Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods (OOC/PG-16/Limited Acceptance/Started)

- - - - - Co-Host: Saiba Aisu Started Limited Acceptance Co-Host: Lvl 19 Hollow

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

Lewyn

Lewyn

I am nothing but a feckless minstrel.

• Elite Members
  • 2,422 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:23 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

I want to join this but I am stretched thin as is being in the RPs I'm in atm. So, sorry, but I'll have to turn this down for now. :(

Saiba Aisu

Saiba Aisu

Master of Rites

• Elite Members
  • 3,111 posts
    Last Visit Oct 10 2018 01:36 PM

I want to join this but I am stretched thin as is being in the RPs I'm in atm. So, sorry, but I'll have to turn this down for now. :(

We're sad to see you go! But we understand. In the future, spots may open for additional characters in supporting or antagonist roles (or if things go extraordinarily well, main roles). Good luck with your other RPs!

eJdlLTu.png

Il n'y a pas de rose sans épines.

Hälō

Hälō

Tis I, Hollow

• Advanced Members
  • 731 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:57 AM
Roxies almost finished (Wrapping of the backstory).

Just wanted you guys to check her out, make sure everything else is alright...

tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png

Dad

Dad

I was just hoping you know.

• Juice

• 14,710 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:23 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Fuck it.  I'm in.  Consider this my W.I.P. post.  Didn't see it done so I'm gonna go ahead and create "Alfonso James Bronson".

Drowning in your silence.

Saiba Aisu

Saiba Aisu

Master of Rites

• Elite Members
  • 3,111 posts

She looks good so far, Baron!

eJdlLTu.png

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,479 posts
    Last Visit Jul 29 2018 03:18 PM

:(((((( Sorry to hear that, but I completely understand! Hopefully you'll be able to join us here if and when more positions become available, granted you have some more free time!

I like what you have so far! Eager to read her backstory

f*** it.  I'm in.  Consider this my W.I.P. post.  Didn't see it done so I'm gonna go ahead and create "Alfonso James Bronson".

Can't wait to see it!

(tentative) DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: AUGUST 15TH!!!!

Posted Image

◇ Void ◇

◇ Void ◇

You never stop playing. You only just pause the game.

• Elite Members
  • 1,062 posts
    Last Visit Oct 08 2018 02:16 PM

All done and ready for inspection. I even bothered to redo the original artwork for Geo from scratch.

"Geo" - The Geomancer

Em4unek.gif

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,479 posts

All done and ready for inspection. I even bothered to redo the original artwork for Geo from scratch.

"Geo" - The Geomancer

I think my main concern here is that your character can do so many things with the crystals. I mean he can shoot lasers, he can build constructs, he can heal(albeit limitedly), and he can shoot electricity. We got onto Hydreigon for having so many powers in his suit, so it's only fair to do the same here. I would definitely advise removing some of those abilities. Thing is, we are planning on having the characters 'level up', in a sense, so to already have a character jam packed with so many powers is a bit much at this point.

As far as personality and biography go, I like what you have! I especially like the format of the personality section. Very creative! Also the art is better than I remember! Very well done!

Posted Image

Hälō

Hälō

Tis I, Hollow

• Advanced Members
  • 731 posts
Hm care to explain this "level up" macanic?

Saiba Aisu

Saiba Aisu

Master of Rites

• Elite Members
  • 3,111 posts

Just like in the Teen Titans show, characters will "level up," in the sense that they will acquire new abilities as they perfect their control over their respective powers. A good example of this would be Starfire, who eventually developed the ability to shoot lasers out of her eyes (which she didn't initially have). Obviously it's a mechanic that we'll implement with great care, so don't expect to earn a bunch of powers right off the bat.

eJdlLTu.png

G4hardcore

G4hardcore

Avant-Garde Artist

• Advanced Members
  • 142 posts
    Last Visit Aug 10 2015 05:26 PM
I would love to make a character for this. Interest is noted! However, it seems like quite a few others are interested as well. If only four people are going to be accepted, I'll probably pass due the the fear of rejection grabbing me by the throat. This one had me excited too! Curse you!

All we see & seem is but a dream within a dream. A half forgotten song, where are we from--do we belong?

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,479 posts

I would love to make a character for this. Interest is noted! However, it seems like quite a few others are interested as well. If only four people are going to be accepted, I'll probably pass due the the fear of rejection grabbing me by the throat. This one had me excited too! Curse you!

