Azuriena

I should probably say this now, but even if you do post the entire thing in Japanese; English translations do need to be given in the thread itself, so we don't have to be scanning separate threads for stuff. 

This is in the basic rules somewhere. 

In terms of the proper Japanese wording, I can't help you there (where is Darkplant when we need him for translation?)

(As for the fonts, I think someone posted downloads to them in GFX, but they're probably gone by now)

I'll need to give the rules an update, but yeah you should keep the English versions in here as well for comparative reasons.

(Just post the stats/effects and you're fine; no need for the pictures)

I think Gadjiltron has some degree of Japanese knowledge (if I remember him doing so in another thread), so he can give your effects a read-over if needed.

--------

Font-wise, it's DF Leisho or something like that.

I think the links still work, but here's the thread I was referring to: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/308603-fonts-for-yu-gi-oh-card-making-with-multilingual-support/

• 3 weeks later...

The Japanese looks pretty good! (I'm an American who studied Japanese for 4 years in university, including a year-long exchange in Tokyo..) I actually think you're light-years ahead of me when it comes to writing cards in Japanese. Initially, I  wasn't sure why you choose to say 「このカードはその除外したカードの効果を得る」rather than 「このカードはその除外されたカードの効果を得る」for Ethereal Gate, but after checking the Japanese lore for Pseudo Space, it looks like you're right. Having said that, I would still refer to Pseudo Space's lore, since it seems like you have some other inconsistencies (for example, saying ターン終了時まで rather than このターンのエンドフェイス時まで)。

それ以外はよく出来てると思う!諦めずに頑張って下さい〜!

The Japanese looks pretty good! (I'm an American who studied Japanese for 4 years in university, including a year-long exchange in Tokyo..) I actually think you're light-years ahead of me when it comes to writing cards in Japanese. Initially, I  wasn't sure why you choose to say 「このカードはその除外したカードの効果を得る」rather than 「このカードはその除外されたカードの効果を得る」for Ethereal Gate, but after checking the Japanese lore for Pseudo Space, it looks like you're right. Having said that, I would still refer to Pseudo Space's lore, since it seems like you have some other inconsistencies (for example, saying ターン終了時まで rather than このターンのエンドフェイス時まで)。

Any comments you have regarding the cards as a whole.

I don't mind if you talk about any grammatical things in how the Japanese is written out, but just keep that in mind :)

Thank you!

I hadn't thought about it before, but I do think jogaishita is more appropriate as it refers to the card that Gate banished for cost, rather than the card that was banished because of Gate's cost... I'm just blabbering now aren't I. Well if it were, say, a Trigger Effect from a card being banished I think jogaisareta would have been used.

Most TCG cards also said "until the End Phase" (now they say something like "until the end of this turn") until a while ago, so I'm guessing Pseudo Space has old text. I generally only follow examples where they have the numbered effects so I can be sure they're up-to-date.

Archived