Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

Is the "Create-An-Archetype" game part of the AGM? If so, will the archetypes in there automatically be added into here? If not, can I request that the "S.S/S.S.H." archetype be added in (besides the link that FourEyesIsAFish made, obviously)?

No, that game is not affiliated with the AGM, and likely never will be. Overswarm has 3 Synchros and no Tuners (failed that spot check), Exosaur/Endoman is incredibly clunky and unwieldy, and S.S./S.S.H. is just about the most awkward Rank 7 engine ever. As a mini-archetype, it would only require two votes to get in, but you're not getting the other one from me.

My thoughts on the archetypes in that game.

Overswarm - To be fair, Draco, you were the one who started the archetype in the first place. However, I suppose that members were designing under the impression that there exists Insect Tuners that can be used already without having to go in-archetype. (There's actually 5 of them, but they're all meh by 2018 standards)

Endoman/Exosaurs - Yeah, I literally have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be doing except maybe equipping. And hell forbid I had to design a card for it.

S.S. - IDK either. Would need to look over it some more, but I doubt I'll give it a vote anytime soon.

====

Also Draco, please avoid using /skip posts in the section unless it's absolutely necessary (also mentioned in Workshop rules, especially because it's in CC gaining post count). Same goes for everyone (and I do believe I need to have a talk with FourEyed about the archetype prompt).

Okay, so I'm swapping the positions of Frigates and Magistrake in my docket, because even though I have effects planned for the boats, they're nigh-impossible to name in a way that isn't completely uninspired while still being big enough to be a threat. Magistrake, meanwhile, is just so anime and ridiculous that I'm possessing a sneaking suspicion that making support will be sorely tempting for new members, and a perfect exercise in noticing interactions.

I will still stop accepting archetype support lineups after Magistrake comes out/October 14th (whichever is last), but I didn't want submissions from @@R.Surraco and @ to go upwards of a month without review.

Do whatever you have to, but hopefully those two get stuff in.

Right...and things on my to-do list (as far as CC and this club are concerned):

• Figure out archetype prompt to work with (because yeah, I am technically still doing MR4 stuff outside)
  • Go flesh out some stuff for legacy
  • Bump up the workshop games that require it.

Of course, this week is literally midterms, so...may have to put on hold somewhat.

====
As for the Archetype game, a somewhat better definition of how to work with the naming (which does deal with soil mechanics).

[spoiler=why the hell am I writing this instead of my 355 lab report due next week]
Liquid limit - the moisture content at the point of transition from plastic to liquid state [in the US, determined by percussion cup / Casagrande method; moisture content required to close a gap of 0.5 in after 25 blows]

Plastic limit - Moisture content when soil rolled to 1/8" diameter begins crumbling, Required to bake in oven for 24 hours and take measurements to see difference.

Plasticity index - Difference between liquid and plastic limits (higher value = higher plasticity); PI = LL - PL

I shouldn't have to explain Zoo, right? (It's not implying Zoodiacs, just so you know.)

Or you can go figure out something else; I gave you a Wikipedia link, but it's your choice whether to use it or not.

I finally finished the support challenge, so here is my entry.

Minicon Transport Unit (a truck)

Level 2

EARTH/Machine/Effect

When this card is normal summoned: you can set one "Minicon" Spell/Trap card from your deck, but it can't be activated this turn. If this card is used as Xyz Material for the Summon of a "Minicon" Xyz monster, you can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls: banish it. When this card is detached from a Rank 2 Xyz monster you control to activate its effect: you can target 1 "Minicon" Spell in your Graveyard and add it to your hand.

300 ATK/700 DEF

Minicon Recon Unit (an UAV)

Level 2

EARTH/Machine/Effect

When this card is special summoned by another "Minicon" card's effect: you can send 2 "Minicon" monsters from your deck to your Graveyard, then look at your opponent's face-down cards on the field and, if you do, destroy one of them. If this card is used as Xyz Material for the Summon of a "Minicon" Xyz monster: you can attach one card from your hand to that monster as material. When this card is detached from a Rank 2 Xyz monster you control to activate its effect: your opponent reveals one card from his hand.

100 ATK/ 900 DEF

Minicon Super Robot - Modular Armour

Rank 2

EARTH/Machine/Xyz/Effect

2+ level 2 "Minicon" monsters (max 5)

When this card would be destroyed by battle or by card effects: you can detach one XYZ material instead

This card gains the following effect(s) according to the number of material it has attached to it:

3+ : This card can attack a number of times equal to the nuber of materials it has attached to it.

4+ : This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the number of materials attached to it x200.

5+ : This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects that don't specifically target this card.

When this card has no materials attached to it: change it to Defence position, but it's destroyed during your next Standby Phase and, if it is, draw 1 card.

1000 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Minicon Expansion Pack

Continuous Spell Card

When this card is activated: add up to 2 "Minicon" Monsters from your deck to your hand. Once per turn: you can send one of your "Minicon" monsters from the deck to the Graveyard, then Special summon one "Minicon" monster from your GY with a different name. You can activate this card's name's effect only once per turn.

Hidden In Plain Sight

Normal Trap Card

When at least 2 "Minicon" monsters you control would be destroyed: you can flip all non-Xyz "Minicon" monsters you control face-down in defence position instead and, for the rest of this turn, all those face-down monsters can't be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Except the turn this card was activated, you can banish this card from the GY: special summon one "Minicon" monster in face-up attack position, then change all other "Minicon" monsters you control to face-up attack position.

