Power Rangers Reboot

Face McShooty

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be fan-made, especially since the stuff revealed about the movie so far implies the first film is an Avengers-like reimagining of "Day of the Dumpster."

Also, it's not a reboot. It's an alternate continuity. The original series universe is still ongoing.

I only put it as a reboot because that's what I've read it's called

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The staff behind this movie seem to understand the series pretty well.

The suits are alien-like, with a mystical feel as well, which the original suits were; merging magic (Power Coins) and technology (Morphers.)

Which brings me to the Iron Man comparisons. It makes sense. Mighty Morphin always had technology vs. magic themes.

The staff behind this movie seem to understand the series pretty well.

The suits are alien-like, with a mystical feel as well, which the original suits were; merging magic (Power Coins) and technology (Morphers.)

Which brings me to the Iron Man comparisons. It makes sense. Mighty Morphin always had technology vs. magic themes.

what about Rita's new suit?

Well, that and the subject which they, and the thread, revolve around; I don't quite get it.

Power Rangers, the old 90's TV show/movie

But it's not... this suit, or something similar

Tumblr_n33hmx587W1rxbov4o1_500.jpg

It's modernized.  That's the only real difference.  She's still a powerful sorceress.  

Also, I CAN'T funking WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE.  Though, I heard JDF (Jason David Frank, the original Green Ranger) was supposed to be involved.  Any truth to that?  Is he expected to shown up as the Green Ranger?  CUZ I NEED IT.

Though, I heard JDF (Jason David Frank, the original Green Ranger) was supposed to be involved.  Any truth to that?  Is he expected to shown up as the Green Ranger?  CUZ I NEED IT.

this is a quote from him at one of the Wizard World conventions about the subject

“I probably will be. I’ve been in contact,” Frank said. “I can’t confirm anything, but I’ve been in contact.”

this is a quote from him at one of the Wizard World conventions about the subject

PLS PLS PLS I would not be able to contain myself.  Huge JDF fan.  What villain besides Rita do you guys think we'll see?  Hopefully Zed?  :D

• 1 month later...

I think things looked pretty cool even before this most recent news, but if there's a list of actors that'll make me go see something by dint of their presence alone, Bryan Cranston is definitely on that list.

He's come full circle. Also, TIL that Billy Cranston, the Blue Ranger, is actually named after Bryan Cranston.

Archived