Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Undertakers (OOC/PG-16/Started/Not Accepting)

- - - - - Fantasy

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

Htamret

Htamret

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 301 posts
    Last Visit Jul 13 2018 09:04 AM

What are the chances of this opening up again for apps? The last VRMMORPG-based RP I joined kind of fell apart and I just found about this through Talim. If you aren't sure I can make as app and have it ready in case you do decide to open it up. Also it's probably the closest thing to a Log Horizon RP I've seen on here which instantly puts this on my priority of RPs to follow.

3760_Coodere.jpg 3960_Hikigaya_Hachiman.jpg

Yep, I'm a cynical bastard. Sorry, I'm sure you'll get used to it.

Check out my new archetype so that this one doesn't die without replies like my last one!
http://forum.yugiohc...read-archetype/

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,536 posts
    Last Visit 20 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

What are the chances of this opening up again for apps? The last VRMMORPG-based RP I joined kind of fell apart and I just found about this through Talim. If you aren't sure I can make as app and have it ready in case you do decide to open it up. Also it's probably the closest thing to a Log Horizon RP I've seen on here which instantly puts this on my priority of RPs to follow.

This is an RP where I like to have frequent shots at expansion. That said, I don't think it'll be immediately or in the next couple weeks based on the pace we've been moving at, but I'll see about keeping you updated. I always leave a post here when we're looking into recruitment, so keep an eye open for more updates on that front if you can wait it out.

Posted Image

Htamret

Htamret

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 301 posts
    Last Visit Jul 13 2018 09:04 AM

Okay, I'll be lurking for any updates!

3760_Coodere.jpg 3960_Hikigaya_Hachiman.jpg

Yep, I'm a cynical bastard. Sorry, I'm sure you'll get used to it.

Check out my new archetype so that this one doesn't die without replies like my last one!
http://forum.yugiohc...read-archetype/

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,536 posts

This OOC bump is sponsed in part by the number zero. When one is just too many.

After talking about it with Keto, I'm implementing something new to the RP to put a heavier emphasis on this being an RP driven by player choices and the consequences I put out. We have the freedom to conquer any nation or town, as always, but from now on I'll give the players a choice before we go in. We can either take the place violently by razing buildings and killing soldiers, or we can do things diplomatically instead; negotiations, perhaps a quest or two, the works. In addition, we'll be keeping track of how many places we take violently as opposed to how many are done peacefully, and will keep these scores on display with a "Violence/Diplomacy Counter" that I'll add to the OPs of the OOC and IC shortly after this post goes up, as well as before & after we take a given town/city/whatever. It's pretty straightforward; take a place by force, and I put a point into Violence, or you do it peacefully and I put a point in Diplomacy. This counter will be important in the long run.

Different people will react to the presence of the Undertakers differently depending on if our Violence or Diplomacy is higher, as well as based on how big the gap is. If you met a known serial killer on the street, I think you'd react differently than if you were speaking to a charming negotiator; same principle here. There may be some allies you can only gain by having a high Violence counter, or maybe a special reward you wouldn't get if you didn't have good Diplomacy. Aside from our interactions with the world, I also want to have this counter affect the plot. Let's use our good "friend" Noel and a hypothetical imaginary barbarian king named Grak as an example. If we get a really high Diplomacy counter and a low Violence counter, people might just think Noel's crazy; he's going on about how the Undertakers are murderous monsters, but they have a reputation as such good people. Grak, on the other hand, would think of us as spineless cowards too afraid to fight, and probably try to fight us along with his fellow barbarians. Inversely, if we went for a high Violence score, Noel will probably be able to rally people to his cause; we've proven that we are monsters who can and will fuck all kinds of shit up. Meanwhile, Grak would know that we mean business, and would not only try to avoid fighting us, but be more susceptible to diplomatic efforts since he knows he can't win by force.

Both paths have options, both will affect nearby and global interactions with the cast, and both will change the plot depending on our actions. We'll be starting with 0 Violence and 0 Diplomacy since all our conquests thus far (all two of them) were before I even thought about implementing such a feature. Additionally, "forced" allies/enemies won't count toward this score. If we kill an epic raid boss that I wouldn't let us get around, or if some band of mercenaries has themselves talked into joining the guild, that won't be a respective point in Violence or Diplomacy since y'all didn't have the choice.

That should be all for this post, so I'm off to add the counters to the OPs. Please present any questions regarding the Violence/Diplomacy system in this thread so that they can be answered in a place where it won't get easily lost under skype chatlogs.

Posted Image

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,536 posts

Due to consistent inactivity problems with posting and a refusal/inability to explain this inactivity, Aix will be removed from his position as co-host as of this post going up. I'll be looking into the possibility of a replacement. In addition, Aix will be given a deadline wherein he must either post in the IC or give me a very good reason that he's unable to do so by the end of Saturday. Failure to meet this deadline will result in his immediate removal from the RP.

