All Aboard the BANwagon

Wishlist rather than prediction, just to clarify.

Banned:
Denko Sekka

Nekroz of Trishula

Djinn Releaser of Rituals

Royal Magical Library

Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird

Lavalval Chain

Tellarknight Ptolemaeus

Raigeki

Saqlifice

Shaddoll Fusion

Limited:

Sangan
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss

Reinforcement of the Army

Summoner's Art

Emergency Teleport

Mask Change

Wavering Eyes

Mistake

Semi-Limited:
Mind Crush

Compulsory Evacuation Device

Lose 1 Turn
Gold Sarcophagus

Unlimited:
Qliphort Scout

Chaos Sorcerer

Genex Ally Birdman

Neo Spacian Grand Mole

Glow-Up Bulb

Dark Strike Fighter

Card Trooper

Tragoedia

Sacred Sword of Seven Stars

OK, so most of it is self-explanatory, but there are some obvious unconventional choices I will explain:

Shaddoll Fusion: This is almost the entire reason the deck is good. Just the existence of this card forces your opponent to play sub-optimally, it doesn't matter if you actually have one available to you. Without this, Shaddoll becomes a run-of-the-mill control deck and it won't be at all broken. Also, without vanilla fusion, El Fusion becomes a lot worse sine you're relying on it for all your Fusion plays (unless you play Nephe Fusion, which I suppose you'd have to) and you'll rarely be able to make more than 1 Fusion per turn. Fusion Summoning during your opponent's turn to disrupt will become far less common, as will OTKs.

Saqlifice: Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm not a fan of killing decks. I believe with this list, Qliphort will probably be a solid Tier 2 deck, which I'm fine with. I've banned Saqlifice because it does too much with one card. The main reason is, though, that going Scout -> Saqlifice is pretty much a way of ensuring that you'll have a Scout no matter what. The most common Qliphort opening (Scout -> Saq -> Equip to Carrier/Helix) means that even if your opponent opened Scout hate, you'll have another coming your way. Without Saqlifice, you're relying on only luck if your first Scout dies. Also your opening play is less solid. This brings me onto my next point.

Summoner's Art and Scout: Summoner's Art is generic searching for a Pendulum Scale. I'm a believer that all generic searching should be limited and Qliphort needs a bit of a slap in the wrist, so there's a definite excuse to hit Summoner's Art. However, with only 1 Art and 2 Scout, Qli basically becomes unplayable, so I decided to put Scout back to 3. Scout is much less of a problem without Saqlifice and it is easy as hell to respond to and Side against. Losing 2 Art and gaining 1 Scout is still an overall loss for the deck anyway. Oh, and I decided to limit Wavering Eyes because its a stupid card anyway and I don't want Towers Turbo to be the best deck.

Sangan: The card's too slow and doesn't synergise with anything and Tour Guide is @1. Its my token returning banned card of the list.

Archived