Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest

GreenBaboonDefenderoftheForest-LCYW-EN-C

Yup. I now have 2600 posts, so I decided to bring up one of my favorite monsters in the game. Fun fact: this card is broke to sheet. Especially when things such as Super Rush Recklessly and Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefarious are taken. Now, it does not trigger during the damage step, so it can't summon itself when a monster is destroyed by battle, but that really only holds it back so far. Cards like Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute, Scrap Dragon, hell. even Needle Ceiling get a lot better when you have a (nearly) free 2600 beater on top of the destruction. Additionally, it doesn't even have a hard OPT, meaning two of these can be looped together easily at a cost of 1000 life points per summon. This card is ridiculously powerful, and is simply held back by lack of a place it can be utilized.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which means it's a bad card. It's a conditionally self-summoning level 7. That's all. Seriously. It's bad.

What he is trying to say is that some cards are powerful, but they don't have what they need to do what they want to do. That is what this is really. Just a bomb waiting to tick. This was the case with Releaser and Preparation of Rites before Nekroz, now look at them. Similar points in this. If this cards gets a way to send itself effectively, it becomes scary. If this card gets a buddy that is actually good somehow, this becomes a potential behemoth. It's one mistake from Konami from becoming nuts.

What he is trying to say is that some cards are powerful, but they don't have what they need to do what they want to do. That is what this is really. Just a bomb waiting to tick. This was the case with Releaser and Preparation of Rites before Nekroz, now look at them. Similar points in this. If this cards gets a way to send itself effectively, it becomes scary. If this card gets a buddy that is actually good somehow, this becomes a potential behemoth. It's one mistake from Konami from becoming nuts.

Difference is that Preparation was a +1 that both searched and recycled things, and Djinn was a floodgate on legs. This is nothing but a Synchro/Xyz fodder or a beatstick.

Which means it's a bad card. It's a conditionally self-summoning level 7. That's all. Seriously. It's bad.

Giga is actually more on point then you could imagine. I actually experienced myself what happens when you give this thing proper support, which Giga would be happy to discuss with you on, and damn is it nuts. Lest I remind you that it is pretty much a Dragon Ruler in the sense that it is a recuurrable huge beater that has the potential to go into R7s and Synchro 8s somewhat effortlessly. Super Rush is the same case that such card is absolutely dumb, but it and its best friend Baboon lack synergy for now. It's a bomb that could explode at any minute Konami decided to lose their mind, but nah, it's just Synchro/Xyz fodder right? Have a good day lad!

TidalDragonRulerofWaterfalls-CT10-EN-ScR

Your point?

This guy gets it!!!

Once again: if you think Rulers were broken as s*** ONLY because they were self-reccuring, then something's not right here.

That's not what we are saying at all. The Rulers are on a whole other level, but let's be real. The Rulers being huge recuurrable beaters (Keyword HUGE) that triggered other stuff is what is in common with this guy. (Though it's the other way around in that this guy triggers off of a lot of crazy bs) Plus unlike the Rulers, this guy has its own personal Monster Reborn

There's a reason why I posted Tidal, since it's the only one that's really consistently recurring. If there's a deck that can get so many WATERs in grave that you can summon it literally every turn I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there'll be a deck that can pop a Beast every turn.

That's not what we are saying at all. The Rulers are on a whole other level, but let's be real. The Rulers being huge recuurrable beaters (Keyword HUGE) that triggered other stuff is what is in common with this guy. (Though it's the other way around in that this guy triggers off of a lot of crazy bs) Plus unlike the Rulers, this guy has its own personal Monster Reborn

Then using a Ruler as an argument for this card being good is kinda stupid. And that's exactly why Rulers were broken but not this: Rulers were recurring beaters that ENABLED things by banishing other copies of themselves, Eclipse Wyvern and whatnot. This is a recurring beater that NEEDS TO BE ENABLED. That's a completly different type of a card.

There's a reason why I posted Tidal, since it's the only one that's really consistently recurring. If there's a deck that can get so many WATERs in grave that you can summon it literally every turn I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there'll be a deck that can pop a Beast every turn.

Sure, but let me state it again: Who the funk ran Rulers becaues they were recurring beatsticks, as opposed to them having 1. Retarded Dragon support 2. Enabling plays with themselves, Eclipse Wyvern etc. 3. Having spell-like effects from hand 4. searching other copies of themselves?

