 1-2 pendulum wizards to get 1 joker or if you do play it drumming kong search per turn (if you play kong up to 2)).

You can also play 1-2 antithesis magicians as he is a 2.5k body, who can negate cards like el-shaddoll construct and most important evilswarm exciton knight, and you can search him via pendulum call if you already have the other pendulum scale you require.

You might tech. 1 eradicator epidemic virus and up to 3 mist valley apex avian if you feel the need of adding one free negation per turn, after testing I can tell you avian is as consistent as necessary (if you do draw him).

The rest comes down to preferences.

Just gonna build off of this for the moment.

You should def max Performapal Pendulum Wizard, not 1-2. That card gives the deck a lot of speed that it needs in its capability to find Joker and either Trump Witch (pre-DOCS) or Mammoth Splash (post-DOCS). Other P-Pals aren't really relevant, though I guess whip snake could be teched as a Djinn out. Doubtful though.

Antithesis is good in theory, but he's not good at all in pracice. Even a 1-of Insight Magician tends to perform better, as it at least protects your dudes. It has potential to be a good tech down the line, but I don't think it is for now.

You should play 2-3 Eccentric archfiend. Versatile removal that is, often times, the optimal target for Odd-Eyes to find.

Apex Avian is a really overkill choice, considering that it's unsearchable and isn't a pendulum. EEV just seems like a poor thing to main, but a good thing to side.

You can also run 1 Polymrization pre-DOCS, because it's searchable by witch. Post-DOCS, 2 Odd-Eyes Fusion is essential, as it's a better search for Sky Arc than Odd-Eyes, after T1/2.

You should also run Dragoknight/Dracoslayer Luster Pendulum. He compliments the full P-Pal engine greatly, and he gives you access to Ignister, who is stupidly good.

Other than that, R7s are your best bet, with some supporting R4.

osqrN1Z.jpg

Sample post-DOCS build.

Also, the main issue with Superior/Noble is that she's a level 3 and there are no good level 5 magicians. If there was a good level 5 Magician, she'd be a LOT better, as she'd make Ignister.

Its looks like a good build what what happens when you run into an opponents vanity's?

You have 3 Lair/Pit and 3 eccentric. You remove it and carry on. Not like they can chain vanity's to the actual pendulum summon, so it's a target ahead of time.

Just gonna build off of this for the moment.

You should def max Performapal Pendulum Wizard, not 1-2. That card gives the deck a lot of speed that it needs in its capability to find Joker and either Trump Witch (pre-DOCS) or Mammoth Splash (post-DOCS). Other P-Pals aren't really relevant, though I guess whip snake could be teched as a Djinn out. Doubtful though.

Antithesis is good in theory, but he's not good at all in pracice. Even a 1-of Insight Magician tends to perform better, as it at least protects your dudes. It has potential to be a good tech down the line, but I don't think it is for now.

You should play 2-3 Eccentric archfiend. Versatile removal that is, often times, the optimal target for Odd-Eyes to find.

Apex Avian is a really overkill choice, considering that it's unsearchable and isn't a pendulum. EEV just seems like a poor thing to main, but a good thing to side.

You can also run 1 Polymrization pre-DOCS, because it's searchable by witch. Post-DOCS, 2 Odd-Eyes Fusion is essential, as it's a better search for Sky Arc than Odd-Eyes, after T1/2.

You should also run Dragoknight/Dracoslayer Luster Pendulum. He compliments the full P-Pal engine greatly, and he gives you access to Ignister, who is stupidly good.

Other than that, R7s are your best bet, with some supporting R4.

osqrN1Z.jpg

Sample post-DOCS build.

Also, the main issue with Superior/Noble is that she's a level 3 and there are no good level 5 magicians. If there was a good level 5 Magician, she'd be a LOT better, as she'd make Ignister.

Was this meant to be post DOCS ?

well it has Vortex, OE Fusion, and Mammoth, so yes.

Not the post as a whole, though. Only major differeences pre- and post- are the three cards I mentioned.

It seems you missunderstood me, I assumed he would want to play a version which is NOW playable, unlike the post DOCS version, otherwise 1 mammoth, the fusion and vortex are obviously staples.

It seems you missunderstood me, I assumed he would want to play a version which is NOW playable, unlike the post DOCS version, otherwise 1 mammoth, the fusion and vortex are obviously staples.

Well yeah, that's why I specified alternatives to the maindeck cards in the post.

Trump Witch and Polymerization.

• 1 month later...

This deck is legit busted. I think that what you guys should do is play Summoner's Art and less of some Calls and monsters.

My deck is literally turbo to Infinity Felgrand t1. Granted if we don't receive Infinity then we can still end with combos that are similar to the Stealth Combo for Qli t1 with more cards then seven on field and hand and still have a Felgrand plus something else on the field. Chain is banned btw.

Pot of Riches is a good card for the deck, but I'm only seeing it as a 1 of as you don't want to at all see it in an opening hand because you just want see the strong cards like the dragon lair's and get into a huge board. Why are none of playing Wavering btw. It is a free card and basically you can end with more cards because of it.

Last thing is you guys should consider cards to pen summon that also make it hard for the opponent to actually do anything. Examples are like Dark Simorgh or the Shogun Shien. Best one is Apex Avian which is just solemn that will return to your hand, but the fact it can just stop any card is amazing.

Archived