Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Just ignore that they exist for AGM purposes, or we just recalibrate them to not deal with Links and stuff. To be fair, Yusaku's stuff is bland as sheet and no changes from the anime with rare exceptions. 

ZPD technically HAS a Link member off-site, but for our purposes, assume it doesn't exist [but you have the Xyz upgrades]. Then again, I made 2 Links for Psychic Dragons and 1 for Sunbeasts based on a kirin. Again, they aren't here on YCM (or in the thread), so you don't have to worry about them. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I mean archetypes we've already added (Gladiator Beasts just got one) are getting Links, so I need to specifically do the "bar X". Essentially, this locks us out of adding modern archetypes out of the potential they'll wind up with a Link focus.

Updated queue:

Infernity (2/3 - Eshai, Kyumi)

Raidraptor (2/3 - Kyumi, Draconus)

Phantom Knights (2/3 - Draconus, Sakura)

Amazoness (bar "Amazoness Archer") (1/3 - Draconus)

As is tradition, an update of the approved Konami archetypes will come with a set of support from yours truly. Both PK and Amazoness will get support, and thus far I'm only unsure whether this support wave should include 3 Amazoness cards and 2 Phantom Knights, or the other way around.

ANYWAY, it's Monday, which means a new Card of the Week.

Royal Shadowknight

DARK - Level 5 - Warrior/Effect - 2000/2000

If your opponent controls 6 or more cards, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can banish 1 card from either player's Graveyard with an effect that Summons a Token(s): Special Summon 2 Tokens that the banished card can Summon to either player's side of the field.

Now, while it sounds self-explanatory, here's something interesting about Royal Shadowknight- it copies the traits of the Token, but not any other restrictions the card banished has. For example, if you banish Scapegoat with Royal Shadowknight, the Goat Tokens are still unable to be Tributed for a Tribute Summon, but you can still Summon that turn (although you will only get two, as per Royal Shadowknight's effect). You can also choose who gets the Tokens and their Battle Position, which means you can use them for field control, some cheap damage if you need to finish off a limping opponent before they make a comeback play, a pair of extra beaters on board (especially if you gave yourself two Evil Tokens off Vicious Claw), some cheap Synchro Material, really anything that strikes your fancy.

I haven't been around for a while (as is customary), but this time I think I'm gonna leave the AGM for certain. Mostly because I'm spending less and less time on this website as a whole, and contributing hardly anything. I might show up again in the archetype game or something, though. Just figured y'all should know.

Sorry I haven't been around much (College + Duel Portal Club). Should I also list any of the archetypes I make for the Duelist Port Royal for here as well? Or should they remain exclusive to each other?

As for Tojin, see ya around. Didn't really get to know you all that well but you seem cool and the content you've made that I've seen was always pretty solid.

You can import them here, but same thing applies; someone's gonna have to approve them (and likely will be Draco, because everyone else in here bar me and you don't review Archetypes that much). Nyx is here but don't see him reviewing Archetypes except legacy stuff, Garland is IDK, Champion is inactive in AGM, haven't seen Octosquid or Belle lately and...Dova still has life issues. 

[Oh right, and you can probably tell something else is different.]

It basically means I get access to a bunch of secret stuff that I didn't have access to before. Just don't ask for the cardmaker to be fixed, as either I still can't access it or hosted elsewhere and requires YCMaker to show up.

But yeah, thanks. (It was bound to happen eventually, well, not right after evil retired)

====

Back to club stuff, still gotta make a legacy thread (though I sort of already started on it in pieces).

I will review archetypes. Only reason I didn't before was because they were unfinished or in a way, boring. But, I am trying to fix that part of me...

=====

As for Tojin, I never really had the chance to meet you, but I know you will be missed. Seems you and Evil are leaving for some of the same reasons...

=====

Also, CONGRATZ Sakura! I knew it would happen someday soon, just didn't know when. I'm so happy for you!

I would mention the new Aroma card that got leaked a few hours ago, but because of its nature, Draco doesn't want it. Suppose you can make a Synchro/Xyz equivalent of it with a different name. (Oh look, we made two cards named Aromaseraphy Jasmine before it)

But welcome back Tinkerer. Was wondering where you were for the past two months.

Thanks all!  Good to be back!

I would mention the new Aroma card that got leaked a few hours ago, but because of its nature, Draco doesn't want it. Suppose you can make a Synchro/Xyz equivalent of it with a different name. (Oh look, we made two cards named Aromaseraphy Jasmine before it)

We could make it a contact fusion and have its (2) effect work on monsters adjacent to it?

We could make something similar, yes, but the limitation is due to our permanent pseudo-Arc-V status. But, we already have "Aromaseraphy" blocked up for all the Main Deck monsters, and "Aromagister" is so far just the Tuners and Jasmine, so all we're hurting for is a name.

Anyway, Tink, how have you been? Where have you been?

Mm. Well, I'm personally doing wonderfully.

As for where I was... *shrug*

My Tinkerer persona has always been a bit of a wild card. Maybe I felt I was putting too much of myself on here. Maybe I just needed a clean split. I don't actually remember the reason I left in the first place.

As for why I stayed away and why I came back today... I'd rather not say. But, I can reasonably assure you guys that I'll be able to stick around.

Sorry it's not a satisfying answer.

I should've noted that I already made the FIRE Synchro for Hearts Riding, but just forgot to put it up a couple months back. But yeah, I should've expected you to finish up and add the DARK member.

But yeah, rest of it looks fine, though I do have to make a flavor note of you breaking the Beast stat pattern (however it's just a semantic thing). 

Archived