Game of Forums (PG-16+)

Thar

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you meant "queen regiment" or "queen regent" which drastically changes the meaning there. Aside from that and the fancy horse business not too bad. Needs more dead striker tho.

I did mean regent, so I'll change that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Loving it so far. I saw the part about Crab Helmet coming, I just had that feeling, y'know. It's weird, it wasn't really obvious, but I just felt like "oh this is going to be Crab." I don't know if maybe because it was similar to your portrayal of her in the crackfics, or what, but either way this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to read. Can't wait for the next Chapter. Also I really want to see what how RP is portrayed.

I'll keep an eye on those. I don't object to using me, for now.

I will say that a greatsword ms about the last thing I'd use, though. Halberd/Lance, Bow, and Magic (if applicable, magic wins) are much more me than a sword, much less a great sword. A rapier' about as much sword as I'd naturally use.

All in all, keep it up. Most of what I'd say so far has already been said, so I won't repeat it. Competition's good, though.

I'll keep an eye on those. I don't object to using me, for now.

I will say that a greatsword ms about the last thing I'd use, though. Halberd/Lance, Bow, and Magic (if applicable, magic wins) are much more me than a sword, much less a great sword. A rapier' about as much sword as I'd naturally use.

All in all, keep it up. Most of what I'd say so far has already been said, so I won't repeat it. Competition's good, though.

Noted. I dunno, I just imagined you as Guts, so a greatsword sounded awesome.

EDIT:

[spoiler=3 - The Two Queens *1165 words*]The General Kingdom was in mourning, but not in grief. Everyone who wasn’t a peasant or merchant wore black, yet not a single eye looked down in despair, but only forward as if ignorance was demanded. The roads were congested, not a single soul unmoving, tending to their duties and destinations like normal.

“What a bunch of ignorant fools!” The queen regent, Pika, stood at the window that overlooked the central part of the town that bustled like a bunch of spiders crawling through a thin passageway, practically climbing over each other, “my king has gone missing and no one even bats an eye?”

“YOU’RE king?” Pika drew a sharp breath through her teeth before curling her lips, turning around to make piercing eye contact with Rapid, the queen consort, “You still attached to him despite all he’s done to you?”

Pika couldn’t help but find the mockery relieving, as she laughed at the statement, “Oh, my dear, what makes you think you know him better than me? By thunder, you’ve been married to the man for merely a week before he just off and vanished. I don’t see the coincidence in that, if I may say so myself.”

“I take that as a yes,” Rapid laughed, gliding along the marble floors of the castle halls towards the window opposite of Pika’s, which overlooked the sunset over the sea, “these windows, they seem to portray what we both see. I see a beautiful landscape, symbolizing a beautiful future on the horizon. My husband will return, and we are to be king and queen once more.”

“Oh, pish posh, that’s nothing but poetic bullshit,” Pika spat, looking out her own window, “I see what a queen should see, as much as a king should see… the state of their kingdom. Look at them, these rotten little pests crawling on our roads scraping it of any piece of food or metal they could find. It makes me sick.”

“You only understand the half of it,” Rapid said as she glided alongside Pika to look out the same window, “Here we see the people, every last one of them, struggling to make merely a scrap, which the entire population adds up to a mere fraction of where you stand amongst them-”

“I am not one of them!” Pika scoffed, turning around to walk in the other direction, “I would never dream of such a thing, not even out of empathy.” Coming up to the window with the view of the sea, she merely looked and sighed, “I don’t even feel empathy for nature anymore. All I see is light finally giving into the damnation of time. For half the day, the light leaves us in the dark, and we have no choice but to sleep through the night. Once it passes, we wake up to live another day like nothing happened the day before.”

“Or maybe we just take the light so much for granted that it’s gone before we can truly appreciate it,” Rapid said, chuckling at Pika’s pessimism, “Maybe we just take so much for granted that nothing we’ve ever lived for even matters to us in the grand scheme of society. In order to gain a true understanding of the world, we need to appreciate it every opportunity we have.”

