Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

The issue is that it's a heavily combo-focused style with multiple pieces that are utterly worthless outside of combinations with specialized other pieces. I do agree that we have a lot of strong Equips and support for said Equips, but given the potential for these Decks to brick hard I wouldn't put much towards actively trying to fix much of it.

That said, if you come up with a Summoner Watch errata, I will make the fix.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relevant reminders:

Here is the queue-

Performapal (2/3 - Kyumi, Champion)

Odd-Eyes (2/3 - Kyumi, Dova)

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Galaxy, bar "Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy", "Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk", "Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon", "Number 83: Galaxy Queen", "Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord", "Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon", "Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon", and "Number 107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon"(2/4 - Sakura, Draconus)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

Neither Tinkerer nor I are allowed to approve Intergaluster, as we made it, but here it is for review:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/371589-intergaluster-crystal-fusion-control/

No submissions have been sent in for the March Challenge. For would-be AGM members, that means that you're down to 10 days before that Deck list you've been constructing is completely useless, due to the challenge theme changing. Also, from April onwards, existing AGM members/people who don't want membership who take and succeed at the monthly challenge receive 3000 Points instead of 1000.

Random point of frustration- in the LORE I'm building in my head around Dragonna-bugeisha, she spends a year practicing water-manipulating sword techniques on an island. Three seasons of that year have been chronicled by Blade Dances: Winter (Snowfall- performing mortal draws on snowflakes as they fall), Spring (Rainstorm- parrying individual raindrops so they can't touch her), and Summer (Wavebreaker- helm-splitter strikes, dividing the ocean to walk along the seafloor Moses-style so she has no need for a boat on her way home). I just can't think of what technique she'd be practicing in autumn. Help plz.

[spoiler=A Marching Toward Attrition]

3 Meteoric Magician
3 Torpedo Marlin
3 Cheetah Archer
3 Plasma Eel
1 Anti-Spell Sweeper - AS
1 Quicktick
1 AGM Successor Draconus
1 AGM Successor Melon
1 AGM Sucessor Dova
1 AGM Successor Talim

1 Library of Sanctuary
1 Chains of the Underworld
1 Fortress Cannon Base
2 Field Maintenance
3 Dummy Field
3 Attrition
3 Spite of Hand
3 Lock Archetype
2 Wheel of Greed

3 Sacred Tome of Exiles

I certainly hope this is good for the monthly challenge.  Can't remember who made what Generics.

Idea is to use Library of Sanctuary/Spite of Hand/Sacred Tome to search out and Library/Dummy Field to protect Attrition.  Rest are to rack up counters on Attrition/Slow down the opponent.  Because I didn't have a real theme going, I thought I'd toss in the AGM cards to speed up the whole thing/enable a more aggro win con.

*facepalm*

Was trying to figure out what deck I wanted to make for so long that I forgot what the challenge was towards the end!  XD

Anyways, decided to tweak it a tiny bit and as I was looking to see what I would change I saw Wheel of Greed.  Threw in a "Quicktick" (another means of reducing monsters' ATK + self-recycler) to be a level 2, so now the deck now covers levels 1-5 for Wheel of Greed and has the potential for some crazy draw power.  Even a bit of the downside works to the deck's favor.  If I roll a six, but the opponent doesn't have a level 6 either, both players take 1000 damage, which simply adds 4 counters to "Attrition".

I do still find it funny that though Dummy Field doesn't give you the spell search when it copies Library, it becomes really effective as a self-protecting continuous spell protector which is nicely valuable in its own right.

I honestly think that Wheel of Greed is either going to encourage a lot of Decks to run a Level 5/6 Garnet, or just wind up occasionally resolving with the double burn, because even most Synchro Decks don't run every Level from 1 to 6, and I think the only Decks in the AGM that will on a consistent basis are Logicangels and Rocknights.

Also, a challenge I'm surprised you didn't take was Dragonna-bugeisha control. It just struck me as odd that you wouldn't try to play around with a nigh-immortal dual-typed Warrior/Dragon with a strong support lineup and a modal effect set.

The challenge for me in making a deck isn't so much making one, but perfecting it.  Since I don't actively have a means of testing my decks against something tried and true, I instead tend to go with looking for individual cards/ideas and building up from that.  I generally don't use full archetypes (or series) with ten+ members because I can just slap 3 of 'em plus some staples and call it a day.  Too easy, plus I just don't get a "feel" for the deck.  On the other side of things, there's some times that there's just not enough stuff to work with.  For example, I wanted to make a deck featuring the Dragonforce trio with Dance of the Dragons to make 1 monster become a 6000+ quadruple attacker, but there wasn't enough things to facilitate that to make it very consistent (that new .  Though I do end up treading the same path every now and then, I aim to try to do different things, feature different cards, build decks with different playstyles, etc.

tl;dr. Dragonna-bugeisha has too many cards for me to make into a super interesting deck imo.