Posted Image

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,536 posts

This post comes with two announcements. Firstly, Aix will no longer be participating in this RP; the deadline has been nearly met and we've not heard a peep from him. It's fair to assume we won't hear from him. We'll write Lucifer out of the RP at the earliest convenience.

Secondly, a fight has kicked off against some pirates. Those of you I rounded up forever ago for IC purposes, feel free to hop aboard the Bloody Mary from your ship, go past the fight your crew's having with the skeletons, and get right into the heat with named guild members. However, don't post your apps just yet. Those of you in the Undertakers guild, feel free to come to me with any questions you've got regarding what to do next. Admittedly, I kicked this fight off pretty sloppily.

Posted Image

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Senior Members
  • 9,476 posts
    Last Visit Jul 29 2018 03:18 PM
Jacquotte

^^ may be subject to re-writes. 

eli01.jpg

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,536 posts

At the end of this post will be my pirate app. However, before that, I have something I'd like to say as host.

To put it bluntly, I don't really want to host this RP anymore. But, it seems unfair to just shut the whole thing down purely because of my own lack of enjoyment; as far as I'm aware, the rest of you are having a grand time here, and it's far too selfish of me to cut that off just because I want to. I asked in the Skype chat last night about who was still interested in participating, and while this isn't anybody's top priority by a long shot, everyone says they'll continue to participate if I continue to keep this RP running. So, for verification, I'm asking again in the OOC. Everybody has until the end of Tuesday, September 6th to confirm that they'll still participate by posting in here with their intent to stay. Anyone who posts requesting to be cut loose, or who doesn't post by  the 7th, will be removed from the RP. At that point, I'll weigh it out along with my co-host to see if it's worth still running this RP.

However, before you come in and say "yeah I still want in" I'd like to make a couple things absolutely clear. Harqual is a big world. A very, very big world. If you still want in, I'm expecting you to stick with us until we conquer all of it. If we manage to pull it off, it will most likely take years both in-universe and in real life. An unlabeled map of the entirety of Harqual will be provided below to establish just how big we're talking. If you don't think you'll stick with us for the entire trip, don't bother trying. In addition to the probable length of this RP, I'm going to start cracking down really hard on activity once my next post goes up. Deadlines will extend a bit when given, but there will be no three-strike system; if you can't post in time, better pack your bags or do a really good job convincing me why you couldn't. Currently, the only person I'm forcing to stay here against their will is myself, and I'd like to keep it that way. So, if you're 100% certain you will stay with us for the entire RP, and will want to stay with us that long, please tell me. You'll find both a full - unlabeled - map of Harqual, as well as my pirate app, below.

A world without labels

Shark

Posted Image

Asriel Dreemurr

Asriel Dreemurr

Rage Goat

• Elite Members
  • 1,534 posts
    Last Visit 29 minutes ago

Just confirming that I am interested in sticking around, even though I'm stuck in a somewhat awkward position in terms of posting here.

Tesability Black

Tesability Black

Thunder Dragon Champion

• The Last NetMonster
  • 1,716 posts
    Last Visit

If I wasn't in for the long-haul, I wouldn't be in this to begin with, UnendingEmpire.

I wanna finally get to pull off a high-noon meteor at some point of this RP. >_> <_<

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Senior Members
  • 9,476 posts
    Last Visit Jul 29 2018 03:18 PM

I'm here. I spent too long trying to get into this RP for me to leave

eli01.jpg

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 11,212 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:46 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Right, supposed to say that I'm still around.

More like Mary is still around tbh, she's persistent ;)

8PBUpdp.gif

Admiral_Stalfos19

Admiral_Stalfos19

The smartest undead being since 1989

• Advanced Members
  • 2,345 posts
    Last Visit Jun 02 2017 06:45 PM

sheet, forgot to confirm that my interest was still checked :/

Doing that now before deadline

3DS Friend Code: 4785-4629-0710
^In case ya feel like adding me.

RP's I'm active in (in order of OOC launch)

Posted Image

My very own RWBY RP. I'll always be accepting applicants (on specific conditions, so check the RP itself for more details), so feel free to check it out.
Oh, and the avi? I made it myself :)

Y'shtola

Y'shtola

Though time be against us, hope shall ever be on our side.

• Elite Members
  • 2,322 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:49 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

Oh yeah, forgot I had to post here. I'm still in.

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Topic Starter
  • Jack of All Trades

• 3,536 posts

Just confirming that I am interested in sticking around, even though I'm stuck in a somewhat awkward position in terms of posting here.

If I wasn't in for the long-haul, I wouldn't be in this to begin with, UnendingEmpire.

I wanna finally get to pull off a high-noon meteor at some point of this RP. >_> <_<

I'm here. I spent too long trying to get into this RP for me to leave

Right, supposed to say that I'm still around.

More like Mary is still around tbh, she's persistent ;)

Shit, forgot to confirm that my interest was still checked :/

Doing that now before deadline

Oh yeah, forgot I had to post here. I'm still in.

If I haven't quoted you in this post, consider yourself gone. I'll keep both this thread and the Skype chat updated on our verdict of if it's worth keeping this RP running or not.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users