“What nonsense!” Pika scoffed once more, “You expect to be queen for long with that kind of fragile mindset? You expect these people to take you seriously at the sign of your weakness towards them? The moment those rats spot an opening under your outspread arms, they will not hesitate to dash through it and sabotage everything this kingdom has worked for. Everything my family has gained a reputation from, gone all thanks to some gypsy from the north who felt sorry for the bugs under the rocks.” Pika strutted up to Rapid, practically lowering her with her gaze, “You must understand, girl. You may be the queen, but I am the queen regent, therefore I am your superior and I will not tolerate weakness. Got it?”

“As you wish,” Rapid lightly nodded, more awkward than scared, yet Pika was indifference to the verbal cues. Pika only adjusted herself to stand as a queen should, striding down the hall. Rapid watched in amusement, chuckling, to which must’ve drawn the extra set of footsteps that sounded behind her.

“Quite the charisma she has, huh?” Rapid didn’t even need to look to know who it was.

“What a surprise, Daemon.” she said with a smirk that she didn’t show, yet he could sense, “Aren’t you supposed to be at a council meeting?”

“I was actually just on my way to it, but you caught my attention. In fact, I was actually waiting for that wretched Pika to leave.”

“She is not wretched,” Rapid scoffed in dismissal, “She’s just… overwhelmed. With so many people to watch over, I guess I can’t blame her.”

“Her problems are not yours,” Daemon’s tone was seductive as he inched towards Rapid as if not to spook a rabbit, “Your vision is your own, and as queen, you have that authority. Don’t let yourself succumb to her every whim.” A hand barely held out an index finger to gently carass Rapid’s cheek.

“You misunderstand,” she said as she whisked her shoulder away from Daemon out of reflex, “She’s seen more of society than I’ve ever been used to, and I’ve seen more of the world than she’s ever dreamt of. We’re both in a different wrong, yet as the true queen, I must find a medium in all of this.”

“Are you asking me for advice?” Daemon teased, “Even after pulling away from me like you’re committing a sin with letting me make contact with you?”

“I can’t risk letting an act of intimacy towards anyone else betray my one and only husband.”

“Oh, I’m sure you have nothing to worry about,” Daemon grew slightly ravenous, this time unshy in his approach with his lips forming to land an erotic kiss on Rapid’s neck. Rapid could feel the sensation build enough to jolt away and land a slap on his cheek, which staggered him back a few paces. He held a hand against it, bewildered, but not humiliated.

“I think we’ve talked long enough, Daemon,” Rapid’s tone harshened as she stood up straight, tightening her glance on him, “You are to attend the royal counsel at once, lest I charge you with adultery with the married queen. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, my queen…” Daemon’s words seemed hesitant at first, but his position was worth more than he could risk to contest as he continued down the hall, hand still pressed against his cheek. Rapid kept a suspicious eye on him.

“Nothing to worry about, huh?” she muttered to herself, “Every queen has every reason to worry about something.” She walked back over to the window that overlooked the busy town, looking towards the horizon where a strange aura loomed, “He knows something.”

All of the drama, but still an exciting read.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 3]

Though I enjoyed the interractions between Rapid and Pika and the latter reminding the former that she is the superior.

I felt that Dae made the chapter even more interesting though.

Though I kinda suspect you got "You're" mixed up with "Your" in the third paragraph.

BUMP

[spoiler=4 - Having a Beef With Beef *1564 words*]Far off from any city laid a wide array of flatland consisting of farmhouses, fences, and run-down shacks. Many of these sections of land were well-sowed with perfectly aligned rows of crops ranging from wheat to corn, decorating a bird’s eye view with rectangles of color and texture.

These farms were the main resource of food in YCM, mostly the General Kingdom. Among these farms, albeit relatively rare, were dairy farms. One in particular sat in the middle of several acres of plant farms as if it were a delicate specimen guarded by an army of crops. Within it, cows mingled as idly as visionaries lost in the astral plane, eating grass and cow feed specifically prepared for them in wooden trays consisting of hollow half-logs.

