Actually 'removing from play', not banishing?

Htamret

Question

So for the card set I'm currently making, I want to be able to remove some cards from the game. Banishing doesn't work, because as far as I can tell, some cards can bring banished cards back into play, while others benefit from banished cards. Is there a way from fully removing them from the game completely as if they no longer exist? I'm positive that this set will have to go into the 'Experimental' section, so any funny wording that doesn't fit with the OCG that is probably necessary is okay.

Thanks!

~TaintedMythos

9 answers to this question

Given your situation, we might have to introduce a new mechanic to do it.

It's not like Decks have pioneered new ones (see Sylvans and "excavate").

Or as you say, the banished cards aren't going to count towards the increment/decrement of stats and other business.

----------

Actually, it is probably better if we try a new mechanic (although yes, it will need to go into Experimental). 

In a way, it is like banishing, but they don't affect anything and cannot be revived.

You can opt to use Gadjiltron's suggested name for it, or figure out something else that fits.

I see this post literally the moment I published the card set TT_TT. Thanks anyway, if I'm ever bothered to I might edit the cards. It would certainly streamline them in the same way 'banish' replacing 'remove from play' did.

Why not try a new keyword? Like "exile". Oh, wait...

What's wrong with exile? Is it used by any card(s)?

Anyway, if you want to see it, here's the link: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337637-ancient-infernal-lichs-might/

Yes, Necroface will bounce any banished cards upon summon, so even if you banish the card face-down, it'll still go back to the Deck otherwise.

You can try giving it a clause like "This banished card cannot be returned to the Deck or hand or placed on the field."

That should get around the loophole Necroface causes with it bouncing stuff away, and keeps the monster banished.

Thanks everyone, but that only half solves my problem. The other thing is that some cards increase Attack and/or Defense based on the number of banished cards. I guess I could say something like "The banished cards do not affect other card's effects" or something. I could implement a whole new zone, like this pendulum zone thing that seems to have popped up ^^

I'm kind of torn between doing that and just dealing with it. The only problem is the fact that the way this set plays out, bringing banished (used up) cards back would break it, since they get swapped out with tokens that function similar to Xyz Material. The reason that I'm not using a straight up Xyz Monster is because it gets Ritual Summoned, and from what I can tell Xyz monsters that don't get Xyz summoned aren't happy. I'm trying to make a full starter deck so it'll take some time to have everything done, but hopefully I can get it done soon enough that this thread is still relatively fresh. Don't want to have to necropost or anything now d:

Given your situation, we might have to introduce a new mechanic to do it.

It's not like Decks have pioneered new ones (see Sylvans and "excavate").

Or as you say, the banished cards aren't going to count towards the increment/decrement of stats and other business.

----------

Actually, it is probably better if we try a new mechanic (although yes, it will need to go into Experimental). 

In a way, it is like banishing, but they don't affect anything and cannot be revived.

You can opt to use Gadjiltron's suggested name for it, or figure out something else that fits.

Archived