[Striker][Written] The Monastery in the Sky

The Monastery in the Sky
Field Spell
(This card is always treated as "The Sanctuary in the Sky")
You can only activate the (3) effect of "The Monastery in the Sky" once per turn.
(1) You take no battle damage from battles involving Fairy-Type monsters. (2) When a Fairy-Type Monster is Normal Summoned, Trap Cards cannot be activated." (3) You can discard 1 card to target 1 Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into your Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card.

Fixed perhaps the only flaw that it had, and a major one at that. This is what I intended, but the wording on (2) was missing from my head the time I made it, so yea. Anyway, CnC?

I feel the interactions with Seraphs and the unhealthy possibilities with Hyperion are still quite real in this. You basically get 2 uninterrupted destructions and with Seraphs you recycle Soveriegns and have uninterrupted Scepter plays. As much as the 2nd effect still might be too good, I feel as though the fact that the Seraphs are a thing (For which Sov should be at 1 really victimizes this card in an otherwise fine scenario). However, this is advanced, so I'm not sure as to what to do to work with it and prevent it from doing such without making it really underwhelming

I feel the interactions with Seraphs and the unhealthy possibilities with Hyperion are still quite real in this. You basically get 2 uninterrupted destructions and with Seraphs you recycle Soveriegns and have uninterrupted Scepter plays. As much as the 2nd effect still might be too good, I feel as though the fact that the Seraphs are a thing (For which Sov should be at 1 really victimizes this card in an otherwise fine scenario). However, this is advanced, so I'm not sure as to what to do to work with it and prevent it from doing such without making it really underwhelming

You are going to have to explain a lot of that to me since I am unfamiliar with them. o.o

You are going to have to explain a lot of that to me since I am unfamiliar with them. o.o

You can start by looking up Star Seraph Scepter and Star Seraph Sovereign. These 2 are the main Star Seraph cards, and have been splashed recently in countless Decks, most recently Clownblade. Scepter is Stratos for the archetype, and when used as an Xyz Material for 3 Mat Xyz monster, the Xyz monster gets the effect that on summon it can pop a card on the field and draw 1. Sovereign is a Kagetokage for the archetype, but then it lets you draw 1 card and if that card is a Star Seraph monster you can SS it. The main combo is:

Normal Summon Scepter while you have a Soverign in hand. Sovereign Chain link 1, Scepter Chain link 2

Scepter adds a second Sovereign, Soveriegn #1 hits the field and draws you 1. Soveriegn number 2 then triggers because #1 was dropped, giving you another draw.

You then overlay all 3 monsters you summoned into any 3 Mat Xyz, the safest being Satellarknight Deleteros (Since your opponent cannot respond to its summon) or Tellarknight Ptolemaeus. You then do your pop and draw 1.

All in all, you went +5 with it, and your opponent just sat there and flipped over trying to count your advantage.

In the case of this card, Monastery lets you recycle used up pieces of the combo to get shenanigans going again. You can discard anything too, so you technically could tech 1 in Clownblade to have uninterrupted combos and recycle everything by discarding a dead Tricklown or Thousand Blades. There are other synergies too, but the general reusability and protection from anything that would interrupt your combo is huge

You can start by looking up Star Seraph Scepter and Star Seraph Sovereign. These 2 are the main Star Seraph cards, and have been splashed recently in countless Decks, most recently Clownblade. Scepter is Stratos for the archetype, and when used as an Xyz Material for 3 Mat Xyz monster, the Xyz monster gets the effect that on summon it can pop a card on the field and draw 1. Sovereign is a Kagetokage for the archetype, but then it lets you draw 1 card and if that card is a Star Seraph monster you can SS it. The main combo is:

Normal Summon Scepter while you have a Soverign in hand. Sovereign Chain link 1, Scepter Chain link 2

Scepter adds a second Sovereign, Soveriegn #1 hits the field and draws you 1. Soveriegn number 2 then triggers because #1 was dropped, giving you another draw.

You then overlay all 3 monsters you summoned into any 3 Mat Xyz, the safest being Satellarknight Deleteros (Since your opponent cannot respond to its summon) or Tellarknight Ptolemaeus. You then do your pop and draw 1.

All in all, you went +5 with it, and your opponent just sat there and flipped over trying to count your advantage.

In the case of this card, Monastery lets you recycle used up pieces of the combo to get shenanigans going again. You can discard anything too, so you technically could tech 1 in Clownblade to have uninterrupted combos and recycle everything by discarding a dead Tricklown or Thousand Blades. There are other synergies too, but the general reusability and protection from anything that would interrupt your combo is huge

Damn, and this is one of the reasons why I don't duel much anymore. sheet like this makes it less enjoyable. Thanks for the lesson, and I'll keep this in mind.. XD

Damn, and this is one of the reasons why I don't duel much anymore. s*** like this makes it less enjoyable. Thanks for the lesson, and I'll keep this in mind.. XD

Imagine the OCG, whom have 3 Shock Master and Infinity........ They actually have Sovereign at 1 though because it got way out of hand

But yeah, no problem mate! Glad to educate thy :)

Archived