“Alright, what’ll I get out of you lot today?” Cowcow sighed as he strutted towards the line of cows that ate from the half-logs. He wore a smile that could tell a member of the royal family how much he loved his job, yet even then was tired of how much of a daily routine it became. Coming alongside the first cow in the line, he grabbed the stool that leaned against the fence that held the trays of feed, sliding it just behind him and practically falling onto it in a seated position as if routine has made such an action second nature to him. He leaned forward to where his head was under the cow just besides the udders, where he reached out to grasp just after he slid the bucket underneath, “Alright, girl, try to rel-”

The cow made a moo as if she was frustrated, shaking to loosen Cowcow’s grip.

“My apologies, I forgot how much of a WOMAN you were…” Cowcow sighed. The cow huffed through her nostrils, continuing to eat as Cowcow reached back out to grip the udder. With a squeeze and a tug, milk started to fill the bucket.

“Ugh, I need a girlfriend…” Cowcow’s utterance made the cow snort in mockery, “Ah, shut it and eat your feed!” The cow responded with another snort as Cowcow sighed, rolling his eyes and later chuckling. He proceeded to milk, filling the bucket a quarter of the way before he heard a noise towards the farmhouse. He paused the milking to stand up and look from the distance he was, drawn by the echos.

“I hear ya keep some quality milk here, old man,” A voice could be heard, faint from the distance, but clear enough for Cowcow to be alarmed. He bolted into a sprint across the hilly fields into the shack that stood several yards from the house, where the voices were clearer, “What kind a cows are ya keeping here, geezer? I hear they have big udders, If ya know what I mean.” The sound of laughter from a dimwit rattled Cowcow’s ears through the walls, “Tell me, where can I find these… cows?”

“You’re nothing but younglings with horns far below your heads!” An old man’s voice spat, “My farm has nothing of the sorts that you have in mind. Either way, a woman’s breast only produces milk for babies, not filthy rats like yourselves!”

“Ah, shut up and spill the beans for us before we waste our time!” A harsh slap was heard, followed by a thud and a rusty grunt and some minor wheezing, “Listen to him, he sound like he be smoking too much leaf, amirite?” Another dimwitted laugh followed what Cowcow assumed was the leader’s remark. That being said, Cowcow found enough reason to intervene. On the wall of the shack that he hid in was a filleting knife for cutting slices of beef for the market. Now armed, he snuck through one of the windows that was partially opened for ventilation, crouching as he looked around the corner, where the bandits could be seen clear as a candle-lit night.

“I only have so long to live. Go on! Give me your worst!” The old man was a lanky, heavily bearded fellow with raggedy clothes and a bloodshot determination in his eyes that of avoiding fear. The bandits only laughed, striking him once more, making him heave and hack blood from his mouth as he crawled away like a spooked cockroach after the rock it was hiding under was lifted. Cowcow couldn’t waste any more time watching his old man being abused as he approached them with the knife held out in front of him with hold hands grasping the handle, shaking.

“Oh look, we have ourselves a visitor!” The leader announced to literally three people if the property wasn’t considered a person listening, “Think you can take us on with that little butter knife, do ya? Oh, what am I kidding? You’re too poor to own one!” The leader’s raspy cackle was followed by the same dimwitted laugh that Cowcow heard a few times before, “Well, if you’ve been snooping around, I reckon you shouldn’t be alive to tell anyone of what happened here,” The leader reached into his robe made of rags and pulled out a machete the size of his arm, “Well, ya little snooper, if ya manage to not be skinned and filleted for the market by daylight, I’ll give ya this.”

“I’m not afraid of you…” Cowcow muttered with frustration as if the words were puffing out like steam in a teapot.

“I beg your pardon?” The leader slowly started walking towards Cowcow with his machete dragging along the ground, accompanied by more dimwitted laughter by the other bandit, “If I’m not mistaken, you’re holding a knife smaller than a dagger with two hands and you’re shaking. Are you sure you’re not scared?” The leader lifted the machete up above his head as he grabbed the hilt with his other hand, preparing for a downward slice.

“I’M NOT AFRAID!” Cowcow squinted, turning the knife sideways as the machete struck it from above, for which the impact knocked him onto his butt.

“No!” The old man held a hand out, which was all he could do, “...son…”

“Ah, yes, I remember you now.” The leader snarked with sneering eyes, “The son of the dairy farmer, the one so named Cowcow… such a funny name. I’d have thought I’d enjoy some good old butt meat from this farm of cows, but even at the clash of blades, the one named Cowcow gets knocked onto his own!” More laughter bellowed, which made Cowcow lunge to meet the leader’s blade once more.

“If you want beef, you’ll get it!” Cowcow gritted his teeth, pushing with a force strong enough to make the leader’s eyes widen. The dimwit saw the moment in his leader’s eyes as a cue to accompany him, rushing to his aid until a hatchet met his temples with forceful momentum as the old man sighed with relief having still had the strength to throw it from the wall he managed to crawl towards.

“You bastard!” the leader spat, struggling to resist Cowcow’s strength, “how can a scrawny dairy farmer like you be stronger than me?!”

“Because I am everything you aren’t!” Cowcow released one hand from the handle of his knife to grab the wrist of the leader, releasing the contact between the blades to thrust the knife into the leader’s throat like hot butter. The leader began to shout in gargles as blood sprayed from his neck, covering its surroundings in red like a painter walking in desperation towards his or her own demise. Soon, the leader of the two bandits joined his companion, who lied with the same fate still with the hatchet rammed into his head.

“Well old man, we did it!” Cowcow boasted with a sigh of relief, only to look over to see the old man hacking more blood on the floor, “Old man!”

“My boy…” he groaned with a raspy voice, coughing more, “You’ve grown…”

“Damn it, old man, tell me this isn’t another joke…” Cowcow began to choke up as he watched his old man try to creep in a slow smirk.

“I’m no ordinary old man, my boy… I’ve made peace with my gods…”

“Gods? You mean the dairy gods that you always told me about? The ones that bless us with good milk?” Tears fell down Cowcow’s cheeks.

“No, not those gods, but the ones that created them,” the old man told, “the ones that created the You must pursue greater things. You have the strength to fight those who oppose the ones you love…” The man’s voice grew weaker with every word as he grew lighter in Cowcow’s arms, “You must go to the Shrine of Reps. It will give you the strength you need to earn your place in the Admin’s Throne…”

“Admin’s Throne…” Cowcow repeated under his breath, “but old man, I’m not…”

“You are, my boy,” the old man drew his final breath, “You are… ready…” At last, the old man exhaled to where he could no longer exhale any longer, and collapsed. Cowcow grew weak, but he laid down the old man as gently as he could before he nearly collapsed himself in grief. However, tears were not an option, for he raised his head to look onto the horizon, where his future laid ahead.

“Don’t worry, old man!” he bellowed with manly tears, “I’ll find the Alter of Reps. I will become the next Admin!”

OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT

[spoiler=ahem]

Okay wow I didn't think I'd appear like this. I figured I'd be involved with cows but then suddenly that, omg, that was quite the reveal you did thar, er, there, Thar....anyway.

"Manly tears" You're damn right. XD

Fighting wasn't super descriptive but it worked.

Well that was fun.

OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT

[spoiler=ahem]

Okay wow I didn't think I'd appear like this. I figured I'd be involved with cows but then suddenly that, omg, that was quite the reveal you did thar, er, there, Thar....anyway.

"Manly tears" You're damn right. XD

Fighting wasn't super descriptive but it worked.

Well that was fun.

This was kinda my stride back into descriptive action scenes, so the writing may have been minimal, but hopefully sensible.

Glad you enjoyed it, though.

Ha! That was great, CowCow should be a fun character to follow in this. I dunno how he'll earn a right to the throne if he doesn't have special blood or anything, but it's possible the Admin's Throne has different requirements. That, and it's still possible for him to go from nobody to somebody like Daenarys did.

I have to admit though, I laughed while CowCow's dad was dying because of that dairy gods line.

Archived