Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Well, I mean, it'll be added to a queue.

Among the list of things I'm waiting to do:

A new final boss for the "Stardust" archetype, given that we haven't accepted Sifr or Quasar, and Blazar doesn't support the new playstyle I've helped the archetype develop

8 "Hand" cards- yes, exactly 8, and one of them essentially gives them back (a better version of) Giant Hand, given that we had to bar it on grounds of it being a Number

A new Batteryman card or two

A legitimate "Warrior" Synchro for Stardust Warrior to float into, besides the other two Warriors within Stardust- even though Junk could just add its bit in, Junk as an archetype may be a bit . . . wide-reaching. Junk and Jet Warrior would also be the only added targets, anyway.

Edit to answer Eshai's question:

Official archetypes come from the Game, and are accepted without question- although if someone in the group catches something stupid, you have to edit the offending card(s).

You can request to add your own personal archetypes, and one vote from any other member is enough to get it in.

Konami-made cards, or cards made by other non-AGM folks, follow the following process:

●Any card not specifically barred from AGM by pure function (being Link support/anti-support, or a Number) is a direct 1-for-1.

●Any series (a defined group of cards without a piece of defined support that works for a sufficiently large group of them by name) requires 2 votes- two members- to either add or remove it.

●Any archetype (a group of cards with an archetype name, and support designed around that name) requires 3 members to be added or removed.

●Super-archetypes, which contain 2 or fewer sub-archetypes, require 4.

●Umbrella archetypes, which have 3 or more other archetypes in their bloated belly, require 5 votes, meaning that half the AGM would need to work together to get HERO, Synchron, or Performapal in.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matadors. Name by Sakura and concept by Nyx Avatar

"Archetype of DARK Warrior-Type monsters. They can all Summon each other fairly easy in a similar fashion to Legendary Six Samurai, but they all have an effect that allows them to negate attacks, whether it be once while they're face-up on the field, or by paying a cost like 500 Life Points. The Xyz Monsters are stronger and negate attacks by detaching Xyz Materials instead."

It seems like an interesting enough concept. Could I do Ritual Pendulum Spell Counters first though? It's coming along nicely.

Oh, I just realized the silly reason I hadn't added Chthonian Alliance before- a goofy OTK. Yeah.

You see, "Numerix-072: Hegemon of the Stars" is a very unique card, for a few reasons, but tl;dr it's a Rank 9 with an instant win condition requiring there to be 12 cards with the name "Numerix-072: Hegemon of the Stars" on the field. How the flying Shapesnatch are you accomplishing that absurd goal? Well, once per turn, it can target any card on the field and turn it into "Numerix-072: Hegemon of the Stars" in name only. It can't be killed by another card with the same name as itself, and if a card with its name destroys a card(s) on the field, that card(s) comes back with the great name of the Hegemon. This means that you can (just to name an example) Summon Scarlight, turn Scarlight into Hegemon, Hegemon and Scarlight survive, and everything else Scarlight killed is revived as another "copy" of the Hegemon in name only.

Combine that with Chthonian Alliance, and suddenly the Hegemon is an unmitigated beatstick that can OTK beyond all manner of belief, instawin not required.

However, I've come off my paranoid cloud and realized that no sane human being would ever even attempt this.

So here's my "interpretation" of Matadors (this will be a stretch). They aren't going to be Warriors. Instead, they're going to be Machines and Beasts, being backwards of the usual man riding a mechanical bull in a bar.

The Machines will all have effects similar to Marauding Captain, but also have an ability to Special Summon the Beasts to the opponent's side of the field.

The Beasts all have to attack, if able, and if they don't they're destroyed. They also all have Sangan trigger effects so that when they're sent from the field to the GY you get something off of them.

