Shin Megami Tensei: Advent of the End

Call it what you will –

a revelation of God, or a curse of the Demon King.

The fact remains that our world has come to an end.

A heretic called upon an unearthly light, and devastation ensued.

Chaos crawled out of the depths of the ocean, from the black abyss.

Death upon death… Nothing but death in this barren land.

Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here.

A voice in the dark beguiles me,

“Truth is a mystery, unraveled by the candles’ flames.”

- From

The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

[spoiler=Plot]“…A world that loses its power will fade away into nothingness. If such is the fate of this world, then I shall return it to its mother’s womb. The world must first die for it to be born again…  That is the only way to salvation as recorded in an ancient prophecy. The world will fall for its sins, and humans will all disappear… "

All things are finite, and eventually all things in this world will come to an end, even the world itself will eventually meet its end. In fact this world is quite nearly at its end, yet where there is an end, there is also a beginning. You see all worlds’ have a certain amount of potential. This potential is created by its inhabitants, which is then converted into raw power that allows that world to exist. However eventually a world’s potential will run out. It’s inhabitants will become lazy, passive, and then their world will become stagnant, and the energy that once fueled their world will be no more. At this point the inhabitants of this world have two choices in deciding the fate of their now dead world.  They can continue with their mundane existence, and eventually their world will be swallowed into the Shadow Vortex and become no more, or they may initiate the Conception.

The Conception; A cataclysmic event which heralds the end of the world… and the beginning of a new one. The Conception’s purpose, as one might assume from its name, is to conceive a new world using the power of the Reasons. This world’s Conception has already been set into motion, and by this day’s end the world you know will be no more than a faint memory. The world will fall, and many humans will die. Your friends, your family, all those you hold dear will disappear, yet you have been afforded a rare opportunity; the ability to retain your life. It appears fate smiles upon you, so as of now your will to live shall be sustained, and you will survive to see next world come to fruition.

I must warn you though, the world brought about by the Conception is a dangerous and primordial one inhabited by demons who will seek to end your life. They are not the only dangers in the new and mysterious land known as the Vortex World. The chance to reshape the world to fit one’s ideals is a very important opportunity, and many will try to influence the outcome of the new world born from Conception, yet only one ideal can come to pass. Soon you will be caught in between the war that rages between those who wish to shape the new world. Will you join them in their path to create a new world, or perhaps… you will carve your own path?

[spoiler=Rules]First things first, I have final say regarding all things in this roleplay, my authority supersedes that of any co-hosts I may have as well. You are allowed to debate any decisions I make, but if I say something is final, there is to be no further discussion. I am free to modify these rules as I please, although I will typically notify you all if anything about the roleplay has changed.

All rules of YCM apply to this roleplay unless otherwise stated. All IC posts must be at least 100 words (approx. 4 lines) in length. Avoid godmodding, metagaming, or powerplaying. Do not copy your characters from other roleplays before modifying them first to suit this RP. You cannot use other people’s characters from other works without their permission. Please respect your fellow roleplayers and yourself, and do not act aggressively or troll. Keep your common sense about you at all times.

There will be a Skype chat put up, but for asking questions about the roleplay, please use the OoC thread. This way, your questions and my answers can be seen by everyone.

This is an animesque roleplay, so associated tropes will likely apply. I ask that any reference images used also be animesque. However, exaggerations used in animation such as chibis do not translate well, in my opinion, to the written medium hence I ask that you do not use them, this is still a literary work.

*Rules borrowed from Aix*

[spoiler=Application]“Optional Headshot of your character”

"Optional Quote from your character"

Name: [Preferably Japanese]

Race: [Human]

Alignment: [N/A; will change later]

Affiliation: [N/A; will change later]

Reason: [N/A; will change later]

Appearance: [Optional picture otherwise a paragraph of description. Spoilered please. Include a description(picture or written is fine)  of your fiend appearance as well, including the tattoos, use this for a reference as to what the tattoos should generally look like, other than that you can be creative with your demonic appearance.]

Personality: [Two Paragraphs. Spoilered.]

Skills: [1 Skill start; 8 Skill limit]

Resistances: [Phys: N/A | Stab: N/A | Fire: N/A | Ice: N/A | Force: N/A | Elec: N/A | Expel: N/A | Curse: N/A | Light: N/A | Dark: N/A] Fill out your resistances here, the types are Resist, Drain, Repel, Null, and Weak. All humans began with Neutral (N/A) resistances, except for Light & Dark which are permanently locked to Null. Not resistance to Nerve and Mind attacks as well.

Stats: In a spoiler; initially you have 17 stats to distribute as you please. You must have at least 1 stat in each category

• Strength: Effects Phys/Stab
  • Magic: Effects Fire/Ice/Force/ Elec/ Expel/Curse damage
  • Vitality: Effects resistance to attacks
  • Agility: Effects chances of dodging attacks
  • Luck: Effects chances of critical hits, marked as enhanced damage in skills section

​Demons: [spoilered please]

Demon Name:

Clan:

Alignment: [Law | Chaos | Neutral]

Skills: [2 Skill start; 8 Skill maximum]

Stats: 22 stats to distribute as you please. You must at least 1 stat in each category

·         Strength:

·         Magic:

·         Vitality:

·         Agility:

·         Luck:

​Resistances: [Phys: N/A | Stab: N/A | Fire: N/A | Ice: N/A | Force: N/A | Elec: N/A | Expel: N/A | Curse: N/A | Light: N/A | Dark: N/A] Fill out your resistances here, the types are Resist & Weak. Note resistance to Nerve & Mind attacks as well.

Other Information: [optional]

·         Theme Song:

·         VA(s):

Skills Database

Demonic Compendium

Character Roster

Interest noted.

Do you have a particular Persona in mind in which we can take skills from or just the latest one?

This skills database on the lower left hand of the OP is all the skills available to RPers from the start. I'm going to be updating it as we progress through the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived