Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally, in all of our projects I've been our consistency card- AGM Successor Draconus is a self-reviving searcher, and Neo AGM Avenger Dragon King also searches.

But I do love my stat numbers, either boosting my own monsters', or dropping those of my opponent's. My favorite effect negator is Lost Wind, my favorite Xyz monster is Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, and every so often I see if I can get away with Ra or Venoms. Seeing big numbers on my field, or little numbers on my opponent's, is my drug.

Riryoku was the sheet when I was 8, and tbh I like Lost Wind just because it's a really cool take on negation since it's very similar to Breakthrough Skill, but the negation is permanent and comes with stat reduction. 

Yeah searching makes a lot of sense (because you search for members of the AGM). Anyway, I can work with that. If anyone else can PM me or post here any preferences for their effects that would be cool.

Riryoku was the sheet when I was 8, and tbh I like Lost Wind just because it's a really cool take on negation since it's very similar to Breakthrough Skill, but the negation is permanent and comes with stat reduction.

Yeah searching makes a lot of sense (because you search for members of the AGM). Anyway, I can work with that. If anyone else can PM me or post here any preferences for their effects that would be cool.

Removal. More specifically banishment, as opposed to destroying (so Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier).

Alright (I mean the card I made already banishes itself to SS the another Solstice so it should be thematically appropriate). Tbf I'm probably going to make it Spell/Traps or cards in the opponent's GY like Trish since your effect banishes yourself to Special Summon from the Deck, which is up there with Tojin that returns to the hand to Special Summons itself from the GY. 

Alright (I mean the card I made already banishes itself to SS the another Solstice so it should be thematically appropriate). Tbf I'm probably going to make it Spell/Traps or cards in the opponent's GY like Trish since your effect banishes yourself to Special Summon from the Deck, which is up there with Tojin that returns to the hand to Special Summons itself from the GY.

But Trishula banishes on the field; not the Graveyard

He's referring to Trishula hitting stuff in the GY when it's summoned on the field, not it actually triggering in the grave.

As for mine, just make sure there's standard boss level protection [i guess you can rip off Majespecters for this one] and some effects that fit a monster (Thematically, I should have the highest ATK out of everyone in here and a sizable DEF too). For the other effects, you can use stuff based on me in the AGM or some other things.

Will need to search through my stuff to find a boss that has an appropriate effect I'd like.

He's referring to Trishula hitting stuff in the GY when it's summoned on the field, not it actually triggering in the grave.

As for mine, just make sure there's standard boss level protection [i guess you can rip off Majespecters for this one] and some effects that fit a monster (Thematically, I should have the highest ATK out of everyone in here and a sizable DEF too). For the other effects, you can use stuff based on me in the AGM or some other things.

Will need to search through my stuff to find a boss that has an appropriate effect I'd like.

Oh, in that case forget about it.

When I was referring to Envoy of the Beginning I was referring to their effects that banish on the field.

Nyx imma make it Spell/Trap banishing specifically then because otherwise the card becomes a bit broken (since it's triggered on Summon and will usually be a Quick Effect). The Quick Effect that switches itself out will also activate when a Spell/Trap is activated, so if they end up activating the card you can dodge whatever the card is if it ends up being a card that would kill it like Bottomless or Torrential Tribute (although people pretty much just use Counter Traps so this might not matter.

ChampionZero will be the Summoner/Disciple (similar to the Baby Dragon Rulers but function more like the Skilled Magicians. That's vague but that's because I'm not quite sure how they all work yet) of Nyx, but the name will be shortened to Zero. This is obviously just for thematic reasons since Nyx is going to be Winter. 

Sakura if you want protection and high ATK, could I make it a card that attacks from DEF then? It would have the same benefits as ATK but have protection from ties and you wouldn't take damage from it being destroyed. I'm a bit wary of giving one of the monsters card effect protection when they all can switch out for each other, which already means the entire Deck has target protection on high stated monsters, so I thought this might be a good idea design wise (although I'm checking in first because I'm not sure how important this is to you).

Kyumi you might become Sakura's summoner/disciple if it's confirmed you join (but seriously make that Deck 40 cards), which is thematically accurate considering "the people you look up to" bit

Octosquid and .Belle I would like to hear from you eventually but you haven't been around. Probably going to make you guys into Spell/Trap. If you want them to do anything in particular, you're going to have to tell me soon, but for now, I'll look into your previous works for reference. 