My problem usually boils down to getting my ratios right, and determining which option among similar cards to run in a given Deck. I do occasionally see small networks connecting otherwise disparate cards/archetypes, though, and occasionally I make something that fosters the relationship. For example, I noticed that Dragonna-bugeisha and co. made up two of the required Attributes for Disasterman, so I worked on a few odd FIRE Rocks. If you could find a suitable Fiend of an appropriate Attribute, I wouldn't put it past you to make Dragonna Disasterman, with some sort of engine to boost Disasterman's ATK high enough to do his job properly.

This archetype is hard to design around

3D4aJ02.jpg

Starglassed Crimson, Heaven Beyond

LIGHT - Rank 12 - Warrior/Xyz/Effect - 4000 ATK/4000 DEF

3+ Xyz Monsters, including 1 Rank 10 or higher Xyz Monster / (This card is always treated as a "Sunglassed" card) Must first be Xyz Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by transferring all of the above cards' materials to this card so that it has 12 or more materials. This card and Xyz Monsters that have "Starglassed" Crimson, Heaven Beyond" that was Xyz Summoned this duel as material gain these effects. ● Cannot be Tributed, nor used as material, except for a Xyz Summon of a monster with a different name than this card. Once per Chain, when a card or effect effect is activated (Quick Effect): Detach 2 materials from this card; negate that effect, also Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster (from this card’s Xyz Materials) with a Rank lower than this card by using it as material. (Transfer this card’s materials to the Summoned monster.)

This archetype is hard to design around

3D4aJ02.jpg

Starglassed Crimson, Heaven Beyond

LIGHT - Rank 12 - Warrior/Xyz/Effect - 4000 ATK/4000 DEF

3+ Xyz Monsters, including 1 Rank 10 or higher Xyz Monster / (This card is always treated as a "Sunglassed" card) Must first be Xyz Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by transferring all of the above cards' materials to this card so that it has 12 or more materials. This card and Xyz Monsters that have "Starglassed" Crimson, Heaven Beyond" that was Xyz Summoned this duel as material gain these effects. ● Cannot be Tributed, nor used as material, except for a Xyz Summon of a monster with a different name than this card. Once per Chain, when a card or effect effect is activated (Quick Effect): Detach 2 materials from this card; negate that effect, also Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster (from this card’s Xyz Materials) with a Rank lower than this card by using it as material. (Transfer this card’s materials to the Summoned monster.)

Something went wrong with your image there. Anywho:

After going back to our Group Archetype, I should to another project. But some of the ones that I found interesting have too much detail in the prompts as to how the archetype looks. And you know that if I can't find art for it, I either drop it or don't bother at all.

Do you guys know any archetype prompts that either have easy to find art or are vague when describing how they appear?

I remember seeing him post something like this on the DP Discord, but you can find it in Experimental too. Like I told him in status bar, it got moved because of Xyz Summoning stuff while they're materials. Nothing WRONG with it inherently, except Konami rulings on it due to the mechanics on it being unheard of at the moment.

Guess Elementsabers are on hold for a while until Konami releases their names in TCG (honestly, I'll be pissed if they butcher the names for the Sabers or change them to some irrelevant crap]). 

Hopefully I don't regret this, but I suppose give Yuya's remaining stuff a push into the pool. A lot of the PPals are bad, save for the ones that landed up in Black's design build (however relevant that is now). Odd-Eyes may be of some concern though, but yeah. 

(Then again, you do have to ban Supreme King Dragon Odd-Eyes because of its other archetype membership in that one; unless you all want that one in or we got it already.)

Supreme Kings made it in before Pendulum Magicians, actually. They're the reason we have them at all- Z-ARC food.

Anyway, the real thing here is updates for Performapals that got Limited. It was Monkeyboard, Guitartle, Joker, and Lizardraw iirc.

Also, as a precautionary measure, I'm Limiting Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom. Party Lord alone is reason not to let there be multiple SKDSV running around, and it's not a dangerous boss on its own (it requires you to play Level 1 Normal Turbo for Horakthy's sake).

The new and updated queue and banlist-

Queue:

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)

lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)

Elementsaber/Elemental Lord (2/3 - Sakura, Melon)

Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)

Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)

Galaxy, bar "Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy", "Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk", "Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon", "Number 83: Galaxy Queen", "Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord", "Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon", "Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon", and "Number 107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon"(2/4 - Sakura, Draconus)

Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)

Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)

Zefra, bar Metaltron (1/3 - Dova)

[spoiler=Forbidden]

Cyber Jar

Destiny HERO - Disk Commander

Fiber Jar

Solemn Judgement

[spoiler=Limited]

