Power Rangers Reboot

Face McShooty

The article he linked was 7 years ago, meanwhile there's more recent stuff like this. And maybe this is just me being half glass full, but the single line he brought up seemed to be in a more joking manner, given the context.

Amy Jo Johnson asked him about that article, his response

https://twitter.com/david_yost/status/745683388850311169

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems stubborn. Even if Cranston was being serious all those years ago, he's changed now, and Yost refuses to do the same. Like, he's been called out (by another Power Ranger, no less) on using such an outdated article with a minor line, in the face of more recent stuff that's entirely about the subject in question, but wants to save face.

Well it'll be mostly the same song, I imagine, but there's no way there's not going to be a newer remix, so you will probably be disappointed.

If you jinx this for me, I'll never forgive you for it.  I will funking haunt you.  And right now I'm so God damn angry that you would say something so obnoxious that it makes me despise you all the more.  That funking theme song better not be changed.

I don't see how that is obnoxious, it's the expected, essentially mandatory, outcome. You want them to pull out the old 90's cd and just plug that in to the movie? Don't be ridiculous.

No.  Don't be a troll.  They can easily recreate the 90's theme with heavier guitar.  You don't need to change the funking instrumental at all.  Or do you not know how music works?  All they need to do is add bass, keep the strums the same and adjust the pitch.  They don't need a funking remix.

They don't need a funking remix.

They can easily recreate the 90's theme with heavier guitar. ... All they need to do is add bass, keep the strums the same and adjust the pitch.

How am I the troll here? You know what a remix is, right? You and I have the same sort of thing in mind, I'm not saying they'd change the song completely or anything.

How am I the troll here? You know what a remix is, right? You and I have the same sort of thing in mind, I'm not saying they'd change the song completely or anything.

Because typically in a funking remix you change the song altogether.  You don't just add base or adjust pitch.

• 3 weeks later...

So SDCC image below...

vhfSlkU.jpg

Everyone I've talked to says it looks similar to Guyver atm...and I'm like "DA FUQ IS WRONG WITH THE MORPHERS?!" O.O

Seriously! Right now it sorta looks like a freakin' fossilized amber...

I think this is funking fantastic.  Excited to see what other creative changes they have.

I think this is f***ing fantastic.  Excited to see what other creative changes they have.

I just hope they aren't drastic, like Alpha (if he's in it) should look similar to what he did before, now I understand they updated the PR suits so if Alpha is in it, he will get an update I just hope it's not outrageous

Archived