Most recent example of Nyx, who I've been using as an example

Nyx the Winter Solstice

DARK - Level 9 - Wyrm/Effect - 3000 ATK/3000 DEF

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, and if you do, this card’s original ATK and DEF become 1500, and you cannot activate this card’s effects until the end of the next turn.

When this card is Tribute or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; banish it. When a Spell/Trap card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can banish this card to Special Summon 1 Level 8 or higher “Solstice” monster from your Deck in Defense Position*. You can only use each effect of “Nyx the Winter Solstice” once per turn.

*Summer and Winter will specify position since Spring and Fall will have ATK and DEF stats that aren't 3000, but proportionally higher/lower. It also nerfs Summer and WInter a bit because their Summon effects are better than Spring and Fall. 

Would also like to pitch that the ATK and DEF stats are a bit too high for their Summoning conditions, so if push comes to shove I'm probably going to decrease their overall amount. This might become having the highest ATK and DEF stats just be 3000, with the other stat lower to compensate.

That actually makes sense, based on my sig. As for my deck, I changed it to 47 cards(I think) a while ago. If I take anything else out, I have a chance at losing the deck's engine. It was 55 cards but I reduced it. If it is still not low enough, plz do tell me.

The thing is, Eshai, they're nowhere near "too powerful". They're a little fast for an archetype of this caliber, sure, but as-is they're not gamebreaking. Logicangels can essentially Trish once per turn once they have their setup, Space Cruisers can OTK EZPZ with the right hand, Electric Field can throw around Synchro 8 and Rank 4 while nuking your opponent's resources, Hell Stingers refuse to die and take your opponent's stuff at the speed of sound, and YCM Heavenly Sovereigns just sorta keep your opponent from doing much of anything if they get set up correctly. Yes, the four Solstice cards you've created can do some powerful things, but that's only if you draw into the right cards on your first turn to actually set up your loop. Otherwise, you're incredibly vulnerable. If you had made them part of the AGM super-archetype, they'd have some considerable consistency, but . . . eh.

You're worrying a bit too much, I'd say.

Yeah, YCM Heavenly basically says "get out certain mods and say no to the opponent" (well, Draco had a hand in accelerating that bit). If it weren't obvious, this is essentially Nekroz with YCM moderators (including myself). Oh heck, get me out and negate/banish stuff. 

Let's see then:

• Mine is protection / banishing power / negation [also SSD stats]
  • Night shits on the Extra Deck, full bouncing power and non-GY summons are locked. (I miss his presence here)
  • Flame Dragon burns and negates summons
  • evilfusion is essentially Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon for the most part. 
  • Zextra stuns stuff
  • Nai hits the GY and changes names to "Nameless".
  • Gadjiltron revives and gives Armades clause to any YCM mod you choose
  • Smear and Zai both enable faster Ritual Summoning

(At this point though, the Level 6s are all themed on now-former moderators. I wanted to add Dad somewhere, but yeah. Black was originally intended to be the Level 10 alongside me, but I voted against it afterward. I also told Draco "don't make card based on YCMaker as he is legitimately dead and does nothing")

====

But yeah, I agree on the nerfs being a bit much, considering what they do right now (and the meta's done far worse).

The thing is, Eshai, they're nowhere near "too powerful". They're a little fast for an archetype of this caliber, sure, but as-is they're not gamebreaking. Logicangels can essentially Trish once per turn once they have their setup, Space Cruisers can OTK EZPZ with the right hand, Electric Field can throw around Synchro 8 and Rank 4 while nuking your opponent's resources, Hell Stingers refuse to die and take your opponent's stuff at the speed of sound, and YCM Heavenly Sovereigns just sorta keep your opponent from doing much of anything if they get set up correctly. Yes, the four Solstice cards you've created can do some powerful things, but that's only if you draw into the right cards on your first turn to actually set up your loop. Otherwise, you're incredibly vulnerable. If you had made them part of the AGM super-archetype, they'd have some considerable consistency, but . . . eh.

You're worrying a bit too much, I'd say.

This right here.

They can Summon, but they either don't leave a lasting impact or are very vulnerable. When I make an archetype, I like for them to have at least one of three things:

Consistency

Field removal

Protection

You've got Summoning, but even then, it's still a little slow, as you only have one monster out at a time.

