Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here's my analysis on the Decks presented:

Nyx-

The power output here is intense . . . the problem is the consistency. Malicious Moth Princess is obviously your win condition, with Gale Paladin and Numeral Crusader as solid secondaries, and you do have triple Velocity Controller to try to stall until you get to one of them. Given that you do have Malice to protect you even more, and that we do use the TCG ban list to determine the position of Konami cards, the recent hit to Dark Hole really makes this Deck in particular pretty good. Do you want the 1000 Points, or would you like to request my help on an archetype?

Kyumi-

Anyone else find it ironic that a speed-focused archetype is slow as all hell? Anyway, given the archetype you chose to work with, the choice of the Kitsune Pendulums is actually pretty smart to get Speed Counters spread around your monsters. The problem, again, is inconsistency, because negating your Tenki just immediately kills all your real chance of getting off a solid combo, and your fastest play option that doesn't require the Pendulums is an unsearchable Normal Spell. Still, Call of the Haunted is a decent tech choice, although given the way the Deck is you might prefer Guardian Formation or Evasion Reborn, because even though they have stricter activation conditions, the former grabs Okami Dagger for you in case you need an Equip, and Evasion Reborn gives you back one of your dead monsters so long as you control a face-up monster with more ATK than the one you want to revive. Still, it's acceptable, so you get a choice between membership and 1000 Points.

Nyx-

The power output here is intense . . . the problem is the consistency. Malicious Moth Princess is obviously your win condition, with Gale Paladin and Numeral Crusader as solid secondaries, and you do have triple Velocity Controller to try to stall until you get to one of them. Given that you do have Malice to protect you even more, and that we do use the TCG ban list to determine the position of Konami cards, the recent hit to Dark Hole really makes this Deck in particular pretty good. Do you want the 1000 Points, or would you like to request my help on an archetype?

Kyumi-

Anyone else find it ironic that a speed-focused archetype is slow as all hell? Anyway, given the archetype you chose to work with, the choice of the Kitsune Pendulums is actually pretty smart to get Speed Counters spread around your monsters. The problem, again, is inconsistency, because negating your Tenki just immediately kills all your real chance of getting off a solid combo, and your fastest play option that doesn't require the Pendulums is an unsearchable Normal Spell. Still, Call of the Haunted is a decent tech choice, although given the way the Deck is you might prefer Guardian Formation or Evasion Reborn, because even though they have stricter activation conditions, the former grabs Okami Dagger for you in case you need an Equip, and Evasion Reborn gives you back one of your dead monsters so long as you control a face-up monster with more ATK than the one you want to revive. Still, it's acceptable, so you get a choice between membership and 1000 Points.

1000 points please!

And thanks for looking over my submission!

I1pfThX.jpg

Wait. Why am I getting no points when I post in Clubs & Organizations?

1000 points please!

And thanks for looking over my submission!

I1pfThX.jpg

Wait. Why am I getting no points when I post in Clubs & Organizations?

The point system can be modified not to give points for certain areas, even if post count is enabled. It's been a carryover since whenever C/O got its post count shut off. I'm surprised you did not notice this.

Nyx-

Kyumi-

Yeah, I think I have to thank Kyumi for making me add more stuff to make them faster. Also blame being a bit too conservative on how much SPC should be appropriate.

Think he'll take the membership since he's been generating a ton of stuff for us lately.

Most of the reason why C&O got its post count / point values shut down is a partial consequence to how this section was during the old days (you know the kind that generated at least a third or so of post count for most vets here; self included). Think of Misc-esque behavior to certain extents in a few clubs; Espeon remained fine albeit going somewhat off-topic. 

Oh right, I found the convo but only I can read it due to being in the mod forum.

[spoiler=Abridged version because I shouldn't be talking bad about ex-moderators who are long gone]

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/286316-removal-of-post-count-in-clubs-and-orgs/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/85880-mehmani/ 

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/114493-hydra-of-ages/

I wouldn't blame anyone if you don't know who these two are, because I sure as heck don't know Hydra or what he was in charge of, and Mehmani was semi-vague.

All I know is that he was a CC mod around the same time as Black/Koko's initial run and think Icy was still around. Compare 2012 CC with 4 mods up to now with just me running the show. 

=====

Yeah, you can somewhat attribute the removal to the former and latter adamantly said "shut off post count". There were other mods who voted no, and a few who had no opinion, but whom those (ex) mods are will not be disclosed. If any of you do become a mod, then you can read the full thing for yourself.

It then stayed like this until sometime after I became mod; think Aix reopened it. The points system would need to be opened up separately, but you'd need to get Flame/evil to do that. (I cannot reopen the post count)

Think we can fix that one separately; oh hell, I may want to review the point distribution in CC a bit. All I know is that you get 1 point for each post someone made in your thread.

(May want to ask Flame for added permission to access that or the theme/logo)

Even if that happens, we are nowhere near the old level of activity where point gain would be an issue.

Sorry I was a little inactive. I won't be active on weekends usually, but I would like to tell you my choice. Obviously, I choose membership. I'm so happy!

=====

Little side note as my first action in the AGM, I would like to nominate my archetypes Stuffimol, Draconic, and Attriwitch. As for the queue we already have, I will put in a vote for Destiny HERO and for Infernity. Also, I will be adding some stuff to the generics thread soon.

NOT SO FAST!

