Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, what's Delta Numerix again?

Also, I just want to say how great it is that the two of you are spending so much effort to make gifts for the rest of the group. I mean, I'm having difficulty with my Secret Santa, but you guys seem to be pumping out the perfect presents with ease. Even though we are sometimes a separate community from YCM as a whole, it's nice to be reminded in such ways that we are a community, not just a group, after all.

It's the Number C/Number S to our Number equivalent, Numerix.

I do presents for everyone every year. It's my job as founder and de facto leader to provide and set an example for you guys, regardless of impact on my other projects. Plus, I don't have many friends. As utterly sad as that sounds, you guys make up the majority of the people I care about, and it's a well-known fact about me that after Sylvia died this March that there was literally no one giving half a funk about me IRL. I need to thank you all just for being there when things got a bit hard, and this is the best I could come up with without prying.

My secret santa thing is almost done.  I probably will make a couple more cards, but that can hold off until tomorrow.

I want to post in your thread Draco, but I'm not sure if I can scrounge up the minimum word requirement for the section.  The card is definitely up my alley in terms of uniqueness, though, so thanks! *two enthusiastic thumbs up*

Some people are getting it out of the way before family stuff takes effect and all. 

I'm working on my Secret Santa recipient's stuff right now, though since a lot of us have already posted (no shame in that), it's probably easier to deduce who I ended up with. And yes Kyumi, I'm reviewing the stuff you made; was off/on today.

Might as well toss this up as well...

[spoiler=December Deck Challenge aka. "Let's just toss in LIGHT Spellcasters cuz they got ridiculous support"]

Monsters (LIGHT Spellcaster > LIGHT Non-Spellcaster > Non-LIGHT)

3 Platune Violinfantry - a double LIGHT searcher.  There's literally no reason not to run this in a LIGHT deck.
1 Fairy Tail - Snow - needed another LIGHT level 4 Spellcaster.  Happens to be able to trigger the monster who's the main goal of the deck though and, well... I'll get back to the banishing in a bit.
1 Synchro Magician - needed a LIGHT level 3 Spellcaster.  Decent choice, can toss itself back on the field infinitely and provide fodder/protection
2 Spellbound Magic Student - Literally can search any Spellcaster.  Decided to run a Mellaxis engine just because of this.
3 Miracle Orb - ANOTHER Double searcher.  Can Search 2 Spellcasters with the same level but different names when sent to grave.  Including itself.  No OPT.  Extremely ridiculous.
1 Prodigal Apprentice Mellaxis - Needed a level 1 to search alongside Miracle Orb.  It's... ok.

3 Tour Guide of the Internet - Free ability to field Miracle Orb or... pretty much whatever.  The downsides don't matter much in this case since you're using this more as a means to an end over anything else.
3 Tuning Lightcap - There is no point in not having 3 of these.  No OPTs anywhere.  If you banish 1 of 'em, you literally field all 3 for free which gives you quite a bit of headroom for easy plays.

1 Necromancer Morgan - Level 4 Monster Reborn that's searchable by Orb.  If you can dump Orb, you can search this and Violinfantry.  SS Violinfantry (get a double search), SS Orb off this card, Sync into a level 5 (get another double search)... and you haven't used your Normal Summon yet!
2 Fusion Typesetter - Level 3 Spellcaster that can get you to the Fusion Spells.  It also recurs itself for more free material
1 Studious Sorcerer Mellaxis - Engine piece more than anything.  Ridiculously easy to field at no cost.

Spells/Traps

2 Double Polymerization - I needed a card with a discard and this one was the least restrictive in doing what needed to be done
3 Invocation of Contract - Because this is literally a Toon Table of Contents that can net you additional advantage ridiculously easily
3 Invocation of Rights - Fields a level 3 Spellcaster for free.  It may be a DARK Spellcaster, but it opens up an easy way to get excess LIGHTs off the field.
3 Gold Sarcophagus - Because Lightcap is that worth it
2 Tributes to the Doomed - Needed a way to trigger Orb, whether by discarding it straight or blowing it up.
2 Spell of White Magic - A Spell that searches Spellcasters for free.  The fact it loads Spell Counters also helps keep Synchro Magician live
3 Secret Ambition - A Spell that searches Spells.  Yeah... no real deep explanation here.
2 Innocent Starter - Another Spell that searches Spellcasters for free!

