Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Black Luster has arrived  ^.^  Rituals have (a little) more support now.

I think I'm finished with it for the time being, but I might add a couple spells/traps later. 

I think I'll work on Water Lily and Sealed Knights next. It's gonna be a while before I finish them though, since I have other responsibilities to attend to. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know when you think you forgot something important but then don't care until it's too late?

Swordsingers has a Link monster as it's boss. That's really important. Not for the fact that it doesn't care about levels, or it enables more Extra Deck Summoning. The important part was that it couldn't be flipped face-down because they have no DEF stat, which means the Equips would be immune to Drowning Mirror Force and the such.

All of that for nothing. :(

Guess I'll continue making Evil HEROes (if you don't have support in the AGM it doesn't matter because everything except Dark Fusion and Dark Calling was trash anyway and probably won't see play ever)

Side note I'm working on a Game Concept that I think I've made pretty interesting from a mechanics stand point. I'll probably put a link here in an hour or 2.

Yeah. I mean, we allowed Subterrors in and just scratched their Link. We can do the same for Swordsingers. That, or convert their boss into a Synchro or a Contact Fusion, and give it a clause that keeps it face-up (This face-up monster cannot be flipped face-down).

Easy fix.

Also, turns out I miscounted. My Legacy thread has precisely 291 cards, 1 more than I thought I'd made.

Also, regarding Evil HERO, it's not like it's exactly a big deal to just import the stuff they had. Three votes. EZPZ. Then, they get Body Shifter, the archetypal King of the Swamp I made them for Christmas.

Fire Fist/Formation (2/3 - Sakura, Eshai)

Evil HERO [and necessary Material cards] (2/3 - Eshai, Draconus)

Infernity (1/3 - Eshai)

Removing Dragon Rulers (1/2 - Draconus)

Your Main Deck must be at least 2/5 monsters (16 monsters minimum), and at least 3/4 if your Main and 2/3 of your Extra Deck monsters must be WIND-Attribute (10 WIND in the ED if it's full, minimum 12 WIND monsters in the Main Deck).

These are the adjusted ratios after the shitshow that was the FIRE challenge.

I'll vote to kick Dragon Rulers out so we don't have to worry about our archetypes abusing them.

Can we add Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir?

Oh yeah, does anyone have any past deck challenge decks or just decks made with the AGM card pool? It'd be nice to see them as examples and get a feel of what cross-archetype combos and interactions you guys came up with. 

Psychic Dragons don't care about Rulers, Firefighters only really want Tidal anyway, MPB would appreciate the WIND one for Rank 7 help and IDK about the EARTH one. (I suppose you can errata them, or we add True Draco in their place; those are supposed to be "balanced" Rulers)

But sure on Enterblathnir.

Notable Decks for the Deck Challenge have thus far mostly been "check out this busted card/combo with Generics", although Eshai made a decent Blistersmith Deck, and back when the challenge was relatively new Tinkerer made a solid Reptile R4 build using primarily Sorcery Hydras and Fungal Serpents, although he did suggest using Vigilizards (specifically, Privateer, who can be SS'd from your hand during either player's turn if a card gets banished for any reason).

Also, anyone wanting to try the WIND challenge might want to look at my Legacy thread, because I did make support for Stardust Dragon (giving it more of an archetype, including an actual Main Deck) and a couple odd Dragunity cards.

This is also likely the last Deck Challenge where making Disasterman won't require stretching harder than Mr. Fantastic.

Also, almost forgot: Speedroids?

Here is my attempt at the monthly challenge. I had trouble finding some WIND monsters (especially ones with Summon effects).

Monster Cards

3x Petit Moth Princess

3x Moth Princess Viscountess

3x Lunar Moth Princess

3x Malicious Moth Princess

3x Priestess of the Moth Princess

2x Incredibly Disturbing Wasp

3x Flying Kamakiri # 1

3x Moth Princess Minion

Spell Cards

3x Moth Princess Glow

3x Moth Princess Forest

3x D.D. Tempest

1x Terraforming

Trap Cards

3x Moth Princess Malice

3x Moth Princess in the Flame

3x Solemn Strike

1x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1x Numerix-073: Malicious Marionette

1x Gagaga Cowboy

3x Gale Paladin

3x Numeral Crusader

3 x Numerix-080: Spellbound Owl

3x Numerix-065: Velocity Controller

Yeah. I mean, we allowed Subterrors in and just scratched their Link. We can do the same for Swordsingers. That, or convert their boss into a Synchro or a Contact Fusion, and give it a clause that keeps it face-up (This face-up monster cannot be flipped face-down).

