Resonance Insect

340px-ResonanceInsect-DUEA-EN-C-1E.png

Effect:

If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Insect-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is banished: You can send 1 Insect-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "Resonance Insect".

This card is really cool. It's basically a better Doomdog Octhros excpet for Insect-Types. The effects work really well with Doom Dozer, Insect Imitation or even Multiplication of Ants. The banishing effect is nice for getting fodder for Lair Wire and Aztekipede/Doom Dozer.

It's a shame really that there isn't better stuff to search with its sent to Graveyard effect. Doom Dozer is nice, Primitive Butterfly is cool and Mother Spider could be interesting, but there isn't really anything else that would be useful in your hand.

Discuss this card, or any combos an' stuff you can do with it.

Whats cute about This card, really, is that it fuels stuff like Doom Dozer quite nicely. Not only does it search it, but it also replaces itself in the Graveyard via milling something, upon being Banished for Dozer.

But who plays Doom Dozer?

But who plays Doom Dozer?

I do, and I mainly brought this up because I'm doing Insects for the Yugioh gym leader challenge thing, and I don't really have many other options for main-deck 'bosses' other than Great Poseidon Beetle and (I think) Earthbound Immortal Uru. And this goes well with Doom Dozer.

I guess you could, like, do something dumb like...

Summoner Monk/etc into This

Play E-Tele for Krebons

Make Arachnid

This searches Dozer

???????

This card can also mooch off stuff like Call of the Haunted that's used as bait, using Call to use This card as fodder, etc.

I don't know, Konami tends to ignore Insects in general.

Zektors dont count.

This thing is so cool. Its stats make it searchable by things like Howling Insect, and its search effect doesn't miss the timing, so it would actually work nicely with my old Underground Arachnid Deck, since Infernity Beetle + this = Arachnid, search Doom Dozer, banish this and Beetle for Doom Dozer, mill something.

It's good for Insects, but Insects need more.

It's good for Insects, but Insects need more.

Insect Nest

Spell

Discard 1 card. Special Summon 1 Level 4 Insect-Type monster from your Deck. You can only Special Summon Insect-Type monsters for the rest of This turn. Can only use 1 "Insect Nest" per turn

???????????

IT SEARCHES GREAT MOTH/PERFECTLY ULTIMATE GREAT MOTH

10/10 WOULD RUN 8

It's also quite good for searching Javelin Beetle. Don't ask why I decided to make a deck around Javelin Beetle though.

Anyway, how about Tributing it for Bee List Soldier's effect and getting a +1? (Of course, this presumes you have a nice and easy way of getting both on the Field).

I love this card with Naturia Sacred Tree! Lots of room for advantage and synergy. Send this for a Plant, fetch Doom Dozer, tribute said Plant for Myrm during the opponent's turn, boss cycle continues. There just needs to be a way to consistently get this card to the field with a way to trigger it. I think at some point though this will be a thing, and this card will be the reason we see a Tier-ed Insect Deck at some point that isn't Inzektors.

I love this card with Naturia Sacred Tree! Lots of room for advantage and synergy. Send this for a Plant, fetch Doom Dozer, tribute said Plant for Myrm during the opponent's turn, boss cycle continues. There just needs to be a way to consistently get this card to the field with a way to trigger it. I think at some point though this will be a thing, and this card will be the reason we see a Tier-ed Insect Deck at some point that isn't Inzektors.

I love the sacred tree combo aswell, amazing with Glow up bulb unbanned aswell.

That seems ok I guess

Insects have a lot of little toys that could make them really consistent: This, Howling Insect, Counterattacking C, Beetron, Bee List Soldier, Spyder Spider, Goki/Danipon, Maxx C... And that's just monsters!

What the type needs are more boss kinds of monsters or things that can pressure the opponent, ie. a win condition.

Archived