Sorry guys but you're literally grasping at straws here. Yes, if we get a broken Beast-type archetype one day, maybe this guy will be good. GOOD. Not broken. Because at core, it's a recurring beatstick/Xyz or Synchro fodder that enables nothing himself, unlike Rulers. If we go by this logic, Machina Fortress is broken as sheet because it's recurring too but has extra effects, is proactive as opposed to reactive since you can summon it on-demand so long you have discard fodder for it.

Is Machina Fortress broken? It wasn't broken even when Machinas were good last time I checked. It was a very good card, but it wasn't broken. Because all it was, was a recurring beatstick. That's all. Same for this card.

I think this best explains my point. Mermail running Tidal basically was for having a recuurrable R7 fodder that practically never died and had a huge stat line. The Foolish was nice, but it still would have been run on the rest of its merit.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there'll be a deck that can pop a Beast every turn.

Giga would tell you all about it

Sorry guys but you're literally grasping at straws here. Yes, if we get a broken Beast-type archetype one day, maybe this guy will be good. GOOD. Not broken. Because at core, it's a recurring beatstick/Xyz or Synchro fodder that enables nothing himself, unlike Rulers. If we go by this logic, Machina Fortress is broken as s*** because it's recurring too but has extra effects, is proactive as opposed to reactive since you can summon it on-demand so long you have discard fodder for it.

Is Machina Fortress broken? It wasn't broken even when Machinas were good last time I checked. It was a very good card, but it wasn't broken. Because all it was, was a recurring beatstick. That's all. Same for this card.

Machina Fortress is super costly though, it makes you discard from the hand and therefore you lose out on resources. With Tidal and Baboon, you aren't really using any real resources to bring them out, which is why they are the way they are

Let me state it the LAST TIME:

Machina Fortress was good because it was SELF-SUMMONING. As in you didn't need outside enablers to summon it, just fodder. Same for Tidal, Redox, Tempest and Blaster.

This card is NOT self-summoning in that way. You need Baboon AND fodder for it AND an outside enabler. Baboon's also a complete vanilla, unlike Rulers or Fortress was.

This card is nowhere comparable to Machina Fortress or Dragon Rulers and never will be. You can keep deluding yourselves. Don't get me started on the fact Beasts have shittier support than Dragons or Machines.

Giga's wrong, and so are you. I don't know why people are randomly sucking Giga's dick, but sure. brb, gonna make a topic about Possessed Dark Soul in the same manner as this topic

Machina Fortress is super costly though, it makes you discard from the hand and therefore you lose out on resources. With Tidal and Baboon, you aren't really using any real resources to bring them out, which is why they are the way they are

You discard 1 card for it always since he can discard himself from hand as a part of the cost. But the thing is Machina Fortress was GOOD. It also sets up things, like discarding things to be revived with Iron Call or whatever. IT also has actual effects on itself.

Just an interjection, Machina Fortress wasn't good just because it was self-summoning, but because it could also use itself for its own cost if you were originally going to summon it from your hand. That's what made it so amazing since it reduced the effort needed to summon it.

Just an interjection, Machina Fortress wasn't good just because it was self-summoning, but because it could also use itself for its own cost if you were originally going to summon it from your hand. That's what made it so amazing since it reduced the effort needed to summon it.

Yes, but I'm talking about it because it was a good self-reccuring card. It was good to the point, effect wise, that people ran Machina Force SOLELY as Fortress fodder to revive it with a single card.

Sure, but let me state it again: Who the funk ran Rulers becaues they were recurring beatsticks, as opposed to them having 1. Retarded Dragon support 2. Enabling plays with themselves, Eclipse Wyvern etc. 3. Having spell-like effects from hand 4. searching other copies of themselves?

Mermail...

Sure, one deck. But mind refuting my other point about why this is bad and Rulers were good? That Rulers needed only fodder to be summoned, while this needs both fodder AND an extra enabler to boot?

Nothing stopping them getting that. Until like, Substitoad there wasn't any way of getting loads of WATERs in grave, either.

edit: beatstick/extra material was its main use. Interactions with Gunde, mainly, were more of a bonus.

Archived