Lemuria, the Forgotten City

300px-LemuriatheForgottenCity-ABYR-EN-C-

Effect:

This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can have all WATER monsters you currently control gain Levels equal to the number of WATER monsters you currently control, until the End Phase.

This card is really one of my favourite Field Spells, and I love the way it can make low Level monsters suddenly into high Rank Xyz.

So I was thinking, how about this in Burgesstoma? It could be incredibly useful for expanding their Extra Deck away from the relatively small Rank 2 pool, giving them very easy access to Rank 4s and higher.

It also makes Anomalocaris a hefty 2600 ATK, as well as allowing them to make a 2400 ATK Abyss Dweller.

Other engines, such as the Frogs and Nimbles, work nicely with it as well.

Any thoughts?

Too bad that despite the Level modifying effect being an ignition effect, it disappears if Lemuria leaves the field. I would be willing to slap a copy on top of the other to further increase their Levels otherwise and have fun with Galaxy Destroyer or something. If this gets reprinted at some point they should specify "for as long as this card is face-up" because it is not intuitive that it works the way it works as is.

Definitely still a fun card, and if you use it in something like Nimbles you can definitely make use of this to the max with +5 Level boosts. 

Archived