• Please log in to reply
2358 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Speaking of generics, I should probably do Delta versions of certain Numerix I made (which sort of boils down to 61, 84, 91, 92 and 102; second and fifth one being ported from custom Numbers). 

Also designing Hearts Riding on the prompt is slightly more difficult than I had thought (but that might also be due to me adding on other conditions / modifying said prompt to actually be competitive and not flop like the last one). Then again, last one can still work, but certain members have mentioned that we shouldn't be doing Attribute-oriented design. 

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
Thanks for reminding me about Deltas. I just designed Delta-Numerix-006 and Delta-Numerix-043, and I'm completely stumped regarding Delta-Numerix-083 even though I really want there to be one. Anyone who has a good idea for the Rank-Up of our equivalent to Hope Harbinger can go right on ahead, because I should probably be focusing on the exam I'm taking tomorrow.
Yeah, I favor Spellcaster and Dragon monsters. Yeah, this comes from seeing so many awesome ones in the early "Yu-Gi-Oh!" anime. Does that invite a problem?
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Draconus297 is already a meme.http://en.shindanmaker.com/557714
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

June's AGM Deck Challenge:
Member Spotlight: Sakura!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts

Depending on motivation and overall time, might post a new Archetype within the next week or something. I know I have an exam next Tuesday (and definitely need to start posting the rest of GPT 8). 

Only issue right now with Hearts Riding is naming and figuring out how to structure the members (so far, they have Synchro forms, the riders [which are named Rider (x)] and the actual beasts, which will vary). Also figuring out how to work with a Kozmo playing style since I haven't exactly used them too much. If it gets too much, I'll switch over to something else and return to the prompt later.

====

And yes, I threw in more generics for the monthly challenge. So far, no one's done it (though might be harder to handle because mine usually don't offer cross compatibility between each other). You have a ton of generics to play with though (and as I've mentioned earlier, if you want a list of the generics I've made or which ones in the thread are mine, ask). 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Syserr Ichi

Syserr Ichi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

My sign-up form(if still open)

Weaknesses: Card artworks, trivial names.
Strengths: Effect consistency in archetypes, 
Trivia: Well, i'm fan of weird-looking card effects, so I can create many types of card/archetype etc.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts

My sign-up form(if still open)

Weaknesses: Card artworks, trivial names.
Strengths: Effect consistency in archetypes, 
Trivia: Well, i'm fan of weird-looking card effects, so I can create many types of card/archetype etc.

If you looked at the opening post, new members need to do the Deck challenges to get in here. Right now, the theme is design a Deck based on cards that I have made in this club. 

So yeah.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

Elite Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Hey Nyx, I noticed for Samurai Zombie Nation, the continuous spell doesn't actually work for the archetype since the monsters don't treat themselves as Zombies in the hand. Was that intentional?

EDIT: Woo! Only 20 more legacy support cards to go!

Hello, fine peoples!

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

Elite Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Hey, I had a thought.  I'd like to host a "Archetype Generator Meta Contest".  People sign up, and they are given a random archetype from the archetype game.  For round 1 they make 5 cards and for remaining rounds they add to it by 2s-3s (depending on how many people sign up).  Approved archetypes get added here and any participants are made into "prospective AGM members" for a month (alongside any other contest rewards).  They are considered official and can cement their place by making more archetypes/adding to the AGM pool.  However, if they don't do anything they can be removed when their prospective phase ends.

There needs to be some new blood in here.  I'm really the only one who does the challenges and I can say that asking prospective new members to jump in to a brand new pool of cards with no idea who did what to cement their place is a bit daunting.  Setting up this contest I feel will be a good way to let peeps in without such a high hurdle.  Thoughts?

Hello, fine peoples!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts

Hey, I had a thought.  I'd like to host a "Archetype Generator Meta Contest".  People sign up, and they are given a random archetype from the archetype game.  For round 1 they make 5 cards and for remaining rounds they add to it by 2s-3s (depending on how many people sign up).  Approved archetypes get added here and any participants are made into "prospective AGM members" for a month (alongside any other contest rewards).  They are considered official and can cement their place by making more archetypes/adding to the AGM pool.  However, if they don't do anything they can be removed when their prospective phase ends.

There needs to be some new blood in here.  I'm really the only one who does the challenges and I can say that asking prospective new members to jump in to a brand new pool of cards with no idea who did what to cement their place is a bit daunting.  Setting up this contest I feel will be a good way to let peeps in without such a high hurdle.  Thoughts?

Honestly, I am somewhat iffy about the conditions of getting in here in the first place (which nowadays does boil down to someone making a Deck based on a certain member). For this month, I don't know if people dislike the stuff I have in AGM or me as a member/moderator, but yeah. 

