Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Nyx, are you going to open up a group PM like we did with the previous collaborative archetypes, so that we don't wind up with multiple cards with the same basic function?

I've already got some ideas for Übeldrache, and I don't want to wind up with there being like nine different search cards again (oh hai Moyufutsusa).

I was kind of expecting you'd create the PM, as it is your club. But yeah, I can create a PM later today.

Funny how even with that, we still ended up with a lot of similar cards for Moyufutsusa.

Problem was lack of paying attention on member's parts and literal interpretation of the prompt; design it for any format (regardless if it's old school or more recent).

IDK, could work on the Main Deck but have to see what you guys come up with and all.

====

Though given this club's legacy status, you are going to be pressed to find members willing to review in this format without leaking into Link design. (CC users apparently don't use the tags or are blind to their existence)

Likely another set and stuff, but it'll depend on who the hell is actually around during the holidays.

IDK, I may want to do a forum-wide thing, but only things you can really do is either write fanfics, design cards or GFX. The latter case is only doable by a handful of vets, including me.

But yeah, if people choose the name with the diaeresis, if they just write it as standard U, then fix it on your own and don't jabroni that they spelled it wrong. For some keyboards, diacritical characters aren't easy to type. 

Just like last year, four or more cards (or a special gift- I could appreciate a new avi) for your recipient. Build something to their tastes- either a new archetype, or support for one of their favorite archetypes/series here in the AGM. Also just like last year, I'm going to ask Yui to randomize who gets who.

So, here's a list of my favorite things, four whoever gets me:

●My favorite Types are Dragon, Spellcaster, Rock, and Plant.

●My favorite Attributes are DARK and FIRE.

●I absolutely love multiples of 3- Level/Rank 3/6/9/12 monsters, cards with exactly 3 effects, etc.

●Generally, my favorite Decks have aggro (fast swarm and beatdown), stockpile (gimme all the LP and self-replacing resources), or protect-the-castle (make big boss, keep big boss alive, make boss bigger sometimes) style.

●I love having tons of options in the ED, but I also enjoy big Main Deck bosses.

●I love backrow, and I admittedly miss the trend of every archetype having a vanilla or two to explain lore inconsistencies.

●Of all the cards I've designed, some of my personal favorites include Dragonna-bugeisha (I've wanted to make a Red-Eyes Darkness/Blue-Eyes Shining for her for a while), Disasterman, God-King Mellaxis (check Spellbound/Mellaxis, still one of my favorite archetypes of mine), Retrieval of the Sacred Tome, Dark Mafishian, and Destiny Flame Dragon (it's in my Critias support).

●I'd appreciate whatever you make to be AGM playable out of the box.

Back! Time to continue Yollohcoatl, join the Secret Santa, start on my contest entries for the AGM thing and work on the group archetype...didn't realize I had this much to come back to, but whatever. Nothing like a challenge to come back to!

Well, here are some of my favourite things for the Secret Santa then!

● Types that I like include Reptile, Winged Beast, Thunder and Psychic.
● Favourite attributes are WIND and EARTH.
● All of the draw/searching/HAAAAAND ADVANTAGE :D

● Sort of following in the from above, I like combos, particularly ones that lead to large fields rather than big bosses, but...
● I do love all forms of bosses and ED archetypes, except for Synchro ones (sorry Yugo and Yusei), but particularly Fusion and Ritual.
● I love complicated/crazy cards. Pendulum with any other Subtype, a fusion of two or more other subtypes or whatever works, weird effects (not necessarily game-breaking, just stuff like Jack Knights or my Yollohcoatl set) or just unusual effects (Chess Archfiends, Darkness Approaches old errata)

Well then. I guess we all should post one of these then. Here it is:

Things I like:

Favorite Types: Zombie is my absolute favorite, but I do like a combo of Warrior and Dragon.

Favorite Attribute: I love the LIGHT and DARK attributes combined, but my favorite as a single is probably DARK.

Things I love in an archetype: I love when an archetype has perfect synergy with the other members. I can get into any form of dueling, but it must have synergy.

Favorite way to duel: High attack monsters that can swarm the field easily and beat my opponent into dust. Occasional protection effects are cool too.

Preference of Extra Deck to Main Deck: I prefer my bosses being Extra Deck monsters, UNLESS it's rituals or Pendulums.

Importance of backrow: I appreciate my backrow at times, but most of my decks run over 25 monsters and I hardly use backrow anymore, especially traps... I wish traps would become relevant again.

Favorite type of monster: Synchro or Pendulum. Xyz, Fusion and Link are ok, but I love the above two to death.

Favorite of my archetypes: Carnimal hands down. My first successful archetype at completing a goal, and it helps that it is a strictly Synchro archetype.

Favorite Konami Archetype: Black Luster Soldier. I have loved this archetype since I was 6, and I still do.

Can you make Links for me: Yes you can, as I have no problems with Links.

Hmm... Well...

I would have to say that my favorite type overall is Rock and my favorite Attribute is WATER though I also really like Thunder, Pyro, Sea Serpent... basically most of the underutilized types. Oh, and Machine.

I am a real fan of unique/underutilized mechanics and sub-types (Convulsion of Nature, Parasite Paracide, Spirits/Unions/Rituals etc.), but, barring that, I generally like decks that can be utilized as an engine.

