Steven Universe

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen Sage-dude, I didn't come here to get into a social justice debate alright?  I was referring to feminine as in body types and voice.  Sure Jasper is a more masculine gem, but if I were to have to guess a distinct gender, it'd be female.  I would also argue that Garnet is fairly feminine, being made of Ruby and Sapphire's relationship.  

So just say their depictions as female. But, whatever, I apologize for going off on a small rant over that.

I might've talked down to kids, but they don't take it as seriously as we do.  To them it's just normal.  Whatever. 

Yeah they don't look deeper into things than adults do, that's why it doesn't bother them.

But did he really have to do the whole dress, shoes, and make-up thing.  Could've just gone out as regular Steven Universe and sang Sadie's song.  It was just kind of cringey is all.  

Hey I'll admit I cringed as well for my initial reaction before laughing and shaking my head, literally going, "Oh c'mon Steven! You didn't have to wear the dress y'know?"

But Broken pretty much hit the nail on the head with his response.

No, this is the actual SU theme song:

LE VIDEO

tumblr_nlmvcabXTr1u9bhcro1_500.jpg

Seriously bro?

I really want to see more pertaining to Lapis Lazuli when the show returns.

Oh I'm certain they're going to have more Lapis in the show. I mean we DID leave off with Steven starting to communicate with her and the Crystal Gems trying to find Malachite in the sea.

Lapis is my favorite too. Control over water is best power. 

Well, what over powers have actually been shown?

Garnet- future sight

Sapphire- future sight

Ruby- fire control

Lapis Lazuli- water control

Steven- plant control, healing tears spit, shield generation

I don't think Pearl, Amethyst, Jasper, or Peridot have shown what kind of power(s) they have.

9d411df5bff2760f4e59f940f0fb021b.jpg

Kinda surprised no one commented on my Gemsona. Kinda sad now (TT_TT)

Alright everyone, new question:

Favorite Gem/Character?

I don't think Pearl, Amethyst, Jasper, or Peridot have shown what kind of power(s) they have.

Well, I don't know if it's a power, but Jasper and Amethyst can do spindash attacks since they're supposed to be the same type of super offensive gem.

As for pearl, maybe they weren't meant to have powers since they were meant to be a subservient gem?  No idea what Peridot can do.

Favorite character so far is Greg Universe.  Dude reminds me too much of my dad...he's totally rad in the same way too.  Most tear-jerkers i've had have been with scenes involving him.   

So is there actually any reason behind why all Gems just take feminine forms? You'd think that since there was apparently so many of them and since they're basically immortal there would be a few who prefer different forms. Especially considering how much significance some Gems place on power and combat.

So is there actually any reason behind why all Gems just take feminine forms? You'd think that since there was apparently so many of them and since they're basically immortal there would be a few who prefer different forms. Especially considering how much significance some Gems place on power and combat.

So far there has been absolutely no reason given to why Gems take female forms. Which is why people can make Male Gems without anyone really saying, "That's not canon!" and be taken seriously.

I suppose it's because their highest authorities, the Diamonds, decided to chose female forms and so to them that is the pinnacle of power/combat/intelligence/etc.

You propsed OCs in the MLP thread, and attacked everyone who didn't praise yours(even those who also made OCs), and now you are doing it in this thread.

...Yet, you claim I'M the ego one?

No offence, Jake, but OCs only honestly make sense in either Roleplays that accept them or if the subject matter of the entire thread/game/etc is strictly OCs. Outside of that, they are just painful to look at. Why? Because everyone has there own definiton of what how and what an OC should be, and it's typically very destinct from one another. This is why OCs will only honestly make sense to the person in question who makes them. Me? I don't like edgy ones and/or ones that are basically copy+paste of existing characters. So by all means, please continue to post more cringeowrthy edgelords. Just don't expect me to take them seriously.

Arm I get the feeling you took offense to my comment about your post.

I asked a legit question.

You posted a picture as a joke. I made a joke back.

You propsed OCs in the MLP thread, and attacked everyone who didn't praise yours(even those who also made OCs), and now you are doing it in this thread.
...Yet, you claim I'M the ego one?

I don't believe I've ever attacked anyone who hasn't praised a character I've created. Maybe joked that I've posted it and everyone ignored it, but that's more because I want to hear honest opinions.

In fact I've even said I LIKED Oob's OC. I think it's cool. Everyone does Gems and he does an animal. That's something I haven't seen someone do and, honestly, the artwork is very good.

Outside of that, they are just painful to look at. Why? Because everyone has there own definiton of what how and what an OC should be, and it's typically very distinct from one another. 

No kidding. You mean people can have different opinions?[/sarcasm]

but you pretty much know what's up.  Terrible try after terrible try, CN finally made another good cartoon.  

Well, I dunno if you count'em but I think the following are good shows:

Adventure Time

We Bare Bears

The Loony Toons Shows

That's four, counting Steven Universe, that are worth watching.

Y'know, I like the songs, but I've never bothered to listen to the background music. I'mma go do that . . . . . and relisten to Garnet's song for the umptenth time.

Precisely to break down the stereotype of your last point. Rebecca Sugar's very vocal about the fact that the show is there to challenge the gender norms presented by conventional children 's television. She wants to move past the ideas of having radically different shows for either young girls and young boys.

Precisely to break down the stereotype of your last point. Rebecca Sugar's very vocal about the fact that the show is there to challenge the gender norms presented by conventional children 's television. She wants to move past the ideas of having radically different shows for either young girls and young boys.

I'm aware of that, but I still find it a bit odd from a logical standpoint. You'd assume that the Gems would take on more aggressive and combat built forms instead of the more delicate forms that some seem to have. Maybe some of the forms they take puts strain on them so they decide to stick to a more comfortable and smaller form. Another possibility is that their may be a limit as to what extant and duration a Gem can change shape and form.

Its possible all Gems are a descendant of Rose, in some manner. Or whoever the main Gem was on Homeworld. So the rest being Female is understandable, when you can seemingly make exact duplicates of Gems; Evidenced by Pearl and Amethyst.

I think the main Gems are actually the Diamonds as referenced throughout the show, and I doubt other Gems are descendants of them. Gem's are created similar to how normal Gems are formed; it's pretty interesting.

Archived