[PKMN] Tournament of Legends [OoC]

Just went through and replaced all instances of Prof. Sycamore with another one. I haven't decided whether or not to make an app for the new professor or not, but I'll need to see if I can spare the time to make another app anyway.

As for the condition on Yveltal, I was honestly expecting something like this, but it's a promise that I can certainly keep.

You definitely don't need to. They seem inconsequential tbh. 

Great! Well then, accepted!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, my intent was all four having the same guardian.

That would definitely be interesting, obviously I have some apprehension but if you want to discuss the premise with me I'd be open to trying to compromise on the character if you still want to pursue that character route

That would definitely be interesting, obviously I have some apprehension but if you want to discuss the premise with me I'd be open to trying to compromise on the character if you still want to pursue that character route

Basically, the original 3 regis are so insignificant that their true legendary-ness really only matter when they are all put together.

*throws genesect out the window*

Just the three Regis, though. I have an idea for a team.

Basically, the three would be drawn to each other, and the Guardian would be responsible for all three equally as a result

*throws genesect out the window*

Just the three Regis, though. I have an idea for a team.

Basically, the three would be drawn to each other, and the Guardian would be responsible for all three equally as a result

I would have to see the character before guaranteeing anything, obviously, but I think something could definitely be worked out as long as you are willing to compromise to an extent. 

Just to update you all, I've decided that the IC will go live on Wednesday! So if you want to get a character finished before we start the IC, get it done quickly! However, I will remind everyone that we will still be accepting even after the IC goes live

So... 4 days from now, then? Sounds good.

Anyway, I'll get to work on a Legend Hunter, since there's so few atm.

EDIT: Change of plans; making a new Guardian instead

[spoiler=Professor Gesine Guelder, the Pokemon Professor Who Travels All Over the World]

wkF52NI.png

"Now zen, let us see vat zis tournament is all about..."

Personal Information:
Name: Professor Gesine Guelder
[spoiler=Appearance]Prof. Guelder stands at an imposing 180cm (5' 11"), and has a BWH ratio 31-21-30. Her hair is actually a light brown, although it may be seen as blonde when under a certain light, and she has a very alluring pair of blood red eyes. These eyes are the biggest highlights of Prof. Guelder's appearance, standing out even more than her well endowed bosom, but they can pierce straight through anyone that she happens to not be amused by. While she may wear what's seen below at night, out in the open, Prof. Guelder wears something a lot more professional. Specifically, she has the same labcoat, but wears a men's shirt, a long black skirt and high heels.

1d0ff021f4d435cf2dbe3d37784998f706a1451d

[spoiler=Personality]Having taken a temporary break from her job, Prof. Guelder is fortune enough to have come to Archanum Island to watch the Tournament of Legends unfold. She's not participating in the tournament itself, preferring to watch from the sidelines. However, her Pokemon are strong in their own rights, as they would often have to protect her from various threats, Pokemon and human alike, while she went about her research. As such, Prof. Guelder has full confidence that they can take on any Legend Hunter that tries to go after her or her Meloetta. Then again, Prof. Guelder is well aware of what the Legend Hunters are capable of against the unprepared. All the more reason why she's not participating in the tournament; as much fun as she's told she's missing out on, the trade-off is that Prof. Guelder's Pokemon remain at tip-top health, rendering the Professor herself 110% ready to counteract any attacks that a Legend Hunter tries to make, sudden or otherwise.

Prof. Guelder herself is a mostly silent woman, preferring to let her actions speak louder than her words. She's not afraid to talk about some of the discoveries she's made during her research though, but her personal life... not so much; she doesn't personally deem it interested by any means. However, the one being that she ends up talking to most is her own Meloetta, who she treats just like she would her own daughter if she ever had one. The Melody Pokemon's beautiful singing certainly does a number to alleviate the stress that comes with the territory of trying to find out everything there is to know about these creatures. But there are still several discoveries to be made within Archanum Island itself, and Prof. Guelder intends to make those discoveries no matter what it takes.

