THE GRAND CANYON

JamesXCx

So basically it's Crush Terrain from Duelists of the Roses?

Yeah, no.

The whole point of the game is to get strong monsters on the field and support and protect them with spells and traps, but this takes that idea and absolutely destroys it.

Basically every deck's boss monsters have at least 1500 ATK, and this just ruins the strategies behind them.

I'd like to know what caused you to make this monstrosity. Please, entertain me.

So basically it's Crush Terrain from Duelists of the Roses?

Yeah, no.

The whole point of the game is to get strong monsters on the field and support and protect them with spells and traps, but this takes that idea and absolutely destroys it.

Basically every deck's boss monsters have at least 1500 ATK, and this just ruins the strategies behind them.

I'd like to know what caused you to make this monstrosity. Please, entertain me.

This card ruins strategies for it? Well the point of spell cards is to ruin opponent's strategies.
Have a strong monster? Then don't use this card. It's simple as that.

Well yeah, but "give you an advantage" or "give your opponent a disadvantage" doesn't mean "prevent your opponent from playing" or "make the duel one-sided in your favor".

This card may be more powerful than the old Crush Card. At least that card required you to tribute a weak dark monster. This card activates and your opponent pretty much cannot play the game. This card would probably be banned a couple days into the format it debuts in. Sure you could make the arguement that MST or Magic Jammer could stop it, but Royal Decree and Dark Bribe could stop the old Crush Card and it was still banned.

Well yeah, but "give you an advantage" or "give your opponent a disadvantage" doesn't mean "prevent your opponent from playing" or "make the duel one-sided in your favor".

This card may be more powerful than the old Crush Card. At least that card required you to tribute a weak dark monster. This card activates and your opponent pretty much cannot play the game. This card would probably be banned a couple days into the format it debuts in. Sure you could make the arguement that MST or Magic Jammer could stop it, but Royal Decree and Dark Bribe could stop the old Crush Card and it was still banned.

Thank you for proving my point, Ego.

In short, don't try to improve Crush Card. It's banned for a VERY good reason, and should stay that way.

Crush Card Virus isn't banned, fyi. It was erratad, aka it's not as broken as it was in the past.

Oh yeah, right. Sorry, my bad.

Regardless, this card here, as we've already said at least twice, is broken beyond belief and would be banned very shortly after release. Please, for the love of God, give this thing a REASONABLE effect.

Oh yeah, right. Sorry, my bad.

Regardless, this card here, as we've already said at least twice, is broken beyond belief and would be banned very shortly after release. Please, for the love of God, give this thing a REASONABLE effect.

I have a suggestion that would be more fitting with the name as well.

"All Rock-Type monsters gain 300 DEF. Once per turn, if a Rock-Type monster is destroyed by battle, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 Rock-Type monster without Tributing. You cannot Normal Summon/Set monsters the next turn after this effect resolves.

"All Rock-Type monsters gain 300 DEF. Once per turn, if a Rock-Type monster is destroyed by battle, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 Rock-Type monster without Tributing. You cannot Normal Summon/Set monsters the next turn after this effect resolves.

Bad, as it puts a heavy drawback for a lackluster effect.

As already mentioned, this card pretty much acts like anime Crush Card and that terrain from Duelists of the Roses.

With the consideration that many common monsters are above the 1500 ATK threshold, this kills off more Decks.

While yes, we have stuff like Watts (save for Hydra), Majespecters (save for Unicorn, but it won't die), Ojamas and some other small Decks; doing this kind of effect is really not good design.

It's unfair for the opponent, and while it hurts for you also, the above Decks have cards below 1500 ATK, so they won't care about it.

--------

Instead of having this card blow up stuff, maybe you can have it search or something.

But choose something that doesn't involve blowing the entire relevant card pool up.

--------

As for Crush Card, it was indeed banned until it was errata'd and unbanned, along with a few other notables.

Archived