Chaos Matrix

deathdragonv2

Okay so this is something a little different. I think its clear to see what it tries to do and I guess its pretty abusable in certain decks but I think  its pretty fun. I'd love to hear what you guys think - if you think its too strong or needs to be weaker, I'd like to know how you think  it  should be edited.

zi0ZpgQ.jpg

1 Light and 1 Dark Monster with different levels.
Cannot be destroyed by battle by a monster that is not Light or Dark. Cannot be targeted for card effects if you control a monster that must first Special Summoned by Banishing 1 Light and 1 Dark monster from your graveyard. You can send this card to the graveyard, to Special Summon a Level 8 Light or Dark monster from your Main Deck ignoring its summoning conditions.

So, obviously this is a Chaos support (though you could easily tell that from the name). I'll try and fix the OCG a little. 

"1 LIGHT monster + 1 DARK monster

The Fusion Materials used to Fusion Summon this card must have different Levels. Cannot be destroyed by battle with a FIRE, EARTH, WIND, WATER or DIVINE monster. If you control a monster whose Special Summoning conditions require banishing 1 LIGHT monster and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard, this card cannot be targeted by card effects. During your turn, you can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon one Level 8 LIGHT or DARK monster from your Main Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions." 

As a Chaos support, I can't see this being used for anything other than getting a BLS, as there's no other real Chaos monsters you'd really be using that satisfy the requirement. If you've already summoned your BLS and haven't got it back into your main deck, this card is pretty much dead. However, if you've got your BLS in your deck, I'd still say that the only way this trumps actually having a BLS and fulfilling its summoning condition is if you don't have a BLS in your hand, but then you'd have to count on having a Polymerisation/Fusion Gate in your hand or on the field, which isn't really beneficial to Chaos. If you had Chaos Sorcerer on the field already whilst your opponent controls one monster, then summoned this and got BLS out, then used the two monsters you put in the graveyard to summon this to summon another Chaos Sorcerer, that's 5300 points of damage for practically no cost at all apart from hand advantage, but then again that's being put to incredibly efficient use. I doubt that you'd keep this on the field long enough for it to be battled, if I'm honest. I do like that you've limited it to main deck, because nobody likes a free Beelze/Mefist. However, you need to slam a cost and/or a Once Per Turn clause on this, because Call of the Haunted, etc. is a thing. 

Otherwise, I do like that you've thought hard about a competitive Chaos support, I'd just appreciate some consideration about making it balanced. Also, I don't really see how the picture and name go together, but that's just me being persnickety.

+ Definitely competitive (IMO)

+ Limiting it to Main Deck means you're not taking the mick with which monsters you're summoning

- Pretty broken; try to add a cost and/or a OPT

Ah okay, thank you very much for the detailed critique, initially it was an XYZ but it seemed A little too easy to pull out  and abuse to ridiculous levels. I know its not particularly hard to get one light and one dark monster with different levels on the field/in hand but there are certainly some decks that just will not be able to do it with really any consistency at all. I felt like the main Deck was just a sensible requirement to pull out. The  initial idea was to mainly help with a BLS powerplay considering how a lot of the time you wont even see it  but then I also wanted to branch out. But I do understand its effect is a little strong that's why I made it a POLY fusion with no named monsters and it tributes itself. How about this as an effect?

1 LIGHT monster + 1 DARK monster

This card cannot be summoned unless you have at least 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your graveyard.The Fusion Materials used to Fusion Summon this card must have different Levels. Once per Duel,during your turn; you can send this card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon one Level 8 LIGHT or DARK monster from your Main Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Archived