Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

The NS without Tribute has to do with A the Effect Monsters and B the Spell/Traps. The idea is that it gets them started, but they can't activate their effects until your next turn. So what the Spells/Traps do is they can remove monsters from the Field for short periods for advantage. The LV 3-4 support monsters will be able to support them as well somehow, but I'm not entirely sure how yet. (I didn't say that I had everything figured out from the getgo.

The effects that switch them out is probably going to be for "When this card is Tribute or Special Summoned" effects, but thematically speaking it's supposed to represent the change of seasons, where they loop through themselves like the years passing. I'm probably going to get a bit more creative with how they do this with the lower levels and spells, so this might not exactly do this, but it'll be something like this.

Sakura I'll do Warrior (seems legit)

Nyx I'd prefer to do Wyrm (because it's a cool typing) if you want to be a Dragon, but if you want to be a Fiend I'd rather have it a WATER typing since Winter can be DARK or WATER technically speaking.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already reviewed the cards that are back support to my stuff; maybe bar the most recent. Though, we need to get the other members in here to review stuff he made for theirs. 

So let's see, what have I made legacy support for lately:

• Skateboard Dragons (at least with a new Field Spell and Ritual)
  • Cheetah Racers (some of which Kyumi has used)
  • Mecha Phantom Beasts (well, in the ED department anyway)
  • Phoenix Guardian (albeit only with that Number card I made; can be ported as Numerix-118 later)

I may need to finish up Show Jumpers because quite frankly, it is still incomplete. As for other Archetypes I probably suggested or approved coming in, we'll have to see. We have HEROs now, so tempted to drop Synchro ones because HERO being 100% Fusion is bland (despite what some traditionalist kids say about it). Fire Fists don't need it [and only thing I gave them is a new Synchro; not counting the Link 3]. If I finish the Axis-Diffuse thing in the Synchro game, that counts for something.

Well, as little a surprise as it seems, my favorite number is 3. I design a lot of Level 3/6/9 monsters, and anything with even a mild relation to 3 I'm all over. 3^3 is 27. That simple.

An old friend of mine, who is sadly no longer with us, was one of very few people who ever earned my respect, and as such I multiplied 27 by her favorite number, 11. 297.

Name change history:

• jk233_ultimatemaster: (2/5/2009 - 7/28/2010) Yeah, first/middle initial, think favorite number at the time and something at the end. I don't even remember. This stemmed one of my old nicknames (which I think only Fusion and DL ever used at the time; in terms of members who still exist.)
  • Sakura Haruno: (7/28/2010 - 4/1/2015) Should be self-explanatory; favorite Naruto character. (Only called "Sakura" for the most part)
  • Rai: (4/1/2015; 1:24 - 13:15) This was only because Night did an April Fools prank with me and Rai / swapped names)
  • Icyblue: (4/1/2015; 13:35 - 13:35) Partially filler while I waited for Rai to revert. The name of my predecessor in CC (and probably the only other member from this state; will be funny if I ever run into him someday.)
  • Sakura Haruno (4/1/2015 13:35 - 1/23/2017; 11 pm HST)
  • Flash Flyer - Sakura: (1/23/2017 - present) See Flyer archetype I made, plus Sakura. This also explains the first avatar I used with this name, which is below. 

NvHyJhB.png?1

(I changed avatar to what I have now sometime in June)

Not that it matters, but in case I do get accepted my type and attribute would be LIGHT Zombie. I Don't know why. I mean I've always loved Zombie-types mainly to me being a gothic person anyway, but LIGHT is probably a result of being raised in a Christian home. Also, it's a cool Attribute to go with Zombie.

Kyumi I'm pretty sure you, Octosquid, and I are going to be Spell/Traps (since we're the earliest to join). Don't know who joined before Octosquid

I will give you a Special Summon/Revival effect though, since to my knowledge the only LIGHT Zombie monsters I know of is Spirit of the Pharaoh (also Malevolent Mech - Goku En but nobody cares about him). 

Draco needs 2,000 more to hit the Senior Member rank (5,000), and then another 5,000 to become a Legendary Member (10,000). Oh hell, I was at near 12,000 posts when YCM moved over to IP.Boards in 2010 and that's because Clubs literally padded post count and stuff back then.

