Game of Forums (PG-16+)

Thar

[spoiler=6 - The Plane of Darkness *1377 words*]It was like a walk of shame for the man who confronted Black. The wound from the halberd stained his shirt with blood as he limped down the stone road towards the arch that bannered the stronghold. On both sides of the road, several civilians and guards watched in pity, which only made the man groan in frustration.

“Damn it…” he grunted, tightening his grip on his wound, “Why can’t I just be stronger? This is bullshit!”

“You’re so stupid, you know that?” A voice was heard amongst the onlookers, making the man grit his teeth, “You actually think you stand a chance against Black?”

“funk you!” The man shouted angerly, only making the voice laugh.

“Oh Maxxion, you never change,” the source of the voice emerged from anonomosity.

“Ugh, I’d recognize that tone anywhere, Daemon.”

“I’m flattered,” Daemon boasted, albeit not as himself, “being recognized even in someone else’s body makes me feel like an anomaly. Even the idea of being ‘inside someone’ is enough to make it all worth it.”

“The hell do you want?” Maxxion growled, “I’ve already been humiliated enough.”

“I assure you, I mean no further humiliation, though I’m tempted,” Daemon chuckled, “but no, I don’t wish to do so. I actually want to help you.”

“How the funk can you help me? Why would you even want to help me anyway?”

“Calm down, boy. This is why I of all people am approaching you right now. As of now, you have no other option. The wound is enough to make you bleed to death within a matter of hours, and no one is coming to your aid.”

“Get to the funking point.”

“Gladly. Meet me at the far reaches of the mountains where the forest ends. There’s a cave there. Enter it, and we’ll take it from there.”

“Why do I get the feeling you’re implying you want me to-”

“Oh my, Maxxy, you dirty boy,” Daemon laughed, “Just meet me at the cave.”

“But what about the walkers?”

“They’ll be dealt with. Enough chit chat, you’re only wasting the limited time you have to live.” With Daemon’s last words to Maxxion, the civilian who acted as him stood in bewilderment as he did not remember being where he stood. He looked around, almost panicking, and not even acknowledging Maxxion as he stood hunched over bleeding out.

“That guy…” he grunted as the pain in his side got worse, “I guess I have no choice.”

-----

“Dae, tell me you’re not possessing someone right now,” Daemon found himself back at the table where the royal council took place, seeing the Hand glaring at him with eyes of steel. He took a second to adjust to his own body again, sitting up at the table like a professional.

“My apologies,” Daemon said with a slightly embarrassed confidence, “Did I miss anything?”

“I take it you were, then,” the Hand, known by the counsel as Elzy, sighed in frustration with gritted teeth, “What are you up to this time? You’ve been suspected of causing trouble for the royal family in the past, let’s not let it happen again.”

“I give you my word that I am not up to anything that would trouble the royal family in any way.”

“Let’s hope so.” Elzy readjusted to address the rest of the counsel, “Now then, will someone be willing to fill Dae in on what we’ve been discussing since he dozed off?”

Daemon cringed, “You know I hate that nickname.”

“Daemon, we were just discussing the disappearance of the Watcher, YCMaker,” Daemon looked where the voice came from, which was none other than Mugen, the head of the Department of Points, “I argued that the effort to search for him would be quite the debt for the crown, but I’m sure we all would like to hear your opinion on the matter.” The counsel all had their eyes set on Daemon, who only looked around without moving his head nor changing his firm expression.

“You flatter me,” Daemon chuckled, “I see no reason to consider it unreasonable. After all, the Royal Bank has plenty of debt towards the crown as it is, which we have been regularly contributing towards in moderation for quite some time, so why worry about the financial crisis?”

“Because, Daemon,” Mugen sighed, “A debt is not something to be ignored. You may be paying towards it every so often, but in the long run, the Royal Bank remains empty of net value. Any further loans would deem the bank useless and cause the entire kingdom to undergo a state of bankruptcy. Properties would be demolished for raw material to be stored where it cannot be bought. Civilians would be thrown out to survive without homes and food.”

“All the more reason to find him and restore order to this kingdom,” Daemon rested his chin on both hands which were hoisted by each arm with their respective elbows resting on the table, eyeing everyone at the table alternatively, “In fact, I know something that would make things easier. You might not have noticed, but I’ve noticed that the Watcher has grown quite interested in the Forest of Exilium lately.”

