Petite Fairy Dragon [Retrain]

Ren✧

huqagy.jpg

Petite Fairy Dragon

[Previous Retrain] l [Next Retrain]

This beautiful Dragon spirit harbors hidden strength.

zzWqfZ9.jpg

If you control a face-up Level 3 or lower monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do, this card cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a Level 7 or lower Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard. 

Decided to make a retrain of a character no one has ever heard of before. Intended to support Ancient Fairy Dragon or Ancient Pixie Dragon. Could possibly find a place in a Dragunity deck, but I think this would probably slow down that deck more than anything else. So yeah. Any OCG help and constructive criticism is always appreciated and will be REPPED!

I like how you went and tried to support Ancient Fairy Dragon, esp since its a Tuner. I also it has an effect around Field Spell Card like Ancient Fairy and how it can support. I just noticed! If u Synchro using it to get Ancient Fairy, you can put a Field Spell out and gain some LP. That's a strategy. gjob

OCG Fix:

If you control a face-up Level 3 or lower monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do, this card cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a Level 7 or lower Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard. 

Edit: Did you mean to have Petite in there to hint at Petit Dragon?

I like how you went and tried to support Ancient Fairy Dragon, esp since its a Tuner. I also it has an effect around Field Spell Card like Ancient Fairy and how it can support. I just noticed! If u Synchro using it to get Ancient Fairy, you can put a Field Spell out and gain some LP. That's a strategy. gjob

Bingo! It's pretty generic, but I suppose it suits its purpose well enough. 

If you control a face-up Level 3 or lower monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do, this card cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a Level 7 or lower Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard. 

Many thanks!

The original wording would've allowed this card to summon any Dragon-Type monster of your choosing.

Although yes, it is Ancient Fairy (and Pixie) support and certainly makes bringing it out a bit easier.

That, and it does build off of both of their effects; Pixie can destroy something when a Field goes up, and AFD can destroy them if needed (although the question is, why would you blow your own Field up, unless you can plus off of it).

----

As for Dragunities, you could probably use it to trigger off Ravine or something, which helps them a bit (despite its Semi'd status; you can blame Rulers for its hit).

Even if you could use this in Dragunities, the most you can do with it is essentially Barcha or Trident (or whatever Level 7/8 Dragons that they bother to run nowadays).

It'll get you the Field Spell, but not much. (Assuming that BT fixed the PSCT, but did not add a summon restriction Level-wise).

With the current fix, can't really do much in there unless you use this + Legionnaire = Trident or whatever Level 7 Dragons exist for them.

----

Overall, it is a nice little thing for Ancient Fairy support + likely some extra toys for Dragon decks to play with for Synchro Summoning.

The original wording would've allowed this card to summon any Dragon-Type monster of your choosing, although BT had changed it to a Level 7 or lower thing for some reason.

Although yes, it is Ancient Fairy (and Pixie) support and certainly makes bringing it out a bit easier.

The text on the card and the text that BT fixed are two different things. The level restrict I added in whilst setting up the thread, spur of the moment type thing. BT didn't add it in just on a whim.

Overall, it is a nice little thing for Ancient Fairy support + likely some extra toys for Dragon decks to play with for Synchro Summoning.

Good! That's what I was going for. Not super competitive, but useful in it's little niche. 

Thanks for the review!

Nothing against the card itself. The summon condition is good and fetches good stuff for certain archetypes without getting too messy. (Kozmo might like it actually: summoning it off Farmgirl and turning it into goodwitch makes AFD and knocks out a couple of copies of town really quick). One thing I noticed is that the text contradicts the image: The image has the Field Spell effect as "If...you can", and the text has it as "When...you can." I'm going to assume that you intended the effect to be "If...you can" since makes for an altogether stronger effect.

If I read it correctly from his last reply, TC had a change of heart and modified the effect initially. (I might've not read it, as I based my CnC off of the card pic)

The Field Spell effect is an optional effect, so using "if" would be needed here; "when" signifies a MANDATORY effect.

(Although Konami hasn't been consistent with their wordings lately). BT's the one who fixed it however.

So yeah, Renegade, Field Spell effect was fine initially (you had the "if" wording, which gives you a choice on triggering).

If you need further references for OCG, you can use Zazu's guide at the top of this section.

I remember Fairy dragon. Sadly it really was absolutely no good at all. I think it's so fun that you have decided to re-create this card. I thought it was one I was never likely to see again.

I  like it's effect as stated above this thing is pretty good support for Ancient Fairy Dragon, I also like how it kind of works in a different way to most cards, as usually its the little guy  getting Special Summoned but with these kind of stats I really don't think that should be a problem. Was there any other dragons you was thinking would support this card?

Also when you say activate from deck  do you mean like Search and play immediately so it is still in your field card zone? Whichever it is I do think an activation of a Field Spell from deck  is a pretty strong effect but I do like the thought of synergy into this card.

Archived