[spoiler=Background]Approximately 15 years ago, Professer Gesine Guelder started out as an assistant to a Professor Mena Redwood, who was looking after the Pokemon Lab in which Prof. Redwood had been stationed, among other things. While Prof. Redwood had been doing her research as normal, and had been making many discoveries, she often ran on short supply of Chespins, Fennekins and Froakies, among other Pokemon for Prof Guelder to give to trainers starting out on their journey throughout the Totus Region. A young man by the name of Damian Fletcher was one of several children that had no choice but to go without, and Prof. Guelder had felt sorry for him after seeing him run out of the lab in tears. However, she certainly was not amused with Prof. Redwood's constant oversights. Regardless, Profs. Redwood and Guelder continued to work with each other for another five years, until the former was sent an invitation to continue her work in a brand new lab elsewhere, which was an opportunity that she immediately jumped on. With that, Prof. Guelder took over the duties that would've ordinarily been assigned to Prof. Redwood. And she was already doing a significantly better job at it.

One year later, Prof. Guelder found herself setting up for a big display of Mega Stones that she and Prof. Redwood had discovered over the years to the public. She'd even set up glass cases and pressure plates tripped to alarms to try and prevent these Mega Stones from being stolen, as well as video surveillance to capture whoever was fool enough to make an attempt of such on tape. Unfortunately, this didn't stop Damian from successfully pulling off the Masquerainite Heist, but after going through the tapes and recognizing the culprit, Prof. Guelder decided against pressing charges. She was still annoyed that she had to get a replacement though, but she made the arrangements anyway. A week later, a package arrived and was sent straight to Prof. Guelder's Lab. It was labelled as containing a Masquerainite inside it, but when she opened the package and examined the Mega Stone closely, Prof. Guelder noted that the color was ever so slightly... off, to an extent.

That was when Meloetta arrived next the lab window, looking in from the outside. Meloetta was too nervous to do much more than that at first, but when she saw the Mega Stone that Prof. Guelder had been examining, she immediately came forward... as even more of a nervous wreck. Eventually though, after all the stuttering and panicky responses to the professor's accusations, Meloetta finally managed to explain her presence, and ask for protection from these evil people called "Legend Hunters". She also mentioned that that Mega Stone that was delivered to Prof. Guelder was called a Meloetite, and that she herself was meant to be looking after it when all of a sudden it was taken from her hands. Since Mega Evolution was known to make certain Pokemon stronger than they would be in their base form, Prof. Guelder had deduced that the Legend Hunters had pried the Meloetite from the poor Meldoy Pokemon's hands in an effort to weaken her for a later assassination attempt. However, she'd yet to work out how they would've known she needed a Mega Stone of any kind. Regardless, Meloetta was scared for her life, so Prof. Guelder agreed to become her Guardian.

Several years had past since then, and Prof. Guelder had returned home to the Lumiose City Lab after having traveled all over the world, when all of a sudden, she noticed an invitation in the mailbox. She hadn't open it yet because she had things to do that needed more of an immediate attention, but once they were done, she finally found the time to open it. It was an invitation to the Tournament of Legends that was to be held at Archanum Island, which had been signed by a Diana Espinoza. Supposing that seeing one more region couldn't hurt, Prof. Guelder packed her bags and took a flight to Archanum Island, only to note that preparations for the tournament had already begun. She may not have had intentions of participating in the tournament, but Prof. Guelder that the tournament would be a spectacle in and of itself.

Combat Information:
Title: Guardian

[spoiler=Pokemon][spoiler=Current Team][spoiler=Meloetta]meloetta.gif

Meloetta

Held Item: Meloetite

Ability: Serene Grace

Known Techniques: Relic Song, Dream Eater, Close Combat & Sing

Mini Bio to come

[spoiler=Carerra, the Klefki]klefki.gif

Carerra

Held Item: N/A

Ability: Prankster

Known Techniques: Flash Cannon, Dazzling Gleam, Foul Play & Thunder Wave

Mini Bio to come

[spoiler=Titan, the Gyarados]gyarados.gif

Titan

Ability: Moxie

Known Techniques: Aqua Tail, Bounce, Dragon Dance & Taunt

Mini Bio to come

[spoiler=Severus, the Garchomp]garchomp.gif

Severus

Held Item: Rocky Helmet

Ability: Rough Skin

Known Techniques: Outrage, Earthquake, Rest & Sleep Talk

Mini Bio to come

[spoiler=Ghost, the Drapion]drapion.gif

Ghost

Held Item: Drapionite

Ability: Battle Armor

Known Techniques: Cross Poison, Crunch, Focus Punch & Substitute

Mini Bio to come

[spoiler=Velvet, the Volcarona]volcarona.gif

Velvet

Ability: Flame Body

Known Techniques: Bug Buzz, Fire Blast, Hurricane & Quiver Dance

Mini Bio to come

[spoiler=New Mega Evolution: Mega Meloetta]request__mega_meloetta_by_raizhuw_the_re

