Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, by the way Nyx, you still haven't done the text fix on the Prysm monsters. As is, they don't work. Here's that corrected effect text again for you to copy paste:

If this monster is attacked, you can return this card you control to your hand to Special Summon 1 "Prysm" monster from your hand, and if you do: Halve the opposing monster's ATK, also the Summoned monster gains ATK equal to that lost ATK and half the ATK this monster had on the field, until the end of the Battle Phase. Then, the attacking monster continues its attack, targeting the monster Summoned by this effect.

If this monster is attacked: You can return this card you control to the hand; Special Summon 1 "Prysm" monster from your hand, and if you do, halve the opposing monster's ATK, then also the Summoned monster gains ATK equal to that lost ATK and half the ATK this monster had on the field until the end of the Battle Phase. The Summoned monster becomes the new attack target. 

====

More cleaning for that effect, but yeah, (trigger): Action; what happens if you do it. Breaking it into two pieces because otherwise it'll look like a shitty run-on sentence. Konami has done this a few times.

====

You may have to directly quote him to get attention. As for other users in here, you can use the Series 10 grammar for your stuff; there is no rule barring you from doing so.

Oh, by the way Nyx, you still haven't done the text fix on the Prysm monsters. As is, they don't work. Here's that corrected effect text again for you to copy paste:

If this monster is attacked, you can return this card you control to your hand to Special Summon 1 "Prysm" monster from your hand, and if you do: Halve the opposing monster's ATK, also the Summoned monster gains ATK equal to that lost ATK and half the ATK this monster had on the field, until the end of the Battle Phase. Then, the attacking monster continues its attack, targeting the monster Summoned by this effect.

By the way, have you checked my entry for the monthly challenge? It's been a while since I've done one of these, so I want to see if everything's okay or if I'm missing something.

I mean I did an overview of the skeleton he made, but otherwise, you did most of the helping (tbh I think there's a such thing as TOO much help)

Anyone if you guys don't know what I've been doing I've been making an archetype called "Affinfinity" which are kinda sorta opposites of Infernities. Inspired by Kyumi's Attriwitches, I'm having a Deck full of mechanics that has your opponent drawing cards and decreasing the hand size limit. The Field Spell has both player's discarding cards for their hand size limits on both turns, meaning you can get them to draw a bunch of cards on your turn, and then they have to discard them. It also banishes any cards sent from the hand to your opponent's GY, so RIP Dark Worlds and Fabled. Probably going to add a condition to make it more archetype exclusive.

In that case, I might as well do the challenge myself considering that the core of it is built from my stuff. But yeah, cannot keep pushing them all the way; eventually he'll have to do it on his own. You and I gave him a general core to work on, but rest is up to him.

Still working on stuff on the side; I really should post it, but it's far from what I'd like.

Actually, Nyx, I did check. I like how you brought in Incredibly Disturbing Wasp, our unique little handtrap.

For anyone not familiar with it, Incredibly Disturbing Wasp is a Level 2 Insect-Type with 1400/0 stats that can be discarded from your hand to negate any card that would add 1 or more cards to a player's hand, even as cost. However, if IDW itself is negated, or if it negated something it can't destroy (like, say, a Graveyard effect), it SS's itself from the Graveyard.

Given that Moth Princesses are a high-Level archetype for the most part, a card like that can basically just go "not only do I negate your search or draw, but if you stop me, I get Tribute fodder!", which I think is a really neat use for it.

I'm looking over it.

1 of my cards is a bit generic. I don't think it'll be too much of a problem since the card is kinda crap in any other Deck, but I'd like to ask if this kind of card would be ok for AGM.

Through Affinfinity

Quick-play - Spell

Your opponent draws 2 cards, and if they do, end the current phase.

Because most players set Spell/Traps during the Main Phase 2 it could be pretty versatile, you can also end the Battle Phase. Pretty sure you can't skip their Draw though, but even then that would be pretty worthless since they would already Draw 2 cards.

Looking at the card (thank god it's a Trap) but seriously I'm going to have to pay attention to cards like this and Appropriate now I think about it. Idk if it would break the cards, but I'm pretty sure it won't. Who knows, if it isn't good enough I might give an effect to the Field Spell that's similar to Appropriate.