The XYZ will be a Bullrider that must attack ALL monsters if able, but it cannot attack directly. It'll be a Beast Warrior combination of the Bull and the Rider. It will also be able to do something when it destroys a monster by battle, like gain ATK permanently or something of that sort, and if it doesn't attack it loses 1 Xyz material or if it doesn't have any it's destroyed. (I'll probably make another one that protects your monsters)

All at the same time, I'm going to reference famous Matadors and Bullriders because whatever.

Alright nm about the Pendulum Ritual Spell Counters first. I'm already almost done with the Written of the Matador Archetype.

I mean, you can technically deviate from the prompt if it's necessary to make it Advanced-tier because yeah, a lot of the prompts in there do border on being Casual level or otherwise unworkable in a fast-paced meta / too many gimmicks. HOWEVER, you do need to retain some of the original flavor in the prompt. Not sure why the Machine/Beast thing; latter is understandable because obviously bulls, unless you intend for them to be robotic riders.

The YCM project had a much different prompt, but I changed it because it was not up to standard and it's compounded on Rituals being crapped on. So yeah, I retained the Ritual part, but then it became "YCM Nekroz", which isn't bad but yeah.... That, and I did something different for HRC (no, this is not the presidential candidate that should've been in office) as opposed to certain things Draco left in the original prompt based on what I had in mind for the Archetype when I drafted the name.

(Previous one was flawed for being an AoJ-expy.)

I wanted to capitalize more on the name. I kept the attack negation in the form of constant effects, because I didn't want it to be as easy to do and because attack declaration still counts as attacking.

I wanted to add Beasts because Matadors should have Bulls to combat against.

I have made some of them with effects similar to Six Samurais, but only 2 out of the 6 main deck monsters I've made.

I didn't really change it because it was incapable of working, but I changed it so it could have more of a style of play thats more linear to the idea of a Matador.

I also just thought it would be funny to make the Matador into Machines. Thought it would also make sense irl since many people have had early graves in the line of work. I did keep the DARK part though.

Idk. Maybe I did stretch it a bit TOO far, but I wanted to emphasize on what the deck was trying to achieve rather than do exactly what the prompt said. I think I'll have to post it then see if there's anything I can do to bring it back to it's roots.

Sometimes you may have to stretch a bit as opposed to sticking to the prompt 100%. Yes, we can read the prompt but there's a balance between trying to keep it to the original theme while also making it competent enough to survive the metagame and go in Advanced.

(And yeah, I came up with the name Matador because "Correo de los Toros / Running of the Bulls" was coming up shortly after.)

To be fair, I did make a Matador archetype that works similarly to how actual bullfights work (setup and everything), but not posting it because it's too situational and counter effects are borderline. Supposed to be used by a fanfic character who comes from Spain (which makes a lot of sense). That was before this prompt was made, so...you can do whatever.

In no particular order:

Myself

Tinkerer

Nyx

Sakura

Dova

Tojin

GarlandChaos

Champion0

Octosquid

Eshai

10 current members, and 4 removed members (that did things), if I remember correctly- MetalSonic, Talim Rave (gave me the idea of the Generics Project), Trebuchet, and one other member whose name I've forgotten.

In no particular order:

Myself

Tinkerer

Nyx

Sakura

Dova

Tojin

GarlandChaos

Champion0

Octosquid

Eshai

10 current members, and 4 removed members (that did things), if I remember correctly- MetalSonic, Talim Rave (gave me the idea of the Generics Project), Trebuchet, and one other member whose name I've forgotten.

jackelgull

Made a couple of Numerix cards, maybe at least one project, and then just stopped.

Should be fun to see what you come up with.

Right...and Chaos Synchro may be ready for posting once stuff is finalized; though it's mostly Synchros that either do not exist in the AGM or some other stuff. May need to add a few based on actual stuff in here, and should be okay.

====

Also, make FIRE Level 5 Synchro and I can close off HRC.

Well, get to that, so I can get to giving them the support that deserve after MS is done with his mass review.