I wouldn't mind you doing this; it'll at least make Contests less dead (no seriously, you guys see how active the place is lately). 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Octosquid

Octosquid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Actually, I've already asked Draconus about the deck challenge, and I'm supposed to be working on it, but like I said in the General Section, I tend to procrastinate. >.< Also, I've never been that good at yugioh to begin with and looking through ACM cards is a little overwhelming.

So... I think the "Archetype Generator Meta Contest" idea sounds really fun. I'd be up for it.

Honestly, I am somewhat iffy about the conditions of getting in here in the first place (which nowadays does boil down to someone making a Deck based on a certain member). For this month, I don't know if people dislike the stuff I have in AGM or me as a member/moderator, but yeah. 

I wouldn't mind you doing this; it'll at least make Contests less dead (no seriously, you guys see how active the place is lately). 

I like the cards you made, Sakura, and you're a pretty cool person from what I can tell. I think it's just nobody wants to go through the effort of building a deck.

Plaudite, acta est fabula!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts

Actually, I've already asked Draconus about the deck challenge, and I'm supposed to be working on it, but like I said in the General Section, I tend to procrastinate. >.< Also, I've never been that good at yugioh to begin with and looking through ACM cards is a little overwhelming.

So... I think the "Archetype Generator Meta Contest" idea sounds really fun. I'd be up for it.

I like the cards you made, Sakura, and you're a pretty cool person from what I can tell. I think it's just nobody wants to go through the effort of building a deck.

Yeah, it's a pain building a Deck. To be fair, even I haven't built a Deck for my own stuff in here; except maybe Sunbeasts / ZPD / Psychic Dragons [then again, I test the former two on YGOPro against the AI, but that has coding issues]. 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
Well, given that certain archetypes are hurting for archetypal support, and that I've abandoned more than a few subseries ideas (just look at Rail Delinquent, or the Skeleca stuff), you could make support contests of three cards. You could manage those, same as I do the Deck Challenges. Maybe one a month, same with the Deck Challenges?

Also, even though it's only the 17th, here's a hint to the July challenge: This is the first challenge where an accepted Konami archetype could competently be run as the focal point.
Yeah, I favor Spellcaster and Dragon monsters. Yeah, this comes from seeing so many awesome ones in the early "Yu-Gi-Oh!" anime. Does that invite a problem?
I'm also on DeviantART

ChampionZero

ChampionZero

I have the blood of Spartans and Legionaries! BRING IT!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Hey, that contest sounds pretty good!

Sorry I haven't been on much. It's Exam week starting tomorrow.

"Semper Ad Meliora"

Always On To Greater Things

"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"

Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

If You Want Peace, Prepare For War

"Veritas Nunquam Perit"

Truth Never Dies

"Familia Ante Omnia"

Family Above All

"Non Desistas, Non Exieris"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

"Atrox Melior Dulcissima Veritas Mendaciis"

The Bitter Truth Is Better Than The Sweetest Lies

"Beatti Bellicosi"

Blessed Are The Warriors

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts

(Someone needs to update the Archetype game again...)

I sort of have the monster lineup fleshed out for my current project, but backrow will continue to be a pain in the ass. Instead of specific names for the Beast-Types, I made them Attribute-specific (because they do), so I can at least leave it open to further "Riders". 

tl;dr, current progress report:

• 3 Beast monsters (FIRE, LIGHT, EARTH; I should add a WIND member to make it 4. All are Level 4)
  • 2 "rider" monsters (same Attributes as their corresponding Beast; I don't have one for FIRE/WIND yet; also Levels 1-4 so they can Synchro from 5 to 8)
  • 1 Synchro Monster (well, LIGHT combination; other three will be determined later.)
  • Field Spell to start plays

Once I get the Main Deck and stuff, I suppose I'll post them. Here's what the LIGHT Synchro form looks like.

Hearts Riding Club Champion - Sacred Flyer

Level 7 | LIGHT | Beast | Synchro | Effect

2600/2100
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Beast-Type monsters
You can only use the ② and ③ effects of this card's name each once per turn. ① If this card was Synchro Summoned using only "Hearts Riding Club" monsters, it cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. ② You can Special Summon 1 Beast or Spellcaster monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Hearts Riding Club Champion - Sacred Flyer". ③ You can banish 1 card your opponent controls or in their hand.

(Uh yeah, this thing technically is cross-compatible [and yes, it also benefits from support in the other Archetype I made outside this club + used as an egg location]. Outside Sunbeasts, do we have any other Beast-Type archetypes?)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
So, I'm wondering: Regarding Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor and Grand Sacred Emperor Veldaion . . . are they worth running? I mean, if you build the AGM equivalent of Counter Fairies, having a boss you can drop on demand or NS in a pinch sounds pretty sweet, and a double Kaiju that can also function from the Graveyard is hypothetically an amazing boss to build a rogue Deck around, but I'm wondering if Veldaion (or his three Counter Traps, whose high LP costs are balanced by having a draw effect if you Summoned Veldaion the same turn they were activated, regardless of whether he came out before or after them) could be teched in, either to push with or as a last resort to use for a comeback.

