[Written]Delta Infections

Brimtosis

After Asimov was met with a mostly positive response, here is the first 6 cards of the set. Each one is designed to be a wall on your opponent's side of the field, with differing effects for each one. They are mostly Lockdown effects, but there are also going to be control aspects to the deck, as well as some Spells and Traps that will cause other nasty side effects.

[spoiler=Monsters]
Delta Infection Asimov
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You must Set Spell Cards before activating them, and you cannot activate them until your next turn. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Asimov" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Babalis
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You cannot activate Trap Cards or Quick Spell Cards during your opponent's turn. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Babilis" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Fortnight
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If you perform a successful Fusion Summon, Syncro Summon, XYZ Summon or Ritual Summon; it becomes your End Phase. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Fortnight" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Invader
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card was successfully Summoned; Special Summon 2 "Delta Infection Invasion Tokens" (Machine-Type/DARK/Level 1/0 ATK/0 DEF). During your End Phase; You take damage equal to the number of "Invader"s and "Invasion"s you control x 500. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Invader" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Mapson
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. At the beginning of your Draw Phase; send the top card of your Deck to your Graveyard. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Mapson" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Randex
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Every time you successfully Summon a monster, roll a die: On the result of a 1 or 2, that monster is placed on the top of your deck. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Randex" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Reboot
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You cannot activate any effects or abilities during your Stand-By Phase. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Reboot" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Terrax
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You can only Summon a maximum of 2 monster per turn (Negated Summons also count towards this limit). You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Terrax" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

Delta Infection Vienna
DARK/Lv 1
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you Special Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. At the start of every Main Phase 1; you must reveal one card at random in your hand. You can only Special Summon 1 "Delta Infection Vienna" per turn.
ATK - 0
DEF - 0

[spoiler=Spells]
Logic Bombardment
Spell/Continuous
When this card is activated; place Logic Counters on it equal to the number of "Delta Infection"s your opponent controls. During your Stand-By Phase; Remove 1 Logic Counter. When the last counter is removed; deal damage equal to the number of "Delta Infection"s they control x 1000.

Data Mining
Spell
Look at the top cards from your opponent's deck equal to the number of "Delta Infection"s they control.

Data Leak
Spell
Look at cards from your opponent's hand equal to the number of "Delta Infection"s they control, then send one to the graveyard.

[spoiler=Traps]
Anti-Viral Repulsion
Trap/Counter
Activate this in response to a "Delta Infection" being Special Summoned to your side of the field; Banish that monster.

Anti-Viral Containment
Trap/Counter
Activate this in response to a "Delta Infection" being Special Summoned to your side of the field; Special Summon it to your opponent's side of the field.

Forced Restart
Trap
Activate this during your opponent's Draw Phase, if they control a "Delta Infection"; it is now their End Phase

This archtype looks really awesome, has a lot of synergy with other lockdown based cards and I could definately see a couple different deck ideas for them. its good that you included counters for them for the opponent to sideboard, and I can see some crazy sideboards becoming a thing if these ever came out(lots of rank1 xyzs) Only thing that this archtype lacks atm is a way to search them out, which is probably good considering what they do. Sorry for the short review I dont have much time right now, will post a full review later today or early tomorrow. (also sry about my spelling, im a very bad typist on this keyboard.

First off, I love the idea for the archtype. Really cool and(I think) original idea, 11/10 for the idea. Not really sure if they would be balanced or not though, they would have to see play(and with your permission when I get a system that can run duel portal I would love to upload them for you and test them out.) also, they can potentially OTK(one turn kill) or OTL(one turn lock) pretty hard, but I’ll get into that after I review the individual cards.

~-~-~-~ Monsters ~-~-~-~

~ Asimov ~

One sided anti-spell fragrance, I really like this especially when you combo it with dark sigmorph (or however you spell that) to prevent them from using any spells while still allowing yourself to play them all you want. Seems pretty balanced, anti-spell hasn't seen any sort of play and with the power creep I think it’s about time for a one-sided version. Would run at 2-3

~ Babalis ~

A one-sided, better version of Royal Decree. Not really sure about this one, Royal Decree sees quite a bit of play in sideboards and sometimes is main-decked at least in recent formats, so this card might be slightly too powerful, maybe if it were two separate cards(one for traps and one for quick plays) but then it would feel weird having one for quick plays by itself and then a strange version of jinzo. I like the concept just not sure how the meta would handle it. Would run at 2-3 if it didn’t receive changes

~ Fortnight ~

This card is very interesting, not sure quite how I feel about it. One of the few outs they have to your effects would be overpowering you with their extra deck, but this takes that away except for them using on-summon effects. I guess game 1 this would be great, Game2 they would probably side in their rank 1’s and xyz using this card nullifying its effect and then continue from there. I would probably only run 1-2 of these if I ran any at all, the first two seem like the main ones to run for lockdown, but you need as many as you can get for the OTK version of the deck.