Doing more looking, there are a few odd cards (mostly just in random archetypes) that have effects similar to Dark Law or anime Zarc- instantly making your opponent discard anything they add to their hand by a card effect. If Through Affinfinity can skip the Draw Phase, you can basically mill your opponent 2 and skip their draw simultaneously.

But yeah, not much is hurting that card in particular, although if it is just basically banish-milling your opponent they might just be used as an engine for Helios, given its AGM-specific support.

Also, they have a couple counters built in, notably in Aeons (BANISH ME. DO IT.), Shiranui (COME ON. DO IT.), Faerie (DO IT DO IT DO IT), and Envious Ogre beatdown (EMPTY MY HAND YOU IDIOT. GIVE ME WHAT I WANT.), at the very least.

Well of course. That comes with testing. There are plenty of Decks that use the GY as well (if not the rest of them). Anyway, Affinfinity is coming along nicely, but if anyone could PM me some ideas of interesting effects that put cards into your opponent's hand or interacts some how with the hand size limit while doing something else that would be cool. This is a rather cool idea and I'd rather not mess it up. 

Note that I haven't been able to find anyone on Duel-Portal (probably haven't been checking at the right times) so that's why the Fossil Dyna edits aren't done yet. I am still doing Ritual Pendulum Spell Counters (probably Endymion support) and Ignition Beasts, but I'm lacking ideas to keep the archetypes interesting and balanced. I am doing Swordsingers (which are now called Lyricarmed) with a Link monster, so that post will probably be a pitch to Draconus to make the AGM have 2 separate formats (1 with Links, 1 w/o) until we give enough of the archetypes a way to use Link Format or until enough Generic Links can be used to support them. 

I have a couple ideas, like a Quantum Chess archetype that uses Pendulums, Links and Zone movement, along with Mecha Phantom Beast and Infernity stuff. There's also some editing I'd like to do with the Tinkerer's Zaprince archetype, but considering the circumstances I'm probably going to do something along the lines of Respect Play as a Field Spell, with an archetype that calls out the cards in your opponent's hand.

Well of course. That comes with testing. There are plenty of Decks that use the GY as well (if not the rest of them). Anyway, Affinfinity is coming along nicely, but if anyone could PM me some ideas of interesting effects that put cards into your opponent's hand or interacts some how with the hand size limit while doing something else that would be cool. This is a rather cool idea and I'd rather not mess it up. 

Note that I haven't been able to find anyone on Duel-Portal (probably haven't been checking at the right times) so that's why the Fossil Dyna edits aren't done yet. I am still doing Ritual Pendulum Spell Counters (probably Endymion support) and Ignition Beasts, but I'm lacking ideas to keep the archetypes interesting and balanced. I am doing Swordsingers (which are now called Lyricarmed) with a Link monster, so that post will probably be a pitch to Draconus to make the AGM have 2 separate formats (1 with Links, 1 w/o) until we give enough of the archetypes a way to use Link Format or until enough Generic Links can be used to support them. 

I have a couple ideas, like a Quantum Chess archetype that uses Pendulums, Links and Zone movement, along with Mecha Phantom Beast and Infernity stuff. There's also some editing I'd like to do with the Tinkerer's Zaprince archetype, but considering the circumstances I'm probably going to do something along the lines of Respect Play as a Field Spell, with an archetype that calls out the cards in your opponent's hand.

If you read the opening post, AGM is a legacy / ARC-V format because Draco doesn't like Links much b/c they caused game to be dramatically modified, Let's go off the member list in order and see how everyone stands. A lot of the notes below come from when we added Cyberse / other cards that didn't mention the EMZ and stuff.

• Draconus: Dislikes due to how this club functions and various other things.
  • Tinkerer: Somewhat positive, as he has made a Link monster at some point in the past.
  • Nyx: I have no clue on him; based on the Cyberse vote, on the fence.
  • Tojin: I have no clue.
  • Sakura/me: Still have concerns about them, but I'm getting used to playing around with design. (Well, I kinda have to be open to them because I run CC.)
  • GarlandChaos: I have no clue on him; also where the hell is he lately?
  • Dova: I made him do an MPB Link for Postseason final, but other than that, idk. Last time we brought up adding them, mild dissent.
  • ChampionZero: At the time we added Cyberse (and only them), adamantly refused. IDK how that is now.
  • Octosquid: IDK, how do you feel about it?
  • Eshai: I think we know the answer; yes.
  • .Belle: Assuming he's fine with LInks too in general.