Also, I'm kinda short on ideas for cards right now, as can be evidenced by not making anything new in over a week. I'm just absolutely creatively bankrupt at the moment, and even my writing has suffered. I'll try to manage the group's activities, but I won't be designing for a while, unfortunately. I'll bump my Legacy thread to keep it from dying while I try to recover from whatever has me unable to think, but it'll be the tiniest update that thread has had yet.
I'm also on DeviantART

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

Elite Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
I assume those are in generics? They sound powerful and possibly splashable, but it's hard to comment on 'em without seeing them first.

I think we've all hit something, so it's really no biggie. Take however much time you need.

I've been meaning to start that contest, but haven't been able to get on my computer to do YCM stuff. I can't do it tomorrow through Tuesday though since my folks seem to be planning a weekend trip.

Hello, fine peoples!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 34,266 posts

1. Probably are in generics, because I don't believe they go into any existing prompts. You can check though.

2. Yeah, think a lot of us are in design slump mode. Lately, I've only been generating cards via my ED game threads (which sometimes involves me having to bump my own since people don't like doing them; yes, this also means Link monsters which I know Draco hates.) Still stalled on making more for current project.

(Also blame summer school and other shit; namely former)

3. Would be nice if members critique the stuff you and Draco made for their Archetypes. (I haven't done the recent changes in Draco's one or yours, but everything else I addressed.) Certain members, I have not seen critiquing ANY legacy stuff.

Then again, some of the members we have are technically inactive in card making and/or in general for YCM.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
Here he is, and everything that directly references him:

Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor
DARK - Level 6 - Dragon/Effect - 2350/1300
If a Counter Trap Card that negates an attack, effect, or Summon is activated, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand and activate 1 of the following effects depending upon what was negated:
●Monster Summon: Inflict 2000 damage to your opponent's Life Points.
●Monster Effect or Attack: Skip any 1 Phase of your opponent's next turn, of your choosing.
●Trap Activation or Effect: Inflict 1500 damage to your opponent, also discard 1 card from their hand at random.
●Spell Activation or Effect: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent, also draw 1 card.
Each player can only Summon 1 "Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor" with its own effect per turn.

Grand Sacred Emperor Veldaion
LIGHT - Level 11 - Dragon/Effect - 3650/2300
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by Tributing 3 face-up monsters either player controls, including at least 1 "Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor", and cannot be Summoned by other ways. You do not have to pay the activation cost of Counter Trap Cards, also monsters you control are unaffected by Counter Trap Cards. If a Counter Trap Card is activated, you can activate 1 of the following effects if it negated 1 of the following:
●Monster Summon: Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard in face-up Attack Position.
●Monster Attack or Effect: Banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard.
●Spell Activation or Effect: Destroy up to 3 face-up cards your opponent controls.
●Trap Activation or Effect: Inflict 2000 damage to your opponent.

Deal With Veldaion
Normal Spell
Discard 1 card, then add 1 Counter Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Set the added card this turn.

Veldaion's Hatred
Counter Trap
Activate only if an effect is activated. Pay 2500 Life Points: Negate that effect and banish the card whose effect was negated. If "Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor" was Summoned during the turn this card is activated: Draw 1 card during the End Phase.

Veldaion's Presence
Counter Trap
Activate only if your opponent's monster declares an attack. Pay 1500 Life Points: Negate that attack, then banish the monster whose attack was negated. If "Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor" was Summoned during the turn this card was activated: Draw 1 card during the End Phase.

Veldaion's Disapproval
Counter Trap
If your opponent would Summon a monster: Pay 2000 Life Points, negate that Summon, and if you do, banish the monster whose Summon was negated. If "Veldaion the Rampaging Emperor" was Summoned during the turn this card was activated: Draw 1 card during the End Phase.
I'm also on DeviantART

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

Elite Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
Mm. Yeah, I can't really see these being used outside either a deck specifically dedicated to them or one whose core engine is extremely tiny. Either way, a design like this falls into the "early ritual monster syndrome" in that they aren't exactly searchable and they require either too much or (in these cards' cases), too conditional an investment to use outside their niche.

I will say you did balance them out fine though. They are quite powerful, but not overbearingly so.

Hello, fine peoples!

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
I'm sure that, now that I've brought the issue up, you can make the first contest about giving Veldaion the necessary support to be a legitimate threat. Or Dame of the Sacred Tome, or Rail Cannon Delinquent, or any of the less powerful series/archetypes in the AGM. In fact, Tinkerer, I give my express permission for you to set up contests for support for anything I made, because I'd love the gaps in support for things I made to be filled.
I'm also on DeviantART

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users