✩ Club Espeon - Rising Legend ✩

3kUiuDk.png

"A legend born before time itself, here and now, revive in all your glory!"

Welcome to Club Espeon - Rising Legend.

As you probably can guess, Espeon is this club's mascot and the main driving force for its creation five and a half years ago.

This is a Pokémon-oriented club (this should be obvious), so expect a good chunk of our topics to be related as such.

This can include the anime/manga, video games and maybe competitive stuff if you want (though this is already covered by Showdown).

[spoiler=Topic Schedule]

We'll finalize one at a later time, but just know that Thursdays and Fridays are tentatively set aside for discussion on the newest episode.

Or in the case there isn't episode that week, likely the series as a whole or something else. We'll see as we go along.

[spoiler=Event Stuff]

Right now, we'll have our own CAP project; essentially work together to design a Pokémon with our ideas in mind.

Each project should take about 1-2 weeks, hopefully.

I don't intend to be as formal as Smogon, but here are the basic steps.

(Drawing is not necessary; if we want a drawing, I can probably try to do one + ask someone in Showcase to do it)

• Idea (what kind of 'mon should it be, suggested playstyle, etc)
  • Height/weight (for the purposes of stuff like Grass Knot and other moves/abilities that factor in such)
  • Typing
  • Ability/Stats
  • Moveset

To save time, all entries should be those with evolutionary lines.

Think of legendaries and stuff like Skarmory, Heracross, Pinsir, Mawile, etc.

Finished designs will be kept in an archive within this thread; pretty much on another post.

[spoiler=+ Rulebook +]

1. No flaming/trolling other people.

In the past, this club had a reputation of being well-behaved (and being stickied at some points in time) so let's keep it like that.

But seriously, don't act like a total jerk and you should be fine.

I don't mind if you swear in this club, but keep conversations PG-13 and don't abuse the (lack of) swear filters; thanks.

2. Stay on topic

Occasionally, we might stray from the topic at hand but please keep this to a minimum.

I'll try to keep the current topic updated in the main post, but look around for it.

Once we get a definitive schedule out (see above), you can probably figure out our topic if you get lost.

3. No spamming.

Like with rule 2, stick to the topic(s) at hand. It's okay if you mention something off-topic but make sure you include something relevant.

Do not turn this thread into 5 straight pages of non-related posts, okay?

Please don't post in here unless you're either an accepted member, applying for admission or are YCM staff executing mod duties (essentially Rai and Mugen for the purposes of this section).

4. Have fun.

This is meant to be a place where you guys can relax, discuss stuff and have a place to voice your thoughts w/out worrying.

It's not like I'm moderating everything you say/do (though there are limits to what is allowed in here, but that should be common sense though).

5. YCM Rules apply

Self-explanatory by now; whatever site rules exist are to be followed without question.

6. Warning system

Basically, this will run on a four-strike policy.

First and second strikes are verbal reminders to follow rules.

Third is a temporary ban from the club.

Fourth is a permanent.

I can also warn you directly on your member account if things warrant it, so please keep this in mind.

Remember that I am still a moderator, and have the authority to do so if necessary.

So please, be on your best behavior and you'll have a great time in Espeon.

Spambots will be banned on-sight, so don't even try.

[spoiler=Application]

Just say that you want in, however please make the application neatly.

[spoiler=Member List]

Sakura

Azure Wolf

British Soul

Sethera

Spinda

Tyretian

Dae

Bassa

Zextra

[spoiler=History]

2/19/2010 - Club Espeon is first created...

10/2/2013 - Club Espeon V2 is born.

10/21/2014 - Club Espeon - Sky Palace is born.

8/12/2015 - Club Espeon - Rising Legend is born.

[spoiler=Banners and Logos Archive]

3482ey1.jpg

(2011 icon)

This is partly why you see Shooting Star and Scar-Red Nova Dragon in the current banner; also, current thread title of the original Espeon.

mjnwnn.jpg

(2011 banner)

RRdfH.gif

(Mine, 2010 Banner)

ihJtk.gif
(-Pichu-'s)

Sexeb.gif
(Benjo 8's)

2mccb36.png
(Smear's)

So what are you waiting for?

Come on in, and join the revolution!

95F55Ea.png

This is an application post.

So who has downloaded their shiny Rayquaza yet?

Accepted.

As of right now, I haven't gotten Rayquaza yet.

Still need to redeem the Diancie one, and I've been rather lazy about it lately. (Basically, get it from the Poke Center)

But I'm definitely getting Rayquaza afterwards (it's going to look really sexy on my team).

Tentatively, Thursday/Friday (which is basically today/tomorrow) is set aside for XY discussions anime-wise; it should be airing right around now.

If we need extra day, maybe we'll extend it to Saturday also.

But yeah, the XY/ORAS threads are essentially dead.

Sunday through Wednesday is still up in the air; probably might have some general discussion stuff on those days.

Any idea what your club activity will be Sakura?

It's definitely going to be Pokemon related for certain; right now, it should be XY discussion + in this case, game stuff. 

Should have a more definitive plan up in a day or so, but definitely the later part of the week will be anime discussion.

Question is whether or not to allow Saturday for another anime/manga discussion thing; I know the XY thread in Anime does get derailed by Astro posting stuff about his gameplay.

Sunday/Monday will be competitive stuff or whatever (and likely stuff we would like to see in Gen 7 or something).

This might be the time we do CAP things; obviously will not be testing them online, but just seeing how well we can coordinate the design.

(Well, that takes care of 4-5 days; Tuesday/Wednesday is up for discussion, but probably free things)

Just downloaded the shiny Rayquaza on both games. They're not fantastic, but they're not bad either. I would've liked one with both perfect Attack and Speed but what can you do? *shrugs*

Yeah, I wanted Rayquaza with a 31 spd IV, but 30 is fine.

Then again, it has +Atk off of a max ATK IV, so it's going to be punching lights out.

Oh yeah, and Dae accepted.

I know the XY thread in Anime does get derailed by Astro posting stuff about his gameplay.

Yah, noone gives a sheet about his slowass playthrough anyway, yet he still insists on informing us. Worst part is he refuses to realise that noone cares about his playthrough since that thread isn't the place for it.

It's definitely going to be Pokemon related for certain; right now, it should be XY discussion + in this case, game stuff. 

Should have a more definitive plan up in a day or so, but definitely the later part of the week will be anime discussion.

Question is whether or not to allow Saturday for another anime/manga discussion thing; I know the XY thread in Anime does get derailed by Astro posting stuff about his gameplay.

Sunday/Monday will be competitive stuff or whatever (and likely stuff we would like to see in Gen 7 or something).

This might be the time we do CAP things; obviously will not be testing them online, but just seeing how well we can coordinate the design.

(Well, that takes care of 4-5 days; Tuesday/Wednesday is up for discussion, but probably free things)

What I want for clubs is not really a discussion schedule or whatever, I want an activity that you will organize for your club members to partake in. All clubs will need one.

Like I mentioned, we might have a CAP project or something along those lines.

That'll likely be our activity of sorts for right now; just need to plan out how it works. (Likely won't be as structured, but at least we can try to design stuff of our own).

Not sure if Showdown's doing the same thing, but I don't go in there so can't really say.

Archived