Crest of Sealing Fate

ReinarTetsuya

Guest Imperiused

The big issue I see with this card is the lack of any rule determining which cards' effects are disabled. You could fix this if you change this to just monster effects, as determined by the monster level. For example: rolling a 6 would negate the effects of all Monsters level 6 and under. Still a really powerful effect. Otherwise, leaving it to the players to decide which card effects are negated and which are not would lead to an absolute nightmare. No fun for either player.

I had meant the card negations to be inclusive of all spell, trap and effect monsters which is why the cost is so great. Not the level of monster cards but the actual number of cards on the field. Lets say a field spell, effect monster and a continuous card were on the field, if I rolled a three all of those cards effects would be voided and negated...

Guest Imperiused

I had meant the card negations to be inclusive of all spell, trap and effect monsters which is why the cost is so great. Not the level of monster cards but the actual number of cards on the field. Lets say a field spell, effect monster and a continuous card were on the field, if I rolled a three all of those cards effects would be voided and negated...

You need a way of determining which cards are negated, however. The dice roll only determines the number of cards to be negated, not which.

I do think the card is overpowered. These are just a few suggestions on some things you could do. I don't recommend doing all of them, however.

• Have your opponent choose which card effects are deactivated.
  • Only allow 1 on the field at any time. Having multiples on the field at once along with the presence of "Dice Re-Roll" is almost an insane prospect.
  • Raise the lifepoint cost. I think 1000 might be fine, given the random element, but we should remember, given its language, its impossible for the card to actually fail (every turn at least one effect is negated), which leads me to the next point
  • Change the method of deactivation. Implement the chance to completely fail. Or have the die result determine what kinds of effects will be disabled. Just some ideas, though I know you want it to disable all card effects.

Also, just for future reference, when you post a card idea, make sure you type out the card so that people who can't view the images can still review the card. Like so:

[Card Name]

[Card Type]

[Card Effect]

• 6 months later...

Archived