Lightning Hawk

Nine Breaker

So let me get this straight.

You made a monster that can explicitly attack during your opponent's turn.

As it stands right now, it breaks one of the usual standards from Yugioh.

You can battle during the opponent's turn, but not explicitly attack.

In practice, it would help get rid of another monster, but in this day and age, most monsters are likely going to be over the limit for this card to strike down.

That, and being a Tribute monster doesn't offer it much help.

-----

I suppose you could change it to a direct attacker instead; it'll still have the speed factor, but won't mess up game mechanics.

You might have to lower the damage output if so (since 2050 damage is still a lot).

Yea. This is one of the stranger card ideas. I wanted to see if it could be done since it would be unique (well at least to me. I don't know how many others have made something similar) but I guess it's too much of a rule breaker?

I was thinking that if the opponent enters his Battle Phase then Hawk would attack first. Maybe I should change it to 'If the opponent's monster declares an attack' so players don't think they can just attack on the opponent's turn whenever they feel like after Main Phase 1.

As far as I know this would be the first card to have such an effect and since it gives a middle finger to some of the game mechanics I went in the direction to make him more under powered.

If the effect currently is no good, you've given me an idea with direct attack that'll work within the rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived