Spring of Life [Aroma Spirits]

ÆƵ–

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtvnaEo9-0

dAe2W8u.png

[spoiler=Deck List]

2x Aratama (Searches out Niki and other spirits, lvl 4)

2x Bergamont (Big Plant-y Beater)

2x Cananga (Hooray for debuffs and bouncing!)

2x Jasmine (drawing and an extra plant)

2x Rosemary (Pseudo-Armedes and can change battle positions, also a lvl 4)

Carrot-Man (nice ATK, and a recurring lvl 4)

Izanami (can dump Carrot or lover for a niki/ ara back)

2x Kagetokage (Rank 4 spam is great, has nice synergy with nikiara combo)

3x Lonefire (easiest way to get out berg, can also get out carrot if need be)

3x Nikitama (extra spirit and draws when it hits grave if I have a spirit out, lvl 4)

2x Yaksha (backrow bouncer and lvl 4)

3x Aroma Garden (Gets off aroma effs and boosts all)

Foolish Burial (Dumps Jasmine and Carrot for revival shenanigans)

2x Instant Fusion (I'm running Norden)

Raigeki

2x Spring of Rebirth (gets off Aroma effs during EP if i get a spirit out and it stays)

2x Terraforming (Love that garden)

BTH

CED

2x Oasis of Dragon Souls (gets jasmine back for the draws and extra plant)

2x Pinpoint Guard (gets out an invincible Jasmine or anyone else)

2x Refreshing Wind (gets aromas to hand and gets their effs off if I have lower LP)

3x Storming Mirror Force (works well with spring, and stops floating)

2x Norden (Hooray for rank 4 spam)

3x Castel (non-destructive removal. Yummy)

Cowboy (gets my LP higher/ opponent's to 0 in a pinch)

Chain (For dumping and topdecking)

2x 101 (Still love that non-destruction removal)

Ragnazero (quick destruction and a draw? Sure)

Blackship (Non-destruction removal and burn)

Rhapsody in Berserk (Grave control and a boost to Xyz is cool)

3x Heartlandraco (a direct attacker that can't be attacked while I have a face-up spell card. Nice)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Old Deck]

SRkD4Zi.png

[spoiler=Deck List]

3x Aratama (Searches out Niki and other spirits, lvl 4)

2x Bergamont (Big Plant-y Beater)

2x Cananga (Hooray for debuffs and bouncing!)

2x Jasmine (drawing and an extra plant)

2x Rosemary (Pseudo-Armedes and can change battle positions, also a lvl 4)

2x Carrot-Man (nice ATK, and a recurring lvl 4)

2x Izanami (can dump Carrot or lover for a niki/ ara back)

3x Lonefire (easiest way to get out berg, can also get out carrot if need be)

3x Nikitama (extra spirit and draws when it hits grave if I have a spirit out, lvl 4)

2x Rose Lover (Gets out Berg or whoever w/ trap immunity for the turn)

2x Yaksha (backrow bouncer and lvl 4)

3x Aroma Garden (Gets off aroma effs and boosts all)

2x Instant Fusion (I'm running Norden)

Raigeki

3x Spring of Rebirth (gets off Aroma effs during EP if i get a spirit out and it stays)

2x Terraforming (Love that garden)

BTH

CED

Parching Wind (Potential Boardwipe and pops troublesome monsters)

2x Refreshing Wind (gets aromas to hand and gets their effs off if I have lower LP)

3x Storming Mirror Force (works well with spring, and stops floating)

2x Norden (Hooray for rank 4 spam)

3x Castel (non-destructive removal. Yummy)

Cowboy (gets my LP higher/ opponent's to 0 in a pinch)

Chain (For dumping and topdecking)

2x 101 (Still love that non-destruction removal)

Ragnazero (quick destruction and a draw? Sure)

Blackship (Non-destruction removal and burn)

Rhapsody in Berserk (Grave control and a boost to Xyz is cool)

3x Heartlandraco (a direct attacker that can't be attacked while I have a face-up spell card. Nice)

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So I decided to make this deck because Spirits are actually really good at getting LP through Spring of Rebirth and Aromas love LP. So, is there perhaps any CnC I could get on this odd combo-deck?

I just don't see how this synergizes in the slightest. It seems the two archetypes will just compete against each other, especially early in the game. If you want to mix 2 archetypes together, you have to consider how they synergize. Spirits need their normal summon. Aroma needs their normal summon. That means each turn you can either make a spirit play or an aroma play.

I see what youre going for. You're thinking to gain a lot of life off spring and the start your aroma engine at full power. The problem with this is that everything has to go perfectly for your idea to work:

1) you have to open with the spirit engine

2) you can't dead draw into aromas until your spirit engine is done doing its thing

3) you have to completely change over to the aroma engine and start establishing a late game board.

4) THEN the engines will start to synergize, as Jasmine will get you aromas the NS they need while you have another normal summon for spirit plays.

There are just so many things that can go wrong:

1) You can dead draw 1 engine while trying to set up your other.

2) your opponent can be a thorn I your side while you try to set jasmine up and finally go off.

3) you can have too few life points by the time you get both engines running and then your aromas are useless.

It just takes too much time and luck to be viable. There exists no easy way in your deck to establish a high life point Jasmine presence while running your spirit engine.

If you want to rub two engines, that's fine, but you can't stop one engine to run another, and then try to get them both working. You have to run 1 engine, while at the same time get the other one set up and running.

To do this, I recommend running cards to dump Jasmine and then cards to revive it from the grave like Call of the Haunted or Oasis of Dragon Souls, or even Pinpoint Guard. That way you can set up your aroma engine without stopping your Spirit engine, which is almost entirely monster based.

Sorry for rotting your attention span with this post.

I just don't see how this synergizes in the slightest. It seems the two archetypes will just compete against each other, especially early in the game. If you want to mix 2 archetypes together, you have to consider how they synergize. Spirits need their normal summon. Aroma needs their normal summon. That means each turn you can either make a spirit play or an aroma play.

I see what youre going for. You're thinking to gain a lot of life off spring and the start your aroma engine at full power. The problem with this is that everything has to go perfectly for your idea to work:

1) you have to open with the spirit engine

2) you can't dead draw into aromas until your spirit engine is done doing its thing

3) you have to completely change over to the aroma engine and start establishing a late game board.

4) THEN the engines will start to synergize, as Jasmine will get you aromas the NS they need while you have another normal summon for spirit plays.

There are just so many things that can go wrong:

1) You can dead draw 1 engine while trying to set up your other.

2) your opponent can be a thorn I your side while you try to set jasmine up and finally go off.

3) you can have too few life points by the time you get both engines running and then your aromas are useless.

It just takes too much time and luck to be viable. There exists no easy way in your deck to establish a high life point Jasmine presence while running your spirit engine.

If you want to rub two engines, that's fine, but you can't stop one engine to run another, and then try to get them both working. You have to run 1 engine, while at the same time get the other one set up and running.

To do this, I recommend running cards to dump Jasmine and then cards to revive it from the grave like Call of the Haunted or Oasis of Dragon Souls, or even Pinpoint Guard. That way you can set up your aroma engine without stopping your Spirit engine, which is almost entirely monster based.

Sorry for rotting your attention span with this post.

Kagetokage is best friends with Nikitama and Aratama.

Just sayin'

Thank you both for the suggestions. I have adjusted the deck so that the main focus is the aromas with the spirits as an added bonus, and I also found a lizard!

Archived