... You guys realize that I'm making Level 3-4 Disciples that Special Summon from the Deck the corresponding boss from the Deck right? Thought I said that.

The Deck is going to have a lot of consistency and protection (via the looping of the monsters, the disciples all Special Summoning from the Deck, and a Spell that does something along the lines of terrifying). Don't know the wording and I haven't figured out the exact costs or conditions yet, but the idea is here (and terribly worded until I figure out the best way to do it.)

Wrath of the Solstices

Normal - Spell

Special Summon up to (maybe not) 4 "Solstice" monsters (1 from hand, 1 from Deck, 1 from GY, 1 Banished) with different Attributes, but return them to the Deck at the end of the turn (from wherever they've been sent to) You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect, except by the effect of a "Solstice" monster. You can only activate 1 "Wrath of the Solstices" once per turn.

The idea is you use their effects to replace themselves with other Solstice monsters so you can avoid the cost. 

Probably broken but I want to make something along these lines.

You can also use some of the Warp Drive Quick-Play Spells to Summon multiple 4K beaters with targeting protection from your Deck in Space Cruisers. Summoning from Deck isn't exactly a colossal point of fear unless you're backing it up with continued plays. From what you've shown, Summoning Nyx from Deck only really amounts to "I killed a backrow card and brought out a 3K beatstick!", and unless the other Solstice cards are significantly more powerful, even some of our more mediocre Decks have power-plays around that (ie, GameChild can out your whole board at once, then banish all your Solstices except the one you want banished because they have cards that do that). Solid Tier 2/3, but not utterly gamebreaking.

You can also use some of the Warp Drive Quick-Play Spells to Summon multiple 4K beaters with targeting protection from your Deck in Space Cruisers. Summoning from Deck isn't exactly a colossal point of fear unless you're backing it up with continued plays. From what you've shown, Summoning Nyx from Deck only really amounts to "I killed a backrow card and brought out a 3K beatstick!", and unless the other Solstice cards are significantly more powerful, even some of our more mediocre Decks have power-plays around that (ie, GameChild can out your whole board at once, then banish all your Solstices except the one you want banished because they have cards that do that). Solid Tier 2/3, but not utterly gamebreaking.

Yep. Besides, we've already got D. D. Tempest or Cosmic Cyclone for Spell/Trap banishment, so it wouldn't be all that amazing.

Even our collaboration archetype has a card that does that:

539I56h.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Sclera Guild" monster with a different name from your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed (either by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish it.

Thinking of going for something more fun, or at least easier. Probably either Metaphysical (huh, this would quite possibly be the first time we've created an archetype that overlaps with an existing one) or Tygrr.

Metaphysical

A series of Wyrm-type retrains of Dragon-type monsters and Psychic-type retrains of Spellcaster-types. As a whole, they aren't a cohesive archetype, instead favoring type support and generic "goodstuff" effects. However, they have a One Punch Man-type boss that tends to be tough to summon, but banishes all Metaphysical monsters in your Grave for a permanent power boost + an Armades effect.

Their Spells/Traps tend to focus around exchanging their monsters with others in the Grave and they all can banish themselves for an in-archetype foolish. They also have a single Field Spell that boosts stats and acts as a Card of Safe Return for the archetype.

Tygrr

The latest in cute-monster-girl archetype design!

This is an archetype composed entirely of Beast-Warriors that take heavy design inspiration from big cats in general, although their bosses are actually based on the Indian and Siberian tigers.

As for how the archetype works, they do love their Fusion (although the fact that your Main Deck is primarily Level 3 and 4 means that you're going to be doing lots of Xyz), but the way they go about it is kinda interesting. Their Fusion monsters all have pretty decent to amazing statlines, but they're all either non-Effect Fusions or have simple, one-line effects (think GX's bag of giving a huge boss something as simple as piercing or an OPT destruction effect). However, given that their Fusions have pretty simplistic Material requirements, the fact that you choose which monsters to use for a given Fusion Summon actually matters- each Main Deck member confers a specific effect to an archetypal Fusion they're used as Material for (ie, one gives it an additional attack, one provides targeting immunity, one makes it an archetypal Dr. Red), allowing you to customize your bosses and give them whatever effects you think you'll need.

