Best Dark Scorpion ever! Dark Scorpion Base of Operations!

Ascension115

First off, an OCG fix

All "Dark Scorpion" monsters gain 500 ATK and 1000 DEF. "Dark Scorpion" monsters you control can activate their effects once during your Main Phase 1 as if the conditions have been met. Your opponent cannot target "Dark Scorpion" monsters you control for card effects.

Alright, I can see where this can be good, but there is no way that just this card could make Scorps competitive. with the current meta, sending things to grave is useless to you and very good for the opponent. But, this card does help with getting their effs off since they can be a bit difficult to get off without help. Though the boost isn't major, it helps a little bit for their survivability, and the anti-targeting clause is nice. However, what they need is more ways to swarm the field faster and get more direct attacks off. This card does help them, but not in the way they need it. Also, Don Zaloog is not considered a Dark Scorp iirc. Perhaps you'd want to include him in the effect of base?

Thanks for the reply and the fix Aquatic Ether Zerpant! But i did a lot of research on this archetype and they all don't just send cards to the grave. For some examples, Meanae the Thorn adds "Dark Scorpion" cards from the deck or grave to your hand, Gorg the Strong return monsters to the top of the Deck and they do have a swarm card, Mustering of the Dark Scorpions can Special Summon any number of "Dark Scorpion" the hand, but only 1 copy of each. The reason why i didn't include Don Zaloog is because i made a separate card for him and if i did add him to Base of Operations that means you'd be able to discard 1 card from your opponent's hand then then do some damage and do it again. 

Archived