(This card is always treated as a "Minicon" Card).

[spoiler=General Thoughts]The basic thoughts on this support is enabling more plays (because with normal monsters it's harder to do stuff) while not breaking the general harmony of the archetype. It's an attempt to add some more effects and more options for a "meh" archetype that was a bit functional with outside cards.

[spoiler=Singular Thoughts]

Minicon Transport Unit: basically searches out a possible gamechanger (or a trap for the next turn) for free when summoned. Its second effect is made to support Heroic Armour's by Taking one of your opponent's monsters and pushes it somewhere else and its third is a Spell-only Transmigration Prophecy.

Minicon Recon Unit: gives you intel on what your opponent has set and setup your GY on SS, then gives your Xyzes an extra material and you get to look at one of your opponent's cards in his hand. Always useful informations.

Modular Armor: is a "last resource" thing (but not only). It can be summoned with only two material, but with 0 useful effects (except protection) and explodes the turn after it has used all materials; if you make it with more it becomes increasingly more powerful.

Minicon Expansion Pack: searches 2 monsters on activation and summons 1 from the GY.

Hidden In Plain Sight: what you see is what you get. Protection and SS is always useful.

That's all folks

Hopefully someone bumps the Archetype game, else I'll have to do it myself (might be easier for me because I know what Atterberg limits are, but conversely, might not be).

But yeah, make the changes before Draco bites you for it later. 

====

[spoiler=Also about the group archetype...]

i_m-waiting-t-shirt-teeturtle-sonic-the-

Though, it may be better to hold off on it for a while because coursework and whatever for all of us here.

I really apologize in regards to the group archetype. I can't think of any ideas I like or think are any good at all, and with uni-work skyrocketing I really don't have that much time to work on it anyway. Someone else should probably take it, as I feel I'm getting nowhere at the moment.

I don't mind taking it if you want to pass it on, Dova. Can probably randomize some specs from that Java program (naming and such would be decided later); you already know about it from Discord.

But yeah, like you, I have my own things to deal with as far as university goes (especially in the upper division). So...archetype thing may be delayed slightly too.

Given that Nyx had Übeldrache, they can't take it, either. I'm tempted to take it myself, or let Kyumi take it (can't member tag that abomination of special characters), but at that point it's not really random anymore.

I do have a group prompt ready just in case, but I'd prefer not to use it unless I absolutely have to.

Dova's alright with me taking it (least when I brought it up on Discord, though he did want to see what you had to say about the matter).

As for Kyumi, well, I know she said that she'd try to be around longer this time, but given the lack of a computer and various other factors, it's sketchy at best. (And yeah, Kyumi's a she now if it wasn't made obvious a few days ago.) Not to smear dirt or anything, however it was mentioned in Kyumi's last thread in CC about what happened from the last login time.

Yeah, I am probs not the best person to take up the group archetype this time around, due to my circumstances. It's like Sakura said, no computer, and limited activity prevents much.

=======================================

Draco, the special characters don't need to be put when u address me lol. My name translated from said special characters is: Sebi Evalon

==================

And yes, I am female now. I am a trans girl. Pre-surgery and pre-therapy, but still.

He's referring to the mention function, which is: 

@(your name here) or @[member=(your name)]

And yes, it requires exact characters to work (which special ones provide some degree of roadblocking to). Otherwise, we can still call you by your regular name.

But yeah, I'll try to figure out something for the group arch. 

I mean, as long as I am pm'd in the group project, I don't really care who comes up with the prompt.

Anyways, I wanted to post a specific support card I'd put in my thread:

Elemental Draw

Spell
Reveal your entire Extra Deck to your opponent. If all cards revealed are "Elemental Hero" or "Evil Hero" monsters, you can banish 1 "Elemental Hero" or "Evil Hero" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck: send cards whose names are listed on that banished monster as Fusion Materials from your hand, side of the field, or Deck to the Graveyard; draw 1 card for each card sent to the Graveyard this way. You can only activate 1 "Elemental Draw" per turn.

...under normal circumstances, I'd be fine with this since it is specific to those two decks, you have to send monsters to be able to draw (making it not as splashable in decks that don't need an extra deck), and it is a hard OPT.

Problem is, I just remembered that all the Neo Spacian fusions are E-Heros.  Adding to the support/playstyle addition Draco stated before, would this card be too much to top it off?

Well, considering Electrum has four materials, that could be a +4 which could be devastatingly overpowered, and give u an ultimate advantage over the opponent. But that's just me, and it doesn't have anything to do with Neo-Spacians.

Well, considering Electrum has four materials, that could be a +4 which could be devastatingly overpowered, and give u an ultimate advantage over the opponent. But that's just me, and it doesn't have anything to do with Neo-Spacians.

That's true too, but I don't think the AGM actually has Electrum (or any of the OG Elemental Hero fusions looking at the list on pg. 1)

Otherwise... yeah, that could get pretty wonky.  Even so, there are 3-mat fusions which themselves would make this a +2, so yeah, still really strong.

Before I send out a group PM with the prompt, need to make sure that these are the members who are technically active in this club.

- Myself

- Draco

- Nyx

- Tinkerer

- Kyumi (I'll just add you so you can at least contribute 1 card or something)

- Uggla (if he's here)

Surraco and Dante will be added upon acceptance. 

Archived