Newfound Power 2! Powersink Archetype!

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples! Welcome to my second Newfound Power thread! If you wish to see the first one, it's here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/336083-newfound-power-soothslayer-archetype/?do=findComment&comment=6650234

Anyway, this time around, I'm playing with the card "Powersink Stone". Enjoy!

Powersink Isle

Field Spell

If a level 4 or lower monster is Summoned, place 1 "Spellstone Counter" on this card. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 1 "Spellstone Counter" from this card instead. "Powersink" monsters you control gain 100 ATK and DEF for each "Spellstone Counter" on this card.

Powersink Supplier

WIND ****

Rock/Effect

During either player's Standby Phase, you can increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by 400; then, you can place 1 "Spellstone Counter" on a card you control. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to draw 1 card.

700/2200

Powersink Grappler

WIND ***

Rock/Tuner/Effect

During either player's Standby Phase, you can discard 1 card; set 1 "Powersink" spell or trap from your Deck to your side of the field. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to change the battle position of all monsters your opponent controls.

600/1900

Powersink Shot

WIND ****

Rock/Effect

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, place 1 "Spellstone Counter" on a card you control. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can inflict 200 damage to their life points, then place 1 "Spellstone Counter" on a card you control. This card's effects cannot be negated by a card you control.

1800/800

Powersink Gatling

WIND ***

Rock/Tuner/Effect

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, add 1 "Powersink" card from your Deck to your Hand. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can target 1 continuous spell or trap card you control and 2 cards your opponent controls, destroy them. This card's effects cannot be negated by a card you control.

1500/400

Powersink Pipeline

Continuous Spell

Decrease the ATK and DEF of your opponent's monsters by 200 for every "Powersink" monster you control. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can target 1 "Powersink" monster in your Graveyard or removed from play; special summon it.

I'm probably gonna throw in a Synchro as well, but not right now.

Basically, the premise behind this is to quickly stack "Spellstone Counters" on Powersink Stone during your opponent's turn so that their monster effects will be negated as you build up attack strength for your own assault.

hey man its been along time sincei have been on hear but i am still working out kinks with that "shadowkeeper" archtype, anyways the idea seems cool, but just a little slow especailly for what seems to be a helmet kind of deck

other than that maybe add some swarm ability to them, not alot, maye like you gain an additional normal summon if you have x numebr of counter on the field.

Hm! Thanks Lazer, I'll keep that in mind, but as you noticed, it is kinda meant to be a slower, grindier archetype with a lockdown mentality. Of course, if the Deck doesn't have the speed to get the lock started to begin with... Well, suffice it to say, I understand your point about swarm-ability and I'll take that into account. Thanks, again!

Archived