Illustrious Gemini Elf [Retrain]

Ren✧

huqagy.jpg

Illustrious Gemini Elf

[Next Retrain]

"Elf twins that alternate their attacks."

PgrhA06.jpg

During either player's turn: You can discard this card to target 1 Normal Gemini Monster, except for "Illustrious Gemini Elf" you control; it gains its effect and is treated as an Effect Monster. This effect of "Illustrious Gemini Elf" can only be activated once per turn. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
●You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Gemini Monster from your hand, and if you do, it gains its effect.

Some generic Gemini support. Constructive criticism and OCG corrections are always appreciated and will be REPPED.

Now being Gemini Elf makes sense lol

this has the same flavor as the Artisan's imo, unless idk what flavor is (more likely the latter)

During either player's turn: You can discard this card to target 1 Normal Gemini Monster you control; it gains its effect and is treated as an Effect Monster. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
●You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Gemini Monster from your hand, and if you do, it gains its effect.

(italics are suggestions/can be omitted)

btw I didn't check if I added/changed a lot. For all I know I changed nothing lol

Also since there are twins I think you should have allowed 2 attacks per turn, but thats just a suggestion. (unless ur going off the flavor text which would go against this so ignore it if you want)

I like the first effect, it makes Gemini's as a whole a lot more useful as the only real way I found to use them is to try and stall until you can double summon them. I think its Gemini effect is a little slow unless you can make sure you already have the desired card in your hand. I like the concept but to me this alone wouldn't change the dynamics of a Gemini Deck. Maybe I'm missing something and you had a particular combo in mind?

Now being Gemini Elf makes sense lol

this has the same flavor as the Artisan's imo, unless idk what flavor is (more likely the latter)

During either player's turn: You can discard this card to target 1 Normal Gemini Monster you control; it gains its effect and is treated as an Effect Monster. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
●You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Gemini Monster from your hand, and if you do, it gains its effect.

(italics are suggestions/can be omitted)

btw I didn't check if I added/changed a lot. For all I know I changed nothing lol

Also since there are twins I think you should have allowed 2 attacks per turn, but thats just a suggestion. (unless ur going off the flavor text which would go against this so ignore it if you want)

Thank you for the OCG fix! It has been updated accordingly. Basically when I refer to flavor I am referring to how well a card meets a central theme or motif. Originally, this card's Gemini effect was that it could attack twice after being Gemini summoned, but I ended up nixing that idea because if that were the case it would almost never hit the field. It is just more useful to discard it. With this effect, however, if you are playing a Gemini-centric deck the Gemini effect speeds up getting out your ace cards and gives them their effect right off the bat. So ultimately, I sacrificed a little bit of flavor for usefulness in that aspect. 

I like the first effect, it makes Gemini's as a whole a lot more useful as the only real way I found to use them is to try and stall until you can double summon them. I think its Gemini effect is a little slow unless you can make sure you already have the desired card in your hand. I like the concept but to me this alone wouldn't change the dynamics of a Gemini Deck. Maybe I'm missing something and you had a particular combo in mind?

The second effect is meant for a Gemini-centric deck. Only actually useful if you are wanting to quickly make use of something like Darkstorm Dragon or another high level Gemini. Might also find a sort of niche in a Red Eyes deck, since they have two high level Geminis that they make use of. 

I didn't design the card to necessarily change Geminis altogether. Making a card like that would almost definitely be labeled as OP. However, a card like this would definitely speed up their game play in a pure gemini deck. 

EDIT: Also, card image has been updated with corrected OCG and a better image, thanks to BT!

Well, this card offers a good deal of support for Geminis; being a Supervise-esque thing (gives Geminis their effects without requiring that extra summon).

As they are, Geminis are a bit clunky, so a bit of help wouldn't push them over the edge just yet.

The NS effect does allow you to make a high Level Gemini with its effect already there, so that does have me concerned a little bit.

Although it's from the hand, so it shouldn't be as bad. (If it were from the Deck also, then yeah we'd have problems)

In terms of using this in Red-Eyes, it can be done if only to give those two their effects (I don't remember their names off the top of my head at the moment), but likely isn't an ideal move for them.

Probably would suggest making the discard effect a hard OPT and/or preventing it from targeting another copy of itself via that effect.

The NS effect does allow you to make a high Level Gemini with its effect already there, so that does have me concerned a little bit.

Although it's from the hand, so it shouldn't be as bad. (If it were from the Deck also, then yeah we'd have problems)

Agreed that if it were from the deck it would be a bit much, but with the current slowness of Gemini monsters, I'd think the effect is within the bounds of appropriateness.

In terms of using this in Red-Eyes, it can be done if only to give those two their effects (I don't remember their names off the top of my head at the moment), but likely isn't an ideal move for them.

I've never actually played the Red-Eyes deck, just noticed that they can run two high level Geminis. I kind of figured that it might end up being clunky in the deck.

Probably would suggest making the discard effect a hard OPT and/or preventing it from targeting another copy of itself via that effect.

Those are both good suggestions! Updated the effect, but probably won't bother to update the image with the new effect because I am lazy af.

Thanks for the review!

Archived