Or better yet, who in here uses the Standard format tag (and not just Legacy)? We're probably the only ones using Legacy for ARC-V, but it exists for everyone else. (Now if people just respect the tag.)

Sometimes I look at the OP and wonder what to make support for today. Some archetypes need it. Some don't, but I like them anyway so I'm making something for them.

Now that I'm at 291 cards in that thread, though . . . I want to be careful. I want there to be exactly 297 cards in my Legacy thread, at least for a week, just for my own personal satisfaction. So . . . I'm thinking out what to give support to a lot more carefully.

It's been over a month since Tinkerer showed up online; I mean, people have generally been following the rules in the game thread and he hasn't been needed to settle stuff. But yeah, if he's gone for any longer (Draco can decide on how long this needs to be before taking action), yeah. Assume that either schoolwork, he got caught in Harvey/Irma (and no internet) or something else happened.

Still have some generics that I need to port over, though again, mostly constrained to ED stuff at the moment.

====

This is mostly for the newer members in here (because rest of us more/less said stuff in the past), but how do you guys feel about the game right now?

What do you mean by game? Do you mean how do we feel about Links, or do you mean something else. (I know I'm not in yet, I was just curious what Sakura meant.)

Link format, since AGM is basically a legacy thing inside it now. (Out of fairness, we do have SOME VRAINS stuff in here, but only things that do not mention the Extra Monster Zone or Link Monsters/Summoning.)

Konami should've addressed those concerns if they cared about the playerbase.

====

I still have some gripes about Links themselves (and Konami's need to reformat the field for this), but they'll probably go away in time. Should post some of the Links I made in the game threads, although not completely satisfied with a few of them.

Though, I do think that certain members in here are still against them (which is understandable). Just realize that eventually Konami is going to retcon a lot of cards to deal with Main Monster Zones and so forth.

<You should know by now the Pachinko Machine company isn't very concerned about losing a player base that's been around for so long>

Anyway, my feelings about Link Format are pretty clear, annoying to a couple Decks that don't have support for the format yet but better in the long term. 

Still working on the archetypes, but I'm getting prepped for college so I might not have as much time as I used to. I do have a 3 day weekend though.

When has Konami / NAS ever cared about their player/viewerbase? 

But yeah, Link format is generally toxic to a bulk of the Decks in here for obvious reasons (ED spam, and Konami not having enough generic Links with markers in the right areas). I suppose that those of us in here who are more amicable to VRAINS can go make a separate thread for ourselves or something.

====

My cardmaking time may be limited too, since two 300-level engineering labs are not fun (and highway design projects in the future; well, minor). We'll see.

I just don't like that Link format amounts to Konami flipping the board and invalidating about a decade or do of design decisions built around using the Extra Deck to have fun. It's basically just loss aversion (you know, that little thing in every mammalian brain that would rather do anything but lose something good it already has) magnified on a grand scale.

So, essentially, we've built the AGM around everything being a good option, and we can't do that in Link Format without giving every archetype and its mother a Link to let it function half as well as it used to, plus a small army of generic Links. And, before you even try to say it can be done, our time would better be spent having actual fun instead of giving some archetypes their own Subterror Apparition- that is, an archetypal Link that does nothing but be a Link, actively hurting the rest of the archetype in the process.

It was pure, unadulterated idiocy, and I won't abide by idiots. Never have, and if I ever do I suggest you shoot me.

In any case, I think we're finally mostly good on Konami's Generics, and anything else we do add will mostly be counters to or support for cards that we end up making. That, and maybe Downbeat.

Yeah, AGM stays ARC-V and that's it. Konami's decisions have turned off a few people here; evil included. Even if I didn't like Links, I still have to know how they function and what constitutes as appropriate design for this format due to being the only guy watching CC. 

(I only mentioned the Link thing as a separate project for ourselves in the event that happens between Eshai, me and whoever else in here who doesn't mind / actually wants to. Or just do it separately.)

====

Can only wonder how Dova felt about having to make one (uh, I think he made two of them for Postseason).

Archived