~ Invader ~

Very useful for filling his board, Sorta overpowered imo, if you don't summon any monsters for your opponent to crash the tokens into then they take 1500 every time they end their turn which is a lil bit too much seeings as the only other out is dark hole or tribute summons. In a lockdown variant I would run 2-3, in an OTK variant I wouldn’t run any because the tokens can be destroyed by battle

~ Mapson ~

Balanced, but not very useful. Nowadays in YGO milling is actually a good thing so giving your opponent a free mill each turn doesn’t sound too good to me, maybe if you know they’re running something that can't get cards back, but other than that the card seems to help them a lot more than it helps you. Can be good in a lock tho.

~ Randex ~

Another not-so-useful card imo. Nothing is bad about the effect I just don't personally find it useful, but that’s just me. Could be good in some situations though such as them summoning their only out and it getting getting sent to the top of the deck only to be milled by mapson next turn.

~ Reboot ~

Same as Randex since not much activates in the standby phase in the meta(that I know of.) other than negating a treeborn frog I just don't see this card getting much play without some boss infection that gets more effects based on the amount of infections with different names in your graveyard/on your opps side of the field.

~ Terrax ~

Terrax coupled with Randex could be good to prevent them from getting much in the way of monsters on board, but generally spamming them with infections should prevent them from doing that anyways.

~ Vienna ~

100% useless unless you have mind crush. same as Reboot with only being useful if there is a boss infection that relies on a lot of other infections, but that would be strange.

~-~-~-~ Spells/Traps ~-~-~-~

~ Logic Bombardment ~

Strange effect, could be useful if you chose a pure build of this archtype, but I don’t see it getting much play outside of a burn oriented version of the deck

~ Data Mining ~

You said yourself that the point of the deck was to be lockdown/control oriented, so it wouldn’t really matter what the cards were on the top of your opponent’s deck since they shouldn’t be able to activate them in the first place. I guess I just don’t see this card being very useful unless it was edited to allow changing of the order of the cards, but that might become too overpowered at that point.

~ Data Leak ~

Firstly, pretty sure you need to stick a “random” into that wording. Secondly, I don’t see it getting too much play outside of a pure version of the deck which would be weaker than other versions.

~ Repulsion ~

Good card, my only question would be how does it interact with Babalis since he stops your opponent from activating traps, perhaps it should negate the summon and then banish the monster. Or it could just be fine, like I said in the beginning I suck at OCG.

~ Containment ~

I like this one more than repulsion, I also like the fact, with both of them, that you including specific counters to the monsters since most archtypes don’t have those. Turning the tables on your opponent would be very fun with this card though.

~ Forced Restart ~

Possibly a little bit op, they get to draw and then you skip the rest of their turn. can especially be broken if you find a way to recycle any of the three copies of it.

~ Conclusion ~

Now, on to some of the insane stuff you could do with these cards if they were put into the game.

Firstly(and my fave) combo this with Ojama knight/king or ground collapse and give them less area to play in. With this one you would want to be using Asimov, Babalis, and Dark Simorgh and now your opponent’s only out would be a tribute summon, and all you have to do is get something with piercing battle dmg or wait for them to deck out. (King hits 3 spaces, but collapse and knight only hit 2 so the third card you want to use would most likely be Mapson) and just to be extra safe you can add in soul drain and they can't do anything except XYZ with level 1’s or tribute summon over them.

The second option is a lot faster, but less trolly.

Basically the whole point is to OTK using any one of the infections, and then any combination of large monsters that can SS themselves and equip cards. Burning abyss monsters can work well but they have low atk so you need a lot of them. A warrior type is well wanted because you can equip “Assault Armor” and then use its effect to the monster can attack twice which is as good as doubling its attack.

So I guess in some situations some of them can be abused, but, once again, without testing them there is no actual way of knowing if they are broken or not. I really love the design of them, but I wish there was more spell and trap support. Also I feel like if konami released these the artwork would look totes amaze-balls. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the review buddy!

If you want to upload them to Dual Portal, that would be fantabulous. You have full permission, just credit me when you do so. 

In regards to Repulsion's interactions with Babalis, I think that Repulsion could be activated in response to Babalis' Special Summoning, meaning that it should activate first in the chain and negate the summon, stopping Babalis' effect from activating. I'm stressing the "I think" though; Still not used to this OCG, and the interactions may be different here compared to MtG (a system I have fully internalized).

Will definitely get round to fixing some of the glaring issues with the cards. Some will probably stay the same, but others (Especially in the Spell and Trap department) will be fixed. May also be adding more monsters, spells and traps in the future.

Again, cheers buddy

Archived