I don't really have a playstyle preference and can dig aggro decks as much as unconventional alternate win condition decks.

Out of the sets I've designed specifically for the AGM, I think my personal favorite would have to be the Kraken just because it is so over-the-top (that said, I've gotta go back and revamp it since the wording was... quite bad). However, the sets that were outside the AGM and were approved are ones that I happen to like more overall, especially Clayborne.

Ultimately though, what I have wanted to see for the longest time is an Archetype that has the toon sub-type but without being a part of the Toon Archetype.

Things I like:

Wordplay of all kinds. (Puns, double entendre, spoonerisms, I love it all.)

Boss monsters from the Main Deck (E.G. Flying Fortress SKYFIRE, the Earthbound Immortals, etc)

Anime mechanics that never properly made it into the real game (like Dark Synchros, those were cooler in the show.)

Field Spells.

Monsters that can evolve/change/upgrade in a number of ways, the way Ace monsters of protagonists and initial antagonists do in the show.

Things I don't like;

EARTH and WIND (unless the archetype/series has an elemental theme going on.)

Cyverse...

Rabbits. (They're creepy)

Links...

Poor interpretations of mythological and religious beings.

VRAINS.

Edit: Feel free to make stuff other than cards if you'd rather, it's no loss either way.

Welp, that just makes it harder for whoever ended up getting you. 

But let's see what's on my list:

• Zootopia-based stuff (go refer to my ZPD set in the outside approvals)
  • Pokémon-based things 
  • Reindeer-themed sets
  • Majespecter
  • MPB
  • Ice Barrier
  • U.A.
  • Rabbit themed stuff (considering I did make an offsite meta power deck for them)
  • High Extra Deck summoning
  • Warrior / Beast-Warrior / Dragon decks. Attributes, I like WIND and LIGHT, but the others are fine. 
  • Link format stuff (yeah, I'm fine with this, and honestly I have to adapt to it; you all eventually have to [not now])
  • Decks that function in the modern era (so...you can borrow cues from Zoos at their strongest or something else that topped meta)
  • Support for my archetypes, including outside stuff.

Um, I'll modify this list later if I come up with more things. (Or you guys can make me a sig/tag; that works too)

Lust letting peeps know: my phone's been acting up and I don't currently have a means to get a new one, so I'll likely be on/off site for the foreseeable future.  Probably won't have any overly long droughts, but if I'm gone for days at a time, that'd be the main reason.

Any of you wanna see the Card Game I made? Maybe not Draconus because the cards look like Link Monsters but maybe you guys could see. 

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/368927-bump-the-thought-of-chess-in-a-collectible-card-game/?do=findComment&comment=7059780

It was a project in my class to post my game online on "social media". Reviews would be helpful but you could just comment on it since I just got 2 pretty big reviews and I'm still replying to them.

I only dislike Links in the context of YGO, because their design runs counter to how the game functions. If a game was designed from the ground up with that idea in mind, it would definitely function more efficiently.

Anyway, Eshai, mind making whoever has you for Secret Santa not have to work harder than they need to? A little cheat sheet of things you like could go a long way.

I only dislike Links in the context of YGO, because their design runs counter to how the game functions. If a game was designed from the ground up with that idea in mind, it would definitely function more efficiently.

Anyway, Eshai, mind making whoever has you for Secret Santa not have to work harder than they need to? A little cheat sheet of things you like could go a long way.

Sure

My favorite Type/Attribute combo is probably WATER and Zombie. The typing would be lethal in the current game with all the support they have individually, but I want to see something toolboxy come out of the combination.

I don't usually want anything in particular, but I'd like to see someone try Gemini Spirit monsters. You'd get the effects, but if they're treated as Effect Monsters they get returned to the hand at the end of the turn. If you're smart though, I would include some Spell/Traps that turn Gemini Monsters back into Normal Monsters as a cost to do something.

You can decide how you want to make them fast enough to be competitive, considered in concept they're incredibly slow. I might do something like a one turn Ultimate Offering, but you can do what you will.

These Gemini Spirits can't be Special Summoned while in the hand or Deck, but can be Special Summoned in the GY since they're treated as Normal Monsters there.

However, as long as it's cool and interesting, you can do whatever you want. I'm not really picky. 

Favorite Type and Attribute combination is LIGHT Fiend. 

Favorite form of Extra Deck Summon: Synchro

Favorite form of removal: Banishment. Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, Cauis, the Shadow Monarch, and Dragon Spirit of White to give an idea of what I mean by "removal". Or Summoning by banishing monster(s). From your hand, Graveyard, side of the field, whatever. Though if there's only one monster in the set that banishes like any of the above monsters, I think I'd be content.

Hey guys? If an Equip Card were to grant a monster an effect and an ATK bonus, how would that be written? Is this good, or should I try something else?

A monster equipped with this card gains 900 ATK. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can change the equipped monster's battle position. If the equipped monster were to be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

That works, but if you really want the equipped monster to gain effects, try something along the lines of:

The equipped monster gains 900 ATK and the following effect:

●Once per turn, during your End Phase, you can change this monster's battle position.

If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card, instead.

Archived