[ANIME] Security stuff

Kiribi Lady

329px-KiribiLady-JP-Anime-AV.png

If you control a face-up Warrior-Type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Goyo King

329px-GoyoKing-JP-Anime-AV.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Goyo" monsters

If this card battles: You can activate this effect; it gains 400 ATK for each "Goyo" monster you control until the end of the Battle Phase. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target any number of monsters your opponent controls; take control of them. During either player's turn, if a monster was Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field this turn: You can Tribute 1 "Goyo" monster, then target 1 Level 8 or lower monster your opponent controls; take control of that target.

Goyo Defender

GoyoDefender-JP-Anime-AV.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If the only monsters you control are "Goyo Defender", you can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck), but it cannot attack this turn. When this card is attacked by an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: You can activate this effect; its ATK becomes equal to the number of "Goyo Defender" on the field x 1000, during that damage calculation only (this is a Quick Effect). If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Destroy all monsters you control.

-------

Discuss.

Effect for Defender

1 Tuner+1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If the only monsters you control are "Goyo Defender", you can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck), but it cannot attack this turn. When this card is attacked by an opponent's monster, during damage calculation: You can activate this effect; its ATK becomes equal to the number of "Goyo Defender" on the field x 1000, during that damage calculation only (this is a Quick Effect). If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Destroy all monsters you control.

Thanks for the translated effect; updated main post.

As for King, I can't translate it exactly, but it would appear that it gains 400 ATK for each Goyo monster on the field or something for effect 1.

(This is one of those times I wish I could translate Japanese, then we wouldn't have to wait for Wikia to update. Then again, I don't live in Japan so can't watch it when it airs)

--------------------

In any case, King basically requires either Guardian (which might not be good, depending on what King's effects end up being) / Predator or one of the others.

Security likely uses 2 Defenders + loops Jutte to Synchro Summon this.

As for King, I can't translate it exactly, but it would appear that it gains 400 ATK for each Goyo monster on the field or something for effect 1.

Yep when it attack it will gains 400 ATK for each Goyo on the field, its second effect is 'When it destorys a monster, you can select one monster your opponoent control, take control of it'. Last effect is 'When your opponoent summons a monster, you can release one Goyo monster on the field, then select one level 8 or lower monster your opponoent contol, take control of it'

I put it up in the main post, and rewrote it in proper OCG so it looks cleaner.

When King attacks, it becomes 3200 minimum (for itself), which isn't bad.

Second effect seems nice, as you can kill weaker monsters with this and then steal a stronger one afterwards.

Final effect can steal common bosses (save for Xyz-based stuff like with Shun), but does require that you Tribute a Goyo (but that's probably why Defender can spam SS itself).

Overall, doesn't seem too bad.

(Now just hope Konami releases the new Goyo monsters eventually)

EDIT: Wikia updated the second effect, and it can steal any number of monsters now.

Yeah, that's nuts.

Defender is perfect for xyz and Quasar play (but I have a feeling Koanmi will put a restriction on this card to prevent this)

King on the other hand is nuts, its attack gaining effect means it can runs over a lot of cards, then it can target any mnoster your opponoent control and steals it!? The last effecr is just evil (oh and you can Tribute itself to use its effect)

Yeah, I just edited my post about it.

Now the second effect is even more nuts, since it can steal multiple monsters at once (as opposed to just 1 like we originally thought).

First effect is optional now, but you'll probably boost him anyway so it's not much of a change.

---------

As noted already, if this card is going to see print (which likely will not happen for a while), they'll have to release the other Goyos.

Not sure how they'll deal with Defender though.

A level 2 tuner in the grave, junk forward and junk synchron in your hand and you can summon goyo king ... terrible combos aside goyo king actually seems ... still overpowered due to his mass brainwashing effect which has no downsides ... summon, then steal everything the opponent has (-1 monster you destroy via battle)  and if he summons another monster or tries to use removal he will tribute himself to steal yet another monster ...

@Nai: In a nutshell, that seems about right.

That, and it's revivable by Call and other usual things. 

@British: Yeah, it'd be really bad if it were generic.

I take back what I said about Konami releasing the other Goyos, especially Defender since it can spam itself a few times + Tune to make it.

You need Guardian, but that's not too difficult to accomplish.

the only thing that's really stopping King from being omgbork is the fact that it's non-generic. Take that away and you have one of the best Level 8 Synchros ever conceived.

Pretty sure King is still pretty damn good even when non-Generic.

No way Defender's keeping that first effect though.

Pretty sure King is still pretty damn good even when non-Generic.

No way Defender's keeping that first effect though.

Depends on how good the other Goyos are. I mean yeah the effect on-paper is bork as hell, but unless Goyo cards are either very splashable or very searchable, I doubt it'll make that much an impact. This isn't like Ignister where you can use it in any Pendulum deck ever.

goyo defender is interesting.....by having 1 you can summon another 2, this turn a level 3 synch to 2-3 mat rank 3 (if you can afford the space), or for climb for goyo king....

goyo king is crazy.....mass control and can also tribute itself to control summoned monster so it can disrupt play too....although

it still need to battle for the first effect and require another synchro to summon so its not that broken.....

also since king basically require another synchro to summon, this could be indicator for upcoming accel synchro in arc V 

Goyo Defenders effect will be changed so to this I think: "Once per turn, if you control this face-up card and no other monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Goyo Defender" from your Extra Deck"

They would most likely add 'You cannot Special Summon other monsters this turn except "Goyo" Synchro Monsters" in its IRL version to prevent it from being use for Xyz and Quasar

Kiribi's a regular Effect Monster, Armz. (Surprisingly, no one mentioned anything about this, aside from the above; but likely because there's nothing much to say on it)

But yeah, this card is essentially like Boost Warrior, save for the power boost + that it can work with any Warrior.

(Although you'll probably want to Synchro with it anyway, so...)

They would most likely add 'You cannot Synchro Summon other monsters this turn except "Goyo" Synchro Monsters" in its IRL version to prevent it from being use for Xyz and Quasar

That would be a good idea, since as-is right now, you can use it for Rank 3 summons into whatever.

Although I'm more on the lines of it having a hard OPT for its SSing effect, should this ever be printed.

Kiribi's a regular Effect Monster, Armz.

I was under the impression that it was, seeing as how low level monsters with self-summon effects, in the anime, that belong to a set of other cards, and look like younger versions of Synchros... Are typically Tuners.

Archived