[Written] Pulled out of Limbo

Ace487

v0.5

Pulled out of Limbo: Trap (Normal)

Activate this card if a Xyz Monster is on the field (min. 1). Target 1 Xyz Monster, then target 1 Xyz Material of that monster and Special Summon it  (Ignoring its summoning condition) to your side of the field in face-up Defense-Position, the effect(s) of the target is negated as long as it is face-up on the field; (If the target card is a Spell/Trap its ATK and DEF is the Xyz Monsters Rank x 300). If target card is destroyed by your opponent (by battle or by card effect) the targeted Xyz Monsters loses 1000 ATK.

Original

Pulled out of Limbo : Trap (Counter)

Lore: When 1 Xyz monster attacks you directly: Target 1 Xyz Material of that monster and Special Summon it (ignoring its summoning condition) to your side of the field in face-up Defense-Position, the effect(s) of the target is negated as long as it is face-up on the field; (If the target card is a Spell/Trap its ATK and DEF is the Xyz Monsters Rank x 300). 

Hmmm... This card has style to it... I like that. The problem would be that it is incredibly underwhelming. Even if we say the opponent had a strong stats monster as material... The xyz will likely trample it. It feel it needs something to give it an edge. Or another effect all together. One that punishes your opponent. Not too harshly tho... You are already taking away what's most likely a resource to an effect.

Pros:

Takes away a possible resource

Allows a small wall

Is a counter trap (which is odd)

Cons:

While it takes away resources... It is a poor battle trap because of how situational it really is.

My main issue is how situational it is. Remember that this section is made for meta cards. I think its fine as is tbh... I keep saying this but the only problem I have with it is its too situational for me. Overall not a bad card by any means... But I wouldn't main it in any of my decks. That's just me though... I'm picky when it comes to that... I like versatility.

Thank you Peridank, I see you perspective of how my card functionality is underwhelming to even possibly exist in the meta, for it being very situational. I thought of it being a counter trap to be un-chainable to it garneting having a last minute shield. 

Archived