[Season 3] YCM SOTW #16 - Emotion

Night

Which piece do you think is the best?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which piece do you think is the best?

SOTWS3.png

Theme: Emotion

Theme excerpt:

Portray an emotion, be sure to use expressive and emotive renders/stocks.

3uBGnvL.png

MZzHqHC.gif

7QbPgre.png

milk.png

Pbcc3v4.png

gHTfEn5.png

2015August4_zpsv3zsis2b.png

Rewards

Winning submission gets a spot in the hall of fame and a plaque showcasing the piece:

NwSOTW1Catman.png

1st place gets this weeks winners pack:

Nw_Sotw_Winners_Pack_IMG3.png

(reward pack contents change weekly, each pack is unique.)

1st place also gets +10 points towards the Showcase Badge seen below, 2nd place gets +5.

(100 points are needed to receive the badge)

Showcaseaward.png

Voting rules:

• Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.

• If you've submitted a piece you may not vote for it, voting for others however is encouraged.

• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

Voting ends 8/12 at 11:59PM EST. Whoever has the most votes at that point wins. 

k so i may as well vote

It was a tossup between 1, 2 and 7 for me. 5 and 6 lacked technical finesse, and while 3 and 4 were very pretty I didn't really get the idea of "emotion."

1 took it for me. Didn't like the choice of font on 7, and the heavy pixelization on 2's text made difficult to like. Frankly, if 7 didn't have the words on it I would've picked it, but what have you.

I'll give a brief run down of my thoughts, but remember that I truly beleive all the submissions are good and can appreciate their difficulty in creating since I've dipped my head into the sector before.

7 and 1 both incorporate true images into the their work. 1 is superior in sharpness, selection of blended images, and lacks the distracting text. Unfortunately I artistly am not a fan of 1, although I acknowledge its quality, so I can't vote it. 2 has a neat effect with the scarf, but overall is too pixelly and well as I've said before text is a negative in atheistics for me at least. 4 is just a little to abstract and simple for me (in appearance at least). 5 and 6 can also be similarly categorized. Both artists are talented, but I can't really discern why I prefer 6 over 5. In fact I'm shocked that 6 has lacked any votes at the moment. Finally I come to 3. 3 uses some interesting colors and it mixes the abstract into the image instead of it becoming the entirety of the image. The blending of the image is surely one of the more challenging, in fact I would go as far to say it be the most, but those nuances are difficult to tell at first glance. All that being said it does not win for me out right. My final debate is between 3 and 6. If we were solely voting on talent 3 would win, but that is not the case. Ultimately my reason for rising 6 over 3 is for the unbecoming reason that I'm amazee 6 lacks a single vote at the moment for it's clear talent. Once again all the images are great and best of luck to all the submissions.

Voting for 2, cause while it doesn't necessarily show any form of emotional expression, it makes me think of the feeling of leaving a good friend in order to pursue bigger things, which is pretty damn emotional, imo. It was a close one, cause I genuinely could not choose which one to vote for.

If we're actually going to vote based on how the piece works on the theme of emotion, especially emotion expressed with true brevity without being too obvious, #4 is the clear choice for me.

and while 3 and 4 were very pretty I didn't really get the idea of "emotion."

Just wanted to point this out because I find it really fascinating the difference people see in art, it's truly a beautiful thing.

This is a close match though, really exciting.

I think #7 depicts the theme best with a chaotic feel, although I'm sketchy about the text used here, especially because part of it does blend into the background so it's hard to see.

If it weren't here, I'd likely vote for it.

Otherwise, #1 looks rather clean and that's what I'll vote for.

Although I did like #5/6 as well.

Archived