3 Lightkin's Vanguard - A Trap that can act as a Spell on turn 1.  Can be used to Summon a Miracle Orb and dump another for a +2

Extra (Fusion > Synchro > Xyz)

2 Platune Sergent Song Dragon - I guess the actual boss?  Lots of the other extra deck choices are chosen because they can trigger this
1 Shining Sorcerer Mellaxis - Easily moves around the LIGHTs
1 Penumbral Pixie - Awesome interaction with Miracle Orb (it can equip Orb from grave and when it would be destroyed, it triggers Orb, giving you 2 searches)
1 Author of Fusion - Easily gain advantage while opening up a means of getting back the Fusion cards

1 Empty World Spirit - Probably the easiest means of trading monsters around in this format 
1 Wind Turbon - Summon this off the tokens made by Aensland High Paladin and you can recover Miracle Orb... which you can discard to trigger this card's other effect.  Plus can Sync with Aensland to go into Pikaké
1 Hijack Warrior - Not only does it trigger Platune, but it basically inflicts Plat's full ATK on the opponent every time Hijack activates
1 Reincarnating Skeleton Trickster - Recursion that banishes.  Its other effect might work out here and there too
1 Aensland High Paladin of the Almighty - Level 5 for the previously aforementioned Orb + Violinfantry combo and the Wind Turbon play
1 Dreamlight Buster Wing - Quick effect negation that triggers Platune
1 Delta Stream Android - (reread Skeleton Trickster)
1 Xīwànglong, the Seven Starred Dragon - Quick effect stuff.  More things to trigger Platune.
1 Pikaké, Heavenly White Dragon - Summonable off Aensland and Wind Turbon and makes sense to use as a LIGHT Deck boss

1 Numerix-057: Lustrous Wight - Mostly for recurring stuff from grave.  Since it is defensive, it is fine to summon off Tour Guide, but it also happens to be LIGHT with a quick effect.

So, the remaining Santas are Sakura, Nyx, and Eshai . . . and the remaining recipients are myself, Champion, and Dova.

Interesting.

Also, holy consistency, Batman. I think I may need to dole out erratas.

The main offenders seem to be Platune Violinfantry (it was designed as a 1-card engine for Platune Sergeant Song Dragon), Miracle Orb (no idea what the hell was going on there), and Tuning Lightcap (what the . . .)

So, for whoever designed the latter two (the first was my mistake), I'd like suggestions on how to fix them while retaining their initial intent.

Too lazy to list them all, you can find them here, in the Numerix section of the Xyz section. Each Delta-Numerix is listed with its counterpart. We are actually missing quite a few, like 28-32, 1 and 2, so on and so forth.

As for Pendulums, knock yourself out. Can never have too many Pendulums.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369340-agm-gift-christmas-stuff-2017/

Well, here's mine. 

Hopefully CZ likes it, since it's not EARTH/WIND, has Main Deck bosses, wordplay and some Field Spells. Theme is Zeroth Kingdom to reference him (uh, are you a guy, Champion?) and the fact this is more old-school. (Doesn't mean you can't play with it in ED format)

Also note that I designed this as a standalone, so hopefully none of us made some generics that'll break it. 

Hm! My, my! The last to post are Nyx and Eshai! The last to receive are Dova and I!

. . . Why did I rhyme, there?

ANYWAY, most Numerix don't have a Delta. It's a lot like the issue with most Numbers not having a Number C counterpart (but Utopia has like six), except that most Numerix have room for improvement.

Here are the ones that probably don't need Deltas:

●All the Rank 12 Numerix. Rank 13 isn't a thing.

●Numerix-072: Hegemon of the Stars. It's an instant win condition.

●Numerix-052: Luck Queen. She's designed to OTK at exactly 7 correct guesses, and draws you 7 cards in the process, which is utterly perfect for a Lady Luck-themed Rank 1.

●Numerix-108: Dual-Blade Dragoon. There is no way that an evolution of that card could be done in a way that wouldn't make it busted, or not worth Ranking up from that behemoth.

Everyone in the AGM (and Yui) has a gift in my thread, but I'm honestly wondering if I should do gifts for Broken and Zai again. On the one hand, I haven't spoken with either since February. On the other, they did speak with me this year, and I'm of the opinion that being a decent human being nets you a present . . . but I also don't know what kind of gift to give them, especially due to the fact that I haven't talked with them since Link Hell started.

I've been waiting for Christmas Day to turn mine in. Trying to figure it out because this one I'm doing is a bit weirder than I'm used to (saying that as I'm making an archetype full of monsters that attack each other).

More or less why I haven't posted mine yet, too. Last two years I've posted mine on Christmas Eve and I think I'll continue to do it like that.

Archived