Easy fix.

Also, turns out I miscounted. My Legacy thread has precisely 291 cards, 1 more than I thought I'd made.

Also, regarding Evil HERO, it's not like it's exactly a big deal to just import the stuff they had. Three votes. EZPZ. Then, they get Body Shifter, the archetypal King of the Swamp I made them for Christmas.

Fire Fist/Formation (2/3 - Sakura, Eshai)

Evil HERO [and necessary Material cards] (2/3 - Eshai, Draconus)

Infernity (1/3 - Eshai)

Removing Dragon Rulers (1/2 - Draconus)

I'll give my vote for Evil HERO and Fire Fist/Formation. Don't like Fire Fist, but I like the Fire Formation Spell Cards. And I do like Evil HERO a little. It'd be nice to make some legacy support for them. Though, while we're at it, could put Destiny HERO up for vote, too?

Sure, why not.

Would give us an excuse to make better legacy HEROs than that one guy in my section who themes them off himself. 

(I would add Elemental HEROs on there too, but at that point, you might as well add the entire HERO archetype in general if it isn't already here [and Dark Law has some backlash].)

====

Though, if Nyx's vote makes it the 3rd to let the Fire Fist stuff in, then it helps a few other Decks in the process.

Sure, why not.

Would give us an excuse to make better legacy HEROs than that one guy in my section who themes them off himself. 

(I would add Elemental HEROs on there too, but at that point, you might as well add the entire HERO archetype in general if it isn't already here [and Dark Law has some backlash].)

====

Though, if Nyx's vote makes it the 3rd to let the Fire Fist stuff in, then it helps a few other Decks in the process.

Agreed. While it does get rather boring seeing Elemental HERO support over, and over, and over again on the site, their addition to the club would make it easier for some of the other HERO monsters to function (mainly Evil and Masked). Especially with Shadow Mist.

And yeah. My vote was for Fire Fist.

I might as well add Evil HEROs too, considering Eshai kinda jumped the gun on it too (and that other kid). They really do need some legacy support since Konami sheet on them after GX because "oh evil Jaden/Judai phase; no need to support them after Season 3". 

But on a note about that other member who posts HERO stuff, I honestly do not see why he has to auto include the Nomi clause. A lot of the HEROs we have now are tame compared to the crap we have now that don't have restrictions. Well, that and some other weird designs; but I'll stop here before this ends up being anymore unethical than it needs to be. 

Well, given that I made Body Shifter in my gift thread last year, Evil HEROs don't have too many problems with getting their Fusion Spells. What did Eshai make, again?

Evil HERO Body Shifter

DARK - Level 6 - Fiend/Effect - 2200/1800

This monster can substitute any Fusion Material for the Summon of a "Evil HERO" Fusion monster. During each Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Reveal 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card in your hand; All cards of the same name as that card can be treated as "Dark Fusion" until the end of the turn.

●Add 1 "Dark Fusion" or "Dark Calling" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

I might as well add Evil HEROs too, considering Eshai kinda jumped the gun on it too (and that other kid). They really do need some legacy support since Konami sheet on them after GX because "oh evil Jaden/Judai phase; no need to support them after Season 3".

But on a note about that other member who posts HERO stuff, I honestly do not see why he has to auto include the Nomi clause. A lot of the HEROs we have now are tame compared to the crap we have now that don't have restrictions. Well, that and some other weird designs; but I'll stop here before this ends up being anymore unethical than it needs to be.

I guess just to keep with the theme or flavor of the older ones, kind of like what Absolute Zero and The Shining for example.

Well, given that I made Body Shifter in my gift thread last year, Evil HEROs don't have too many problems with getting their Fusion Spells. What did Eshai make, again?

Evil HERO Body Shifter

DARK - Level 6 - Fiend/Effect - 2200/1800

This monster can substitute any Fusion Material for the Summon of a "Evil HERO" Fusion monster. During each Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:

●Reveal 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card in your hand; All cards of the same name as that card can be treated as "Dark Fusion" until the end of the turn.

●Add 1 "Dark Fusion" or "Dark Calling" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

I think it's fine. Last effect is a bit iffy, but considering the Fusion Monsters Evil HERO has, and how rather inconsistent the archetype was, I'd say it's okay.

Archived