Before anything else, you need a profile for the OP. Your weaknesses, your strengths, and what makes you unique in the grand scheme of things.

Also . . . Destiny HERO got in. Like, a week ago at the absolute minimum. The current queue, that vote disregarded at the moment, is as follows:

Speedroid (2/3 - Draconus, Sakura)

Infernity (1/3 - Eshai)

Also also also, before you can submit one of your own pet projects for group approval, you need to link to them.

In any case, welcome to the group. Procedure and stuff, greetings and somesuch, mission statement et cetera.

Oh yeah! Completely forgot about that! Anyway, here I am:

Name: Kyumi

Strengths: Coming up with ideas for cards, and sometimes executing them in an archetype perfectly. Also, I play the game in a regular basis, so I know the OCG for most effects.

Weaknesses: I barely know the meta-game and as a result, my decks and archetypes tend to be lackluster and stupidly slow. I have never participated in a dueling tournament, but would live to someday. This is why I don't know the meta-game.

Mission Statement: To better myself at making all sorts of cards, generic or archetypal, so I can maybe get a job at Konami. (Unlikely, but what the hell...)

====

As for the archetypes I nominated, Most if then we're from the archetype game. The only one that wasn't was Attriwitch. But I Will get a link for that soon.

And I'm sorry about the queue thing. I just looked at the last queue update we had and voted accordingly.

To be fair, I still don't know all of the current meta decks (I want to, but lack of time to run them and YGOPro is slow as sheet with updates; coding is hard though, so...) Also I dislike Dueling Book because a few of the users are about as bad as certain problem users; oh hell, I think we got a few of the DB problem users here. 

But yeah, welcome to the AGM. Don't let us down.

So, there is an archetype game prompt I wrote that I would like to add as a prompt for here. How do I do that? It is the Silent Star archetype. Also, I am finishing up the Crystal-Eyes Archetype and would like to know how that could get entered into here as well. Will someone here plz take a look at them?

If you want people to examine your archetypes, you need to drop a link in this thread for review. I told you this earlier. It's not auto-accepted, but instead requires 1 member besides yourself to approve- it didn't come from the Game.

Also, I did decide- I want Tygrr.

[spoiler= The thing]

Tygrr

The latest in cute-monster-girl archetype design!

This is an archetype composed entirely of Beast-Warriors that take heavy design inspiration from big cats in general, although their bosses are actually based on the Indian and Siberian tigers.

As for how the archetype works, they do love their Fusion (although the fact that your Main Deck is primarily Level 3 and 4 means that you're going to be doing lots of Xyz), but the way they go about it is kinda interesting. Their Fusion monsters all have pretty decent to amazing statlines, but they're all either non-Effect Fusions or have simple, one-line effects (think GX's bag of giving a huge boss something as simple as piercing or an OPT destruction effect). However, given that their Fusions have pretty simplistic Material requirements, the fact that you choose which monsters to use for a given Fusion Summon actually matters- each Main Deck member confers a specific effect to an archetypal Fusion they're used as Material for (ie, one gives it an additional attack, one provides targeting immunity, one makes it an archetypal Dr. Red), allowing you to customize your bosses and give them whatever effects you think you'll need.

In fact, given the wide array of effects you can give, you really have no excuse for not being prepared for a given situation, especially given the consistency of Tygrr. Not only do you have things like Invoker and Tenki going for you, but this is an archetype with their own equivalents to ShadowMist, Firedog, Raidraptor Nest, Valhalla, Tuning . . . and Fusion Spells for every occasion, in just about every form you can think of.

Basically, if you don't win with these cat girls, you only have yourself to blame, given that they have an out ready for most situations in general. The Deck can't be blamed for a loss . . . but the pilot can and will be mocked for it.

If someone wants to take Metaphysical, be my guest, and keep in mind that you can retrain AGM-specific Spellcasters and Dragons if you so desire- I have given Malefics their own AGM dragons, Chaos Synchro features several AGM-only monsters retrained (in fact, both feature Shining Hope Dragon), so you're really not pressed for designs.

Oh yeah. I forgot the link. Here it is:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366898-agm-crystal-eyes-archetype-custom-archetype/

Plz check it out. It May be a but big, but it might be worth your while to look into then. Especially for you Draconus. Also, the main monsters are done, but I am still adding Spells/Traps and Extra deck monsters so let me know what you think it needs.

The old Harpie Lady support wave all treated themselves as Harpie Lady at all times. The problem with that is that you're only allowed 3 cards of a given name in your Deck, so you were basically only allowed 3 monsters out of the entire archetype at any given time.

Yeah. That's how that ruling works.

EDIT: Post 2970 what up

^^^^ What Nyx said

Also, have a cool idea that gets around Link Format if we ever get to that point

Archetype of Tuners that Summon Tokens similarly to Mecha Phantom Beasts. However, the twist is that they can Tribute themselves and other monsters you control (sometimes restricted to the archetype, tokens, and such) to Special Summon Level 7 or higher Tokens with effects depending on the Tuner you used. So you can use Synchro Monsters, but any of the archetype "Synchro Monsters" would be free from Extra Monster Zone restrictions.

ah yes, that would be better. Thx. Also, the archetype is technically mine. Other people made cards for it because of a prompt in the game, but most of those prompts were mine. That is why I gave them credit for making the cards they did.

EDIT: I was ninja'd. This was meant to be a reply to nyx's post.

Archived