Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine

300px-BarbaroidtheUltimateBattleMachine-

5 Machine-Type "roid" monsters
This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase. This card cannot attack your opponent directly. After damage calculation, if this card attacked an opponent's monster: Negate the effects of that monster (including in the Graveyard). If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Towers out for roids? lol 

Anyway, I wish this card did piercing Battle Damage, and/or had a protection effect. At least it's not a nomi.
Discuss.

Only really seen this used effectively in Cybers, though getting a 8000 beater out with Power Bond then give it piercing with Big Bang Shot or something sounds fun. The effect negation and burn are nice.

That sounds cool. Tbh though I think this would be really playable if roids got a Miracle Fusion (or something similar, such as Teleportroid I made for DP) as the biggest downside is the massive cost involved in summoning it. Expressroid helps, but it still leaves you with only 3 of the materials out of 5. There are several times when I ALMOST could have summoned this, but were just 1 card off or so.

That sounds cool. Tbh though I think this would be really playable if roids got a Miracle Fusion (or something similar, such as Teleportroid I made for DP) as the biggest downside is the massive cost involved in summoning it. Expressroid helps, but it still leaves you with only 3 of the materials out of 5. There are several times when I ALMOST could have summoned this, but were just 1 card off or so.

You could use Cybernetic Fusion Support, but you could die if you use Power Bond with no way to recover you life. You could tech some tuners for Thought Ruler to help regain you life but the deck would be gimmicky.

You could use Cybernetic Fusion Support, but you could die if you use Power Bond with no way to recover you life. You could tech some tuners for Thought Ruler to help regain you life but the deck would be gimmicky.

That's a pretty cool idea TBH, I don't mind a gimmicky deck. There is also that Chain Material + Vehicroid Connection Zone combo, just a shame you can't summon this with it...

I miss when going -5 to summon this wasn't a bad thing (and future fusion as well)

Was it ether a good thing though? This card was first released in the OCG in 2010 and in the TCG in 2012/2013. And roids have always had to compete with Cyber Dragons, which were released in the same pack. IDK when Future Fusion was banned though, so I might be wrong.

Summoning this off of Power Bond + Cybernetic Fusion Support then activating Limiter Removal gives you a 16000 double attacker which inflicts 1000 burn and negates the effects of the monsters it destroys. Then activatin Trap Stun or something to prevent your opponents back row along with something which gives it piercing, or switch you opponents monsters to attack position does equal for some large damage.

...Oooooooorrrr you can just summon this off Cyber Dragon Nova.

...Oooooooorrrr you can just summon this off Cyber Dragon Nova.

True, it is the most efficient way of getting it out, and can still boost to 8000. I would run this in my own Cyber deck but I rarely get to use Nova's fusion effect, either because I just go into Infinity or just OTK with Rampage and Twin, and occasionally End. If the card had something other than the burn or negation I might use it but the double attack is what I have mainly seen it used for.

Archived