“The Forest of Exilium?!” Elzy stood up abruptly, causing his chair to fall backwards, “You don’t mean…”

“He has looked rather flustered about the execution of Crab,” said Frunk, the Military General, “I’ve seen him looking at the dark horizon often.”

“Preposterous!” Elzy spat, “Nobody has any reason to feel anything for Crab!”

“Oh, but I do,” Daemon’s eyes shifted to look at Elzy’s frustrated expression, for which only provoked him.

“Dae, you better be funking joking with me, and even then, you better know I’m not in the mood!”

“Oh relax, remember your anger issues,” Daemon focused on the rest of the counsel, “What we all assume of the Watcher’s actions contributes to our ultimate goal of finding him, which is only beneficial to us in this potential crisis. I have a plan to bring him back, but I need your cooperation, all of you. As you may have noticed, I channeled my way into someone residing in TCG, where a common man has tried to take on Black.”

“Black?!” Elzy thundered, “You mean the only person who stands a chance against the threat of the dwellers? How the hell can one stand up to him? Even I wouldn’t dare to do that!”

“Well then, let’s just hope he doesn’t want to become the new Hand,” Daemon laughed, making Elzy grunt in frustration, “Nonetheless, I plan to guide this common man in becoming the gateway to us finding YCMaker.”

“But we already know where he is,” Frunk stated, “Why not just conduct a search party?”

“Cause I know what resides in that forest, and I know that he’s long gone from this world,” Daemon’s words caused the entire room to gasp in shock.

“You mean to say that the Watcher is dead?!!” Elzy slammed his fist on the table, cracking it halfway across the length, “You sheet! What use is this information if we can’t even bring him back alive?! Damn you, Daemon!”

“You know nothing about what isn’t this world,” Daemon’s expression went from sassy to serious, “YCMaker is dead, but he is part of the Forest of Exilium. You may have heard stories of the demons that dwell within it.”

“He’s right,” Frunk stood, “That forest is cursed with the lost souls of those we’ve sent to it. I’ve heard the trees whisper with the voices of exiles, and among them are wandering silhouettes that reap the bodies of anyone who wanders into it, or worse… I’ve also heard that people who even wander near it are captured and bound to the cursed grounds to be consumed.”

“Precisely,” Daemon confirmed, “You see, Elzy, knowing YCMaker’s position before his disappearance, it only makes sense that he still exists, just in another plane of existence.”

“And what is it that you plan to do in that case?” Elzy sighed with a hint of sarcastic intrigue, “Enlighten me.”

Daemon smiled, “We’re going to call upon the help of someone, or something, who lives within a rip in the universe from this plane of darkness. We must get help from the Shadow of Thar.”

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=you cheeky bastard]

"The Shadow of Thar"

Did you intent for the readers to bust out laughing at that? Because I sure did.

[spoiler=:3]I've been thinking about the character long before Game of Forums, so I figured I'd introduce him here as a portrayal of me.

[spoiler=Ayyyyy]

Maxxion hey? That's wonderful. XD And wow Dae is plotting plots I see....And I love that you threw yourself in there in that way, that's a fun way of doing it. :3

Sheesh Black is such a badass here. :o

By the way. Who's Elzy?

[spoiler=eyyy]Elzy = LZ = Legend Zero.

[spoiler=A]

*facepalms* I should have guessed that, wow, I derped hardcore there. Nice one. :3

Oooh btw, I think you called them walkers earlier, with Maxxion, is that what you meant or is it supposed to be dwellers?

[spoiler=canadian]They're interchangeable, really. When it comes to the common folk, rumors call it different things.

[spoiler=A]

*facepalms* I should have guessed that, wow, I derped hardcore there. Nice one. :3

Oooh btw, I think you called them walkers earlier, with Maxxion, is that what you meant or is it supposed to be dwellers?

[spoiler=b]It's ok I didn't figure it out either. I was really caught off guard by the Shadow of Thar at the end though, that was really good. What really surprised me was that the nameless mook came back, never would've expected he would've been Maxxion

Huh, LZ seems more wound up than usual.

I like how Daemon's turning out to be like this universe's Littlefinger, I want to see more shenanigans from him.

[spoiler=funny thing is]I realized as I was writing that I practically swapped LZ's and Frunk's personalities, but I was like "eh, why not?"

• 8 months later...

Sorry it took so long.

[spoiler=7 - Celestial Purgatory *1733 words*]

I don't know how to do an April Fool's joke

• 2 weeks later...

Archived