(Image Credit goes to RaiZhuW-The-Real)

Name: Mega Meloetta
Species: Melody
Type: Fighting/Psychic
Ability: Idol's Flair - Sound-based moves used by the wielder of this ability never miss
Signature Attack: Relic Song
Strengths & Weaknesses: High Attack, Special Attack, Special Defense & Speed(Stat spread is as follows: 100HP/127 Atk/87 Def/128 Sp. Atk/128 Sp. Def/130 Spe)

Evolution Information: Mega Evolves from a Meloetta that holds a Meloetite

[spoiler=New Mega Evolution: Mega Drapion]mega_drapion___concept_art_by_delgalessi

(Image Credit goes to delgalessio)

Name: Mega Drapion
Species: Ogre Scorp
Type: Poison/Dark
Ability: Earth Absorb - Ground-type attacks heal 25% of this Pokemon's health
Signature Attack: Cross Poison
Strengths & Weaknesses: High Attack, Defense & Special Defense, Low HP & Special Attack (Stat spread is as follows: 70HP/120 Atk/130 Def/60 Sp. Atk/125 Sp. Def/95 Spe)

Evolution Information: Mega Evolves from a Drapion that holds a Drapionite

[spoiler=Abilities]Telecommunication: Like most Guardians, Prof. Guelder can communicate with Meloetta via telepathy. They don't need to do this all the time, as Meloetta is one of a few Pokemon capable of human speech. However, the most common application is when they need to speak to each other while they've been separated.

Miscellaneous Information:
Main Theme Song: Stronger, by Kelly Clarkson

Battle Theme Song: Pokemon DPPT OST: Cynthia Battle Theme, as remixed by PokeRemixStudio

Ideal Voice Actress: Eileen Stevens (En)/Erika Nakagawa (Jp)

[spoiler=The Grim]

rkwvr92.png

"Better hurry. Your doom is one step behind you."

Personal Information:

Name: Matilda "Tilde" Night

Nicknames: The Grim

[spoiler=Appearance]

cTcBcl4.png

HT: 5'7" WT: 166 lbs

Tall, slim, and muscled. Her muscles are what actually put her on the "overweight" scale according to BMI, as there's not an inch of excess fat on her body. Has what one could call an "arrow-straight physique" and works to keep it that way.

Because of her tendency to sweat (side effect from being in top physical shape) she goes by the adage of "less is more" when it comes to clothing. Prefers function over form for the most part, but has a weakness for capes. Wears an eyepatch to cover the empty eye socket on the left side of her face. Has a few medical scars on her body from experimentation.

Naturally expressionless, she is often accused of being a dead fish or an iceberg.

[spoiler=Personality]

A good word for Matilda would be single-minded, and it shows in her hunts, as she’ll let nobody get in the way of a hunt, and will in fact, attack them if they do. Her cold way of talking and callous words can cause people to think she’s heartless, which is partly true. Because of the betrayal of her closest friend, she has a hard time trusting others, Pokémon in particular over human beings. The only exceptions lie in her team, who have proved their worth a hundred times over.

Both of Matilda’s parents encouraged self-sufficiency in her, and her natural learning ability and resilience enabled it. Because of this, she doesn’t know how to ask others for help, and ignores anything resembling aid out of pride. So far, she’s managed, but there may come a time when her efforts alone won’t be enough. She doesn’t even accept help from her Pokémon when she feels that it’s a task for her and her alone, often causing them to worry over her.

A natural tomboy, her fearlessness is nothing to be sneered at. Can look a Pyroar in the eye without blinking and often walks into dangerous situations on purpose, merely because it’s the fastest recourse. Matilda’s fears are more on the emotional line. She fears betrayal, attachments, and most importantly, confronting her former friend, because try as she might, she still has attachments toward it.

[spoiler=Background]

Matilda was born to a pair of vicious Hunters. Despite her lineage, she was rather mild-mannered, and unlike most children, questioned her parents’ ideals and methods constantly. This mainly stemmed from her secret friendship with Suicune. Suicune showed her that not all Legendaries were the evil, hated beings that her parents made them out to be. When her friendship was inevitably discovered, it became the straw that broke the camel’s back for her parents. It became apparent that Matilda would never grow to become a Hunter of any sort. However, her parents could not give up their Hunter life, not even for their own child. With this in mind, they decided to drop Matilda off at the modern-day Floaroma Town, where her aunt Higana Grace and her family lived.