Anyway, here's a quick reminder of who is up on the chopping block for possible addition to the AGM (remember, Octosquid, Eshai, because you're members now, you have votes):

Gusto (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)

Laval, bar Chain (2/3 - Draconus, Sakura)

Inzektor (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)

Mecha Phantom Beast, bar Raiten (1/3 - Sakura)

Prediction Princess (1/3 - Draconus)

Subterror, bar Apparition (1/3 - Draconus)

Cyber Angels (1/3 - Draconus)

Junk (1/4 - Draconus)

Why bar Raiten? The only thing it has Link related is a restriction that doesn't allow Linking. If you didn't notice I'm voting for Mecha Phantom Beasts. I'd really like for Mecha Phantom Beasts to work. Honestly, all they need is a Quick-Play Spell that Special Summons 2 Mecha Phantom Beast tokens with a Summoning clause that restricts Special Summoning except for themselves, and possibly a OPT clause.

Otherwise, I'd have to go with Gusto just for being a fun deck to play against Blue Eyes. 

Why bar Raiten? The only thing it has Link related is a restriction that doesn't allow Linking. If you didn't notice I'm voting for Mecha Phantom Beasts. I'd really like for Mecha Phantom Beasts to work. Honestly, all they need is a Quick-Play Spell that Special Summons 2 Mecha Phantom Beast tokens with a Summoning clause that restricts Special Summoning except for themselves, and possibly a OPT clause.

Otherwise, I'd have to go with Gusto just for being a fun deck to play against Blue Eyes. 

I told him to just disregard that Raiten even mentions Links in its effect; taking that out, it would work the exact same way if it were released in the ARC-V era. But yeah, that technically is the new glue card for them right now until they get more ED to work with. I can't trust Konami to make competent stuff without them going to butter up other Decks that shouldn't be getting things.

(Unless that fact that said Link restriction exists in the effect that's causing its exclusion.)

Then again, they sort of have Coltwing for multiple Tokens, but you need another MPB out on a SS. Draco and Jaculuslan are fine; Concoruda is somewhat iffy. (Though, if these get the full approval, I might toss in a bunch of ED that I made).

====

Also note to self, go tiebreak the championship match for Leaderboard Postseason because Dova/AEZ/Belle decided to make MPB Links.

Well, get to that, so I can get to giving them the support that deserve after MS is done with his mass review.

Anyway, here's a quick reminder of who is up on the chopping block for possible addition to the AGM (remember, Octosquid, Eshai, because you're members now, you have votes):

Gusto (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)

Laval, bar Chain (2/3 - Draconus, Sakura)

Inzektor (2/3 - Sakura, Draconus)

Mecha Phantom Beast, bar Raiten (1/3 - Sakura)

Prediction Princess (1/3 - Draconus)

Subterror, bar Apparition (1/3 - Draconus)

Cyber Angels (1/3 - Draconus)

Junk (1/4 - Draconus)

My vote goes to all of these. I either like all of these (especially Prediction Princess, Gusto, and Subterror) or am okay with them.

I can vouch for Ancient One.

Oh, yeah, and the reason behind barring Raiten is that it mentions Links in its card text. It's the same reason I'm not putting "Legacy of Yata-Garasu" in the AGM- it mentions Spirits, a mechanic which does not yet exist in the card pool. Since we do not, nor will we ever, permit Links, Raiten mentions a gameplay mechanic which does not exist from this perspective.

It'd be like if Konami made a card for Level 11 Plant-Type Synchro monsters- we'd all be sitting there waiting for the other shoe to drop.

With this round of votes, we have accepted "Gusto", "Laval" (except "Lavalval Chain"), "Inzektor", "Mecha Phantom Beast" (except ""Mecha Phantom Beast Raiten"), and "Prediction Princess".

Remaining are "Junk" (2/4 - Draconus, Nyx), "Subterror", bar "Subterror Apparition" (2/3 - Draconus, Nyx), and "Cyber Angel" (2/3 - Draconus, Nyx)

Archived