✩ Club Espeon - Rising Legend ✩

Might as well give this a little bump.

New episode should be up right now (although yeah, no subtitles for a couple weeks given the speed of subbers nowadays).

So yeah, for those of you who aren't up to date or rather wait for subs to come out, you can talk about episodes that've already been subbed + stuff like that.

Right now, they should be on 81 (it'll show as 82 on anime sites, because they messed up with the Pikachu special during 77, and made it as a general episode).

Link: http://animeonlinetv.tv/pokemon-xy-episode-84

As for that club project and stuff, it will be a sort of CAP thing for now. (If things flop over, we might switch to a cardmaking thing, but we'll see)

Let me go ahead and elaborate a bit on how things will go.

[spoiler=Stuff]

First and foremost, our goal is not going to be designing things for competitive play, but rather, treat it as if YCM were a Pokemon region and you get to design the Pokes that will go into it. To keep it easier on all of us, we'll just design standalone Pokes (or make some 2-stage lines if you all would like that to be included).

Going to keep the process a lot simpler than that of Showdown, because again, we're not designing them to be competitive.

But, let's try to exercise some degree of balance in here.

• Appearance (this will fit into what we name our creation + everything else)*
  • Name (obviously)
  • Typing
  • Height and weight (former doesn't matter much, weight is an issue with Grass Knot and some other things)
  • Stat spread
  • Abilities (custom ones are fair game)
  • Design moveset

At this point, we should have enough members in here to do one of the following tasks. (Some of us will have to double up in areas, but overall the tasks should be rather simple)

Movesets will probably use 2-3 people, given their size; one person can do general level up and TMs; others can manage the tutor/egg moves.

* Having an actual picture drawn is not necessary; writing out the overall appearance is fine.

If one of us wishes to draw a picture, then that's great. Otherwise, it's not required.

At the latest, each creation should take about 1-2 weeks (factoring in university, work and other commitments).

I'll keep an archive of our designs in this thread, along with the names of whoever contributed to them. (Also, those of us who participate in each project gets a rep + probably a design logo)

--------

[spoiler=Episode thoughts]

This was basically a filler episode, so not much to say.

All we had was basically Chespin running an errand to get new batteries or something because the old one short-circuited or something due to weather. 

Going to be filler for a while though.

Yeah, that one isn't filler.

One with Braixen breaking her stick (next week) is probably going to be a side thing.

As for the CAP thing, I think Rinne was the one who did it a couple months ago.

I did say that I'd try to make it relatively simple, and not the long process that Smogon does with theirs.

We can probably care less about the egg groups and stuff.

A lot of the old guys left, so yeah it's safe to assume C&O has died down quite a bit since the days of old.

That, and post count WAS disabled for a while (Rai only reinstated it a couple days ago).

As for the hyperlink, it's probably the VigLink stuff acting up.

Basically, it helps YCMaker get money to keep the site up (but you can block VigLink stuff; just Google "VigLink filter" or something).

My vote's on Glaceon (if only because I like Eeveelutions [if Espeon wasn't enough of a hint]).

As for shiny/non-shiny status, preferably the former (but not entirely fussed)

I still need to get Chandelure for X/Alpha Sapphire anyway.

---------

With regards to that CAP project, I'll get some of it started.

I'll give you the typing (I randomized it from here) and stats; rest is up to whatever suit your fancies, given the info.

Next one, someone else can start it off, and we build from there.

[spoiler=CAP scrapboard #1]

Type: Ice/Normal (yeah, Fighting weakness is going to suck a lot)

Stats: (BST 550)

90 HP | 115 ATK | 85 DEF | 100 SP ATK | 85 SP DEF | 75 SPD

Name:

Appearance:

Moveset:

Ability:

Height/Weight:

Just for conversion reasons:

1 inch = 2.54 cm

1 kg = 2.205 pounds (although I generally use 2.25, but w/e)

I will of course be re-joining, despite me not being around much these days. Hopefully that changes when school starts again~

Welcome back Zex.

Hopefully I'll be around to do stuff, since I'll have a bit of coursework to deal with starting August 24th (especially more programming, albeit easier, and some engineering business)

I wouldn't really mind either or, but again still voting for Glaceon.

Then again, I need to work on my YCM themed team for Alpha Sapphire (and see if it can beat the E4).

[spoiler=Stuff notes]

There's a Dragonite named iHop (waiting for it to get high enough of a level to learn Outrage; I think it's at level 63)

Latias named after my username here is self-explanatory (or Latios/Espeon with my real name); already dealt with.

Altaria is self-explanatory (I think level 62-63).

I still need to (EV) train the Milotic I got from Zextra; otherwise, I have one in X that I bred/named after him.

Probably going to raise another Arcanine + name it .Rai (what other dog-related Pokes are there that kind of resemble shibas?)

I have a Houndoom named after Yin (level 41; need to start training it again). It was either that or Giratina, since I know she's associated with both.

Need to finish EV training that Croconaw I have named after British (and obviously evolve it to Feraligatr). Just need to figure out where I'm going to put the other 252 EVs; the others are full ATK.

I don't have a Spinda though, even though they should be rather easy to catch.

(And now I figure out that a good chunk of the YCM members I'm naming Pokemon after are English, although that's not a bad thing.)

Oh and BTW British, do you still need that HA Amaura or you found someone else at this point?

I wouldn't blame you; 65 miles just to get a Shiny Rayquaza code isn't worth it (unless you have other business in that area).

That would be like me having to fly over to the neighbor islands for it if they decided to make serial codes as well.

Also pretty much the case if I wanted to play regionals; I end up having to go to the mainland because we have none here.

Not worth the time, and certainly college will not grant me leave to do so.

I might as well bump this.

As a reminder, because of the new club event thing effective this coming Tuesday, that mini-CAP thing in here will be ours until a more suitable one is found.

Some of the specs from #1 are on previous page (essentially, Ice/Normal with fully evolved stats); the rest of the details are up to you.

Regarding the episode about Braixen, I've not watched it yet due to internet/weather problems.

Archived