Twin-Headed Behemoth

300px-TwinHeadedBehemoth-YSKR-EN-C-1E.pn

Effect:

During the End Phase, if this card was destroyed on the field and sent to the Graveyard this turn: Special Summon it from the Graveyard, and make its ATK and DEF 1000. You can only use the effect of "Twin-Headed Behemoth" once per Duel.

So this card has been pretty much completely power-crept. I've always liked it (mainly for the art), and is there any way this can be useful in the current game?

No reason to run this anymore since everything now banishes\return to hand or deck\attach as xyz materials.

It has been a while since field destruction stopped being relevant, the game only cares for floating effs that can be triggered if sent from anywhere. Also, not to mention that OPD clause...

itt exaggeration

I mean, it's just the oldest Trick Clown. Trick Clown is definitely power creep, but not to the degree some posts imply.

Also, Graydle Dragon has this guy's JP name in his name.

Gureidoru Doragon
Dol/Doru Dora

Ahh, I remember when this card was Limited purely because effects that might return it to the Deck would make it impossible to tell if it was the copy that used its effect already. They fixed that right up by simply having it apply to all copies.

It's actually pretty decent on its own merits. 1500 makes it searchable by things like Masked Dragon, and being able to block an attack and then come back to serve as Tribute fodder or just another shield next turn is nice. I used it use it in Cyberdarks because it was a Level 3 with 1500, the strongest Level 3 dragon at the time (Hunter Dragon later stole the title, but Hunter Dragon is kind of meh).

Actually, Cyberdarks is the only thing I remember about this card. Ah the days of Spirit Caller (or maybe WC2006, can't remember) and my oddly unbeatable Cyberdark Deck.

If it was released today it would be 1900, be part of an archetype or be able to summon any level 5 or lower dragon, and activate when sent to the graveyard, instead of just when destroyed.

A 1900 ATK LV3? Unlikely. Also, not all good cards have to be part of an archetype, and just being part of an archetype isn't always what makes a card good.

Still, this thing is useful as a note of what used to be considered a powerful effect. Trick Clown is kind of a stupid comparison though, because that card is ridiculous.

It's not even used in goat control and I dont think it was even considered after that, so I dont think so?

It definitely wasn't used in Goat Control. I was wondering why we were discussing how a card had been power-crept out of the game when it was never actually in the game...

It definitely wasn't used in Goat Control. I was wondering why we were discussing how a card had been power-crept out of the game when it was never actually in the game...

I never knew how good/bad this card was competitively in the past, so I presumed it was at least better than it is currently. To be honest, I was mainly wondering how effectively you could use this in the current metagame more than anything else.

I'm preeeeetty sure it was just a bad card that was really overhyped because it got Limited, kinda like Night Assailant. Back then, if you needed multiple monsters in one, you'd run Nimble Momonga, or do the Spear Cretin loop, or use the Attribute Floaters that gave you something you actually wanted when it died, since destruction by battle was pretty relevant back then. This card's only advantage over those was that it could work if it was killed by stuff like Dark Hole or whatever. But then Konami gave us an answer to face-down monsters like those, Nobleman of Crossout, and that stops this too.

Not to mention it was sloooooooow, even back then. The slowness did let you make sure that you had Tribute Fodder for the next turn, but Nimble Momonga being three monsters or UFO Turtle being four made that pretty easy to accomplish anyways.

Night Assailant got Limited because 2 copies pitched at once could add each other back. Evilfusion explained why this was Limited.

bad card that was really overhyped because it got Limited, kinda like Night Assailant.

I have no idea where you saw "Idk why Night Assailant or this card got Limited" or whatever in my post.

No reason to run this anymore since everything now banishes\return to hand or deck\attach as xyz materials.

It has been a while since field destruction stopped being relevant, the game only cares for floating effs that can be triggered if sent from anywhere. Also, not to mention that OPD clause...

really late to the party buuuuuuut...

This is false.

With Raigeki at 1 and Dark Hole at 2, along with Mirror Force at 3, destruction is incredibly relevant.

Dante and Virgil prove that floating effects from field to grave matter.

really late to the party buuuuuuut...

This is false.

With Raigeki at 1 and Dark Hole at 2, along with Mirror Force at 3, destruction is incredibly relevant.

Dante and Virgil prove that floating effects from field to grave matter.

You sure of it? Wouldnt this mean the exactly opposite. These cards gaining more space in the game wouldnt prove that the current meta just sh*ts to all eff destructions, and all effs that rely on being destroyed from field are reaaaaly slow? take yang zings for example, theyre the best on what they do, but still not enough to ge relevant.

Also, i wouldnt give those ba cards as examples in this case. Virgils float is just a bonus, not something that can strongly affect the gamestate. Dantes float is different, he triggers if sent from anywhere, hence why ppl use him for downerd.

If I remember correctly, this is originally from Labyrinth of Nightmare, a good couple of years before Goat Format was a thing.

Unfortunately there is not much before Goat Control that is even recorded in history. There was Sacred Phoenix, Warrior staples, Chaos, Yata Lock. For the most part the bast majority of cards in the game were virtually unusable when it comes to a possible metagame. This was below the average beater mark, floaters were more along the lines of Spies, Momonga, or the Attribute ones.

The card had tons of ways of getting around it. Enemy Controller, Soul Exchange, attacking it to get it out of the way for Smashing Ground's sake if needed, Nobleman often got it while face-down. Even Bottomless was a thing. Even when it self-revived, the Monarchs were not a thing, and the D.D. Warriors and Exiled Force made sure no Tribute Monsters were really worth Summoning all that often.

The card had the Kaiba cool seal of approval, in the other hand.

I always got a kick out of this card's design, on how it has a spike in place of where a third head/etc would be, and it's arms are actually the real heads.

It's pretty damn cool, really.

Then Yubel's 2nd form did something similar. It's a cool design.

Also, can we get a Wyrm retrain of this please?

Archived