Fear of rejection is no reason not to apply. If you are excited about it, apply! The worst we can possibly say is 'not right now'. If all goes well, more character spots will open up in the future

Basically that there is no reason to overload your characters with a bunch of abilities because you will have the chance for your character to eventually have those abilities when it best fits the narrative. It's not gonna be anything like: "if you post 10 times then you get to level up". It'll be a case by case basis

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Juice

• 14,710 posts

Application

Saiba Aisu

Saiba Aisu

Master of Rites

• Elite Members
  • 3,111 posts

"Geo" - The Geomancer

Void: You've get an excellent character concept going here. I think you did a solid job of conceptualizing Geo's appearance and powers in basis of a specific aesthetic. However, there are a few issues that I had with his backstory, just in terms of plausibility.. Foremost among these is the idea that a child/young teenager could teach himself how to decipher a specialized language like ancient Maya just by reading a bunch of "scavenged books." The issue here is not the character's intelligence, as you noted that he has a high IQ, but the odds of those books just floating around and happening to fall into his hands. If you could perhaps revise this in some way to make it more cohesive, it would be very much appreciated.

eJdlLTu.png

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,479 posts

Application

I like this character a lot, very nice job! My only concern is the Star Crash ability. The implications of such an ability are a bit troubling. How big of an area will this effect? Are we talking like destroying a building or decimating a city? Also, wouldn't Alfonso be at risk of being hurt by the meteor as well?

EDIT: Saiba and I have decided that the deadline for applications is being moved to the 13th, in hopes of starting by next weekend!

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Juice

• 14,710 posts

I like this character a lot, very nice job! My only concern is the Star Crash ability. The implications of such an ability are a bit troubling. How big of an area will this effect? Are we talking like destroying a building or decimating a city? Also, wouldn't Alfonso be at risk of being hurt by the meteor as well?

EDIT: Saiba and I have decided that the deadline for applications is being moved to the 13th, in hopes of starting by next weekend!

It's not an overly large meteor.  Capable of destroying an average city block at the most.  And no, Alfonso wouldn't be at too much risk.  He can launch the meteor from range.  At most two kilometers away from his present location.  I'll add this to the app.

EDIT:  Added very low level telepathy.  Literally nothing bigger than a book or a magazine.  He MIGHT be able to open an unlocked door if he tried hard enough but we all know Alfonso won't be willful enough to do that.

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,479 posts

It's not an overly large meteor.  Capable of destroying an average city block at the most.  And no, Alfonso wouldn't be at too much risk.  He can launch the meteor from range.  At most two kilometers away from his present location.  I'll add this to the app.

EDIT:  Added very low level telepathy.  Literally nothing bigger than a book or a magazine.  He MIGHT be able to open an unlocked door if he tried hard enough but we all know Alfonso won't be willful enough to do that.

How large is the time delay between activating the power to draw in the meteor and the collision? During that time, does Alfonso  have  to maintain the constant stream of energy? What if he were to be interrupted? Sorry, I know these are a lot of questions. Just making sure I fully understand the character/powers.

Also, I think you mean telekinesis, my friend

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

• Juice

• 14,710 posts

How large is the time delay between activating the power to draw in the meteor and the collision? During that time, does Alfonso  have  to maintain the constant stream of energy? What if he were to be interrupted? Sorry, I know these are a lot of questions. Just making sure I fully understand the character/powers.

Also, I think you mean telekinesis

Thanks I'll fix it.  I think its fair to say the delay would increase the further the target location is away from Alfonso.  At minimum sixty seconds, at most one hour.  The further away the target, the longer Alfonso should channel.  I think that would be best in order to keep the power in line.  You can interrupt the channel, but it can be resumed from previous cast time / cast point.  

Ren✧

Ren✧

Vintage

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,479 posts

Thanks I'll fix it.  I think its fair to say the delay would increase the further the target location is away from Alfonso.  At minimum sixty seconds, at most one hour.  The further away the target, the longer Alfonso should channel.  I think that would be best in order to keep the power in line.  You can interrupt the channel, but it can be resumed from previous cast time / cast point.  

Noted. Yeah I think that pretty well balances the power. And obviously he wouldn't use this ability often. Alright, thanks for putting up with all my questions :P

Posted Image

Hälō

Hälō

Tis I, Hollow

• Advanced Members
  • 731 posts

Welp, Roxie is finished. 

I decided to go a little more lighthearted with her backstory. Seeing as we all cant have tragic tales... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users