In fact, given the wide array of effects you can give, you really have no excuse for not being prepared for a given situation, especially given the consistency of Tygrr. Not only do you have things like Invoker and Tenki going for you, but this is an archetype with their own equivalents to ShadowMist, Firedog, Raidraptor Nest, Valhalla, Tuning . . . and Fusion Spells for every occasion, in just about every form you can think of.

Basically, if you don't win with these cat girls, you only have yourself to blame, given that they have an out ready for most situations in general. The Deck can't be blamed for a loss . . . but the pilot can and will be mocked for it.

(Remind me if I came up with Metaphysical's name, or that was some other kid. I know Tygrr wasn't mine.)

Still working on TRON Zoo in the background; think I'm trying too hard to make it a workable Link deck while keeping some of the ARC-V design mechanics. I mean, some of the cards actually work even in VRAINS (though it's partly due to borrowing bits/pieces from my existing stuff). Basically, include a few Level 3s and the rest of the Main Deck is Level 4. 

(I guess you can think of it as a hybrid of the ZPD/Zootopia Deck we have in here, plus some other stuff.)

I really have no idea why Link decks have varying Levels, and hell forbid Konami made Jack Knights reliant on the opponent to do anything of value at present.

Speaking of which, where the hell is Tinkerer lately? I'm probably going to assume that either he got caught up in the recent hurricanes and needs to help rebuild, had other personal issues that needed addressing or something else. Don't think he said "screw this I'm gone", but idk. (Let's see how long he's gone for, then you can decide what to do about it later).

Oh right, and Dark Magicians / CyDra got new Fusions; though latter isn't coming in here due to Extra Monster Zone thing. Think we have CyDras bar for Infinity, but may be wrong. IDK about Yugi,dek though.

====

As for Eshai's idea, I would prefer not having an attack in Defense Position effect. If I were a Superheavy Samurai main, then yeah, but I'm not.

Draconus Pretty sure Konami got the Metaphy idea from here if that prompt was here before their release. Seriously that's too close to be coincidental. 

Metaphys was already something I had my eye on when making this archetype. 

Sakura K. Changing the archetype a lot anyway so that not making your monster a Superheavy Samurai is fine (I don't care for them either but I love Stealth Ninja as an honorary Crystron)

I didn't really get to know Tinkerer, but I really hope to get to know him, so I really hope he didn't get caught in that mess. Tragedy does not 

Also thinking of changing the archetype's name to Forecast so all of the Spellcaster Disciples could be Forecasters (since it has been incredibly hard to name the disciples in a reasonable way).

Also loosening up on the Summoning restrictions for the archetype, since the Normal/Tribute Summoning bit was Draconus's idea and I really wanted to do something with it but I don't know if I can. Will have to come up with another way that's more synergistic to what the archetype is doing.

Also, would like to know if you think I should start a Gaming Theory Club at my college because I might have to. My first impressions with the Gaming Theory class I'm in is that I'm doing extra work for fun, which isn't something I want to let go of at the end of the quarter. This would be the kind of club that would help people develop interesting game ideas and hone their skills in the crafts, such as programming, art, writing, and especially game theory. While making games is what the club would be for, players who just want to play games and/or help others test their games would be welcome to just screw around and make friends.

Nope. Metaphysical is a prompt from last year (you referenced Yusho as someone who had yet to appear in the anime on the same page), it definitely wasn't meant as support.

I have literally no idea. He gave no indication as to his time zone, so he could have been in Irma's strike zone, but he might just be busy with things. He hasn't been on in over a month, in any case.

Also, I did suggest that it be part of the AGM super-archetype, so that you'd at least have some consistency boosts you don't have to make yourself, which would make AGM Divinity and AGM Diviner decent sub-archetype names.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334071-archetype-game/page-47?p=6857919&do=findComment&comment=6857919

Actually, Nyx came up with the name; not me (though think I had a similar name for something else, or was on another page and we missed it; likely not). But yeah, even if Konami partially ripped off our ideas, there's no way we can actually prove that they stole it because (1) parallel design exists and (2) Konami owns the game, so in theory, we're just piggybacking on their stuff.

Of course, it sucks like hell when we have good ideas, but Konami makes expies of them and they turn out shittier than we made them (or just not as good as we did them, from our perspective). 

===

EDIT: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334071-archetype-game/page-49?p=6870110&do=findComment&comment=6870110

(So literal interpretation of us)

Archived