Most of you guys will probably have to wait a few years to get a blue name, and even more perks.

[* feelsbad for being only guy in the 30K threshold for a good while right now. *]

That's also a reason for why most guys in my generation are even on page 1; Black and DL had Akatsuki and Chibi Knights for latter. (So yeah, in terms of the active members in here, I pretty eclipse the rest of you by post count alone. Only Black and DL outclass me in post count overall; not counting Rag.)

=====

But veteran pride aside...

RL: Mecha Phantom Beast, HERO, Ice Barrier, 'specters, Zoo (I want to put True Draco here, but they got sheet on lately)

Created: ZPD / Flyers (grouped together because they are functionally identical; sans Zootopia / reindeer stuff), Psychic Dragon

Will need to adjust this later.

Wait, I will be a Special Summonable Trap card? Cool! I've always loved those, and even would like to make an archetype that focuses on only those for the monsters. Should be interesting to play around with. 

====

As for my fav Archetype, I'd probs have to go with D/D/D; Elemental HERO; Shiranui; and possibly Toon; and lastly Frightfurs. 

Out of the ones I've made, Stuffimols and a new one I'm working on Crystal-Eyes are personal favorites.

In terms of my favorite archetype, I've always been one for aggressive playstyles, so things like Red-Eyes, beatdown-focused Blue-Eyes variants, Lunalights, Frightfur, Raidraptors, anything that lets me hit my opponent really hard a bunch of times, either with battle damage or burn, preferably both. I also really, really like Aromas, plus Prediction Princesses and variant Shaddoll Decks, because weird mechanics are fun. While not exactly an archetype, I love A-to-Z, because of the combining aesthetic and the use of Unions, probably my second favorite "offshoot" mechanic to Gemini.

In terms of things I've created, and things I like to draw attention to, they're all in the OP, but . . .

●Fungal Serpents, because I really enjoyed their gimmick, plus they're snakes bring parasitically controlled by fungi. What's not to love?

●Vigilizards, because I've never been more happy to look at a set of cards at the end (although I do believe they need support, I'd be at a loss to tell you what to give them).

●Wyvernite, because it's Gemini and Fusion and dragons and YES.

●Wilonka, because I managed to make a good Tribute Summon archetype without resorting to Monarchs' cheap tricks.

●Tareya, because I've never had more fun with a gimmick before. Like, holy hell that was fun, and the result is an archetype that, if you get it to go off, lets you put a 5500 beater on board- and nine other monsters.

●Spellbound/Mellaxis, because it is the only archetype in YGO history, in the real game and the AGM, with one monster of every single monster Type and Attribute, and it features not 1 but 3 different Summoning mechanics to boot.

Guys. I have leveled up to an Advanced Member. I don't know when this happened, but it is exciting for me. YAY!

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/328183-a-guide-to-ycms-ranking-system/

You hit 150 posts so you got promoted to this. Also means you can actually vote on certain site issues if they arise, because it's limited to members who've been here long enough. Of course, as I told you in status, you'll be an Advanced member for a pretty long time because hitting 5,000 posts here is going to take much longer; and 10,000 itself is essentially my generation (well, anyone from 2010 and earlier for the most part).

(Next one is Seasoned Member at 400 [Eshai just made it here], then Elite Member at 1,000. Senior/Veteran Member opens at 5,000 and yeah, Legendary when you cross into 5-digit post count.)

====

tl;dr, everyone but me is Advanced Member (150 n

I'm technically Legendary Member (well, I made that benchmark long ago).

<Kyumi I meant you were going to be a Spell/Trap that SPECIAL SUMMONS monsters. Trap monsters in an archetype like this would kinda ruin the point of having Spell/Traps, but tbh an archetype with Monsters, Spell Monsters, and Trap Monsters would be pretty cool if you could get it to work.>

Draconus, you are a tough cookie. You seem to like sub-types mechanics (even though that wasn't exactly what I was planning). Is there any particular effects you like? Like gaining attack, searching, protection, etc?

Archived