Dandylion

Dark Armed Dragon

Double Iris Magician

Envious Ogre

Lilliene, Apprentice of the Sclera Guild

Miracle Orb

Morphing Jar

Morphing Jar #2

Performapal Guitartle

Performapal Lizardraw

Performapal Monkeyboard

Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

Petrified Soldier

Speedroid Terrortop

Tuning Lightcap

El-Shaddoll Construct

Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom

Denglong, First of the Yang Zing

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Delta-Numerix-087: Merciless Reaper

Numerix-022: Hyacinth Queen

Numerix-023: Joyful Nihilist

Foolish Burial

Game of One

Infernity Launcher

Library of Sanctuary

Monster Reborn

Multiple Link Shooter

One for One

Pendulum Call

Rank-Up-Magic: Delta Force

Rank-Up-Magic: Mathematical Force

Rank-Up-Magic: Sandragon Force

Reasoning

Reinforcement of the Army

Secret Ambition

Super Polymerization

Synchroad Revival

The Mark of Lernaeus

Ring of Destruction

Macro Cosmos

Solemn Warning

Traitor's Trap Hole

[spoiler=Semi-Limited]

Blinding Shard

Fairy Tail - Snow

Flame Child

Infernity Archfiend

Inzektor Dragonfly

Inzektor Hornet

Maxx "C"

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

Ancient Fairy Dragon

Daigusto Emeral

Numerix-087: Merciless Soul Eater

Dark Hole

Automatic Deployment Ramp

Flocking

Foolish King's Sceptre

Fossil Dig

Fusion Supremacy

Gathering Coals

Gathering Dust

Gathering Feathers

Gathering Waves

Gravel Pit

Jumpstart

Negligence

Pity for the Mermaid

Raigeki

Rekindling

T-Rocks Discovery

Terraforming

Bottomless Trap Hole

Infernity Barrier

Retrieval of the Sacred Tome

Torrential Tribute

Oh yeah, also, has anyone checked out Intergaluster?

Last time I checked, we didn't (though I did offer the use of mine if any of you wanted to dump stuff; only requirement is that you do have to fill out the card templates with your name, but it makes it easier to find your stuff instead of asking "who made what generic out of the big pool"). Unless he's referring to that one, but I doubt it. Might be one that Tinkerer made, but that one was for 2099 iirc.

If you want to use mine, here's the link (though I generally don't like advertising my own stuff because of the stigma attached to it back in the old days). 

On a sidenote, now that we added the rest of Yuya's stuff, I'll update the legacy support thread with them later (well, least the back ones). A lot of the stuff coming out lately is generally things that are old and I have never posted in Advanced due to how the game was in late ARC-V in terms of them.

I think it's kinda funny that we have all four of the Yu Crew's Decks in here, in complete form, plus their combined form Z-ARC. Like, the only protagonist not to get any representation from any of his major monsters is Yuma- we even have some of Yusaku's Main Deck playmakers, like Cyberse Wizard and Gadget, and Judai gets representation through his Supreme King Deck, Evil HERO, plus Neos apparently (without the Neo-Spacians). We don't have Gagaga, Gogogo, Dododo, or even Excalibur, although we do have Double or Nothing.

Anyway, it seems we're just going to have to wait for Surraco to clarify.

All I'm asking with Intergaluster is a definitive answer. If no one wants it in, a simple no would suffice.

Oh, that's a general card making wikia.  I'm under the impression that all of us thought (when you mentioned it) that someone had made an AGM-specific wikia without anyone else's knowledge.

I don't care one way or another if we carve out our own section on the wikia for the AGM.  Sounds like it'd be some work though.

Disasterman-specific rulings:

●Because this card's effect immediately declares an attack, there is no "window" for effect responses, such as Ghost Ogre or Solemn Strike.

●Due to the nature of Disasterman's attacking effect, if it responds to an effect that cannot trigger in the Damage Step (such as a handtrap), the effect of the attack target is negated due to failure to resolve.

●Monsters attacked in the hand, Extra Deck, or Graveyard by Disasterman's effect are always treated as being in Attack Position. Battle Damage is applied as if that monster battled Disasterman with its effects negated.

●Disasterman is the only monster in the game that can respond to another monster attempting to Tribute it- in fact, due to a natural ATK tie with "Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju", it is guaranteed to be able to destroy "Gameciel" instantaneously. Then, if Disasterman was Summoned using a Rock monster as Material, it will Summon "Gameciel" from the Graveyard, preventing future attempts to use a Kaiju monster to Tribute Disasterman.

●Disasterman can respond to any Summon, except Spell/Trap effects that Summon monsters. This means that monsters brought to the field via Fusion Summons (except Contact Fusion) and Ritual Summons cannot be attacked using Disasterman's effect.

●Disasterman's effect does not target, and the attack it declares is not treated as having an attack target. If the effect of a Spellcaster-Type monster is activated while your opponent controls "Magician's Valkyria", Disasterman can still use its effect.

Am I forgetting anything, Tinkerer? There was a pretty sizable list.

Archived