Although eight-year-old Matilda was technically their niece, the Grace family treated her like the daughter they never had, and she had a happy four years under their roof. While the other children avoided her because of her personality, her fearlessness earned Quinn’s admiration, and they acted just like an ordinary older sister-younger brother pair. The girl also played with Suicune whenever it came to visit. However, at eleven years of age, she left to become a Pokémon trainer.

Due to a mix-up, the starter that was to be delivered to her was given to somebody else. Instead, she caught the first Pokémon she came across, a Houndour. A natural in Pokémon battling, she ended up defeating the Sinnoh League at age twelve, a minor league taking place in the Sinnoh subregion of Totus. Most of her fans expected her to keep going but instead of fulfilling expectations, she disappeared, having grown tired of fame and fortune.

At age thirteen, Matilda came across her parents fighting the same Suicune she had befriended. Dismayed, she attempted to shield Suicune, but in the confusion had her arm cut badly and lost an eye from its Ice Fang. She blacked out from the pain and when she woke up, Suicune was gone and her parents were dead, puncture marks in their throats. Draggin herself to the nearest hospital, she ended up getting stitches in her arm but her eye couldn’t be saved, so she took to wearing an eye patch to cover up the hollow socket. The whole time she simmered with betrayal and rage, vowing revenge on Suicune. And thus was born The Grim.

[spoiler=The Truth]

In actuality Suicune ended up protecting Matilda when her parents' enemies, a few Team Galactic sympathizers, came onto the scene. Slaughtering her parents with their fanged Pokémon, they were going to kill Matilda as well, but Suicune's presence made them back off. Since then, Suicune has been watching over Matilda even as she hunts it, driving off her foes from the shadows.

Combat Information:

Title: Legend Hunter

[spoiler=Pokémon]

• Houndoom "Doom" (Male / Flash Fire (Solar Power) / Pursuit, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse / Houndoomite)
  • Victreebell "Bell (Female / Chlorophyll / Weather Ball, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Sludge Bomb / Heat Rock)
  • Eelektross "Elek" (Female / Levitate / Coil, Wild Charge, Crush Claw, Ion Deluge / Leftovers)
  • Seaking "King" (Male / Lightning Rod / Waterfall, Soak, Megahorn, Return / King's Rock)
  • Lucario "Rio" (Female / Justified / Bullet Punch, Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Pulse / Expert Belt)
  • Yanmega "Yan" (Male / Speed Boost / Air Slash, Bug Buzz, Protect, Dragon Pulse / Yanmeganite)

[spoiler=Inventory]

• Carries a whip that she uses to damage and wrap around prey
  • Has sharpened clasps in her hair shaped like Houndoom horns
  • Pokédex to identify prey
  • Poké Flute to wake up sleeping Pokémon that get in the way

Other Information:

[spoiler=Mega Yanmega]

SX2ZnFG.png

Name: Mega Yanmega

Type: Bug / Dragon

Ability: Speed Boost or Tinted Lens (stays the same)

Signature Attack: Dragon Pulse

Strengths: Increases in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed

86 HP / 86 Attack / 111 Defense / 156 Special Attack / 56 Special Defense / 120 Speed

Evolution Information: Mega Evolves from Yanmega while holding Yanmeganite

Other Information: Can be used for aerial transportation

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]

• Her whole name is a pun.
  • Speaking of names, she's very unoriginal with her naming skills

Already planned to make her female since the getgo. Idk guess there will just be a lot of female hunters.

Also I made a connection with Suicune in case that could be connected with Hollow's app idk.

Can't think right now. Will make edits when I'm more awake if needed.

Accepted! 

Also, I've added my fourth character to my line up, completing the characters I will have(for now)

Remember that we are starting on Wednesday, so get any and all applications that you want to get done in before then! 

Accepted! I really like your character!

Also, please add Boon Village to the Database

Did I completely ignore this application or have you just not finished, Elly?

I'm not finished. I will be soon though, I've just been busy and I've kinda been peace mealing it.

On second thought, I might replace my Hunter with a second Guardian, and I wish to reserve Meloetta for her (as well as a Mega Form of her)

Question though: could I have my second Guardian not actually participate in the tournament? I was thinking she'd be more of a spectator :/

You are allowed to have both a hunter and a second Guardian, if you wish.

